Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 3 Rakata Superweapon Space Stations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
The 3 Rakata Superweapon Space Stations

MWidowmaker
02.13.2012 , 04:37 PM | #11
the third station is Belsavis...
no real information, just a guess from all the secrets contained within it, and that the planet appears to some people as a giant machine
http://www.swtor.com/r/6m2C2S Free stuff, bandwagon referral link, click if you want

nicehunter
02.13.2012 , 05:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
no real information, just a guess from all the secrets contained within it, and that the planet appears to some people as a giant machine
That is actually quite plausible and it does make sense. But so far it doesn't have a function except as a prison unless ive missed something there???

Loriqquin
02.13.2012 , 06:55 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Asrei View Post
According to Wookieepidia there's at least one source (The New Essential Guide to Alien Species) that says it was built by the Rakata and there seems to be some possibility that the Rakata are the Celestials. I haven't played that FP so I don't even know if Malgus atributes all of the stations to the rakata.
Rakata came after the Celestials.

Altyrell
02.14.2012 , 08:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Loriqquin View Post
Rakata came after the Celestials.
plus, the Celestials [at least as far as we know] never tried to take over the Galaxy or really screw with cultures [short of creating the Corellia System] whereas the Rakata & the Infinite Empire conquered part/most of the Galaxy and FUBAR'ed Tatooine turning it from looking like Naboo (and similar type planets) to a never ending desert along with spliting the inhabitants into half Sandpeople and the other half into Jawas.

KadyeNova
02.14.2012 , 06:49 PM | #15
It's a reference to centerpoint station. Centerpoint station grappkled entire planets and even suns into a habitable orbit, thus xeno-forming them.

could possibly be a reference to the Maw.

Verg
03.30.2012 , 08:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Valsdad View Post
Centerpoint Station was supposedly built by the Celestials.
There's also the suggestion that the Killik's built it. But the Kind.... arn't the most reliable when it comes to things.

stuartjs
04.20.2012 , 08:08 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MWidowmaker View Post
this does make sense. during the sith inq story you meet a machine called 'the mother' that creates new species. the machine admits to making the twi'lek, zabrak, and many others. the rakata used the mother to try and find a way to cure their force illness.

LtGeneralGezlin
05.09.2012 , 03:39 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohanshot View Post
TL: DR
The Foundery: Builds massive armies of battle, extermination and hunter-killer droids.
The Star Forge: Built huge fleets of ships
*Unknown 3rd Station*: Xenoformed(terreformed)planets
From what I remember from KotOR 1. When you find the Star Map on Kashyyyk, the interface computer tells you that it was placed there to monitor the terraforming of the planet (Or something like that, it's been a while since I played K1) I wonder if this 3rd station is the same station. And I've had this weird theory that the space station (AKA The Mother) in the "Riptide" novel was an early incarnation or prototype of the Star Forge built by the Rakata.
CE Owner - The Gallifreyan Legacy - Squad 238 Tester
65 Gunslinger, 65 Commando, 60 Sentinel, 65 Shadow.
53 Operative, 54 Mercenary, 65 Marauder, 63 Juggernaut, 54 Sorcerer.

BanthaRaider
05.09.2012 , 04:00 AM | #19
Could be that the Centerpoint station within the Corellian Sector would be station number 3.
Uses the force to operate and can only be activated by a Force user.
The EU isnt clear on that, but many things point into that direction.

Velaran
05.09.2012 , 02:04 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by BanthaRaider View Post
Could be that the Centerpoint station within the Corellian Sector would be station number 3.
Uses the force to operate and can only be activated by a Force user.
The EU isnt clear on that, but many things point into that direction.
It's not Centerpoint Station.

In FOTJ, Centerpoint is revealed to have been built by The Father, Son, and Daughter, to contain Abeloth.