Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 3 Rakata Superweapon Space Stations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore > Spoilers
The 3 Rakata Superweapon Space Stations

Rohanshot
02.09.2012 , 03:33 PM | #1
During the Foundry flashpoint, Malgus gives some background on the Foundry after capturing the Republic Cruiser. He explains that the Foundry was just one in a series of stations that could "change the course of nations". One xenoformed planets, while the other built fleets of ships (the Star Forge). And of course, the foundery produced endless armies of droids. The Moff that you're with recognizes them as "the Star Forges"

TL: DR
The Foundery: Builds massive armies of battle, extermination and hunter-killer droids.
The Star Forge: Built huge fleets of ships
*Unknown 3rd Station*: Xenoformed(terreformed)planets

There are a few questions I have however. First I thought there was only one Star Forge and that was the one from KOTOR. Where did these others come from? And also whats the deal with the Unknown Space Station (the one that could xenoform planets)? I've never heard of it. Does anyone have a link to it perhaps?
Speak softly and carry a BIG GUN!
Codename: The BrotherHood an Elite Trooper only Republic Unit
Rank: Corporal- Element: Titan Company 1st Platoon, Delta Squad
[Recruitment Thread]

LX_Theo
02.09.2012 , 03:56 PM | #2
I guessed I missed that part that explained all that in game . But assuming you're right about what it said, the issue with there being only one Star Forge is easily explained. Throughout the Kotor story, they assumed that there was only one. I'm sure Revan and Malak both knew about the others (Revan obviously did), just no one who would be willing to give you answers that knew them would be willing to talk about it. So, in the end, you just never stumbled across that info.

Angedechu
02.09.2012 , 04:34 PM | #3
Riptide introduced a really messed (japanese anime messed style) techo-organic Rakattan space station, the Mother,

nicehunter
02.09.2012 , 08:47 PM | #4
The Mother was a prison for a Rakata entity and besides if the Sith Empire knew of the Mother do you think they would have tried to free her?
I Thing BW is playing a bit loose with the Rakata story lines.
Personally i cant see why the Rakata would need more than one Super station if the Star Forge could produce Droids as well as star ships, and the Star Forge was able to sustain life as Malak has Jedi Prisoners when you eventully defeat him.

commanderdarman
02.09.2012 , 09:03 PM | #5
why have 1 station when you can have 3

Angedechu
02.10.2012 , 12:13 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by nicehunter View Post
The Mother was a prison for a Rakata entity and besides if the Sith Empire knew of the Mother do you think they would have tried to free her?
I Thing BW is playing a bit loose with the Rakata story lines.
Personally i cant see why the Rakata would need more than one Super station if the Star Forge could produce Droids as well as star ships, and the Star Forge was able to sustain life as Malak has Jedi Prisoners when you eventully defeat him.
Actually I'm pretty sure that the Empire would do exactly that.

Or maybe, you know...send 4 random guys check the station.

kraidy
02.10.2012 , 01:19 AM | #7
It was nowhere stated in KOTOR that the Rakata built one super station.

Asrei
02.10.2012 , 07:23 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohanshot View Post
TL: DR
The Foundery: Builds massive armies of battle, extermination and hunter-killer droids.
The Star Forge: Built huge fleets of ships
*Unknown 3rd Station*: Xenoformed(terreformed)planets
The 3rd station might be a reference to Centerpoint Station.

Valsdad
02.10.2012 , 08:59 AM | #9
Centerpoint Station was supposedly built by the Celestials.
Overtrebel, a right and proper scoundrel

Asrei
02.10.2012 , 10:42 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Valsdad View Post
Centerpoint Station was supposedly built by the Celestials.
According to Wookieepidia there's at least one source (The New Essential Guide to Alien Species) that says it was built by the Rakata and there seems to be some possibility that the Rakata are the Celestials. I haven't played that FP so I don't even know if Malgus atributes all of the stations to the rakata.