Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why pvp is balanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why pvp is balanced

Evuke's Avatar


Evuke
02.09.2012 , 03:33 PM | #21
Sniper.

Delavager's Avatar


Delavager
02.09.2012 , 03:34 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Howbadisbad View Post
Assassins already take up this role and preform it better...

Assassins have more sustained damage output than Operatives on one target.

Higher damage numbers do not mean much when the time between hits is larger.
Operatives can heal themselves, Assassins cannot.

Operatives opener is much better than Assassins.

PvP is not Black and White.

Two people staring at each other pressing the attack button doesn't define balance in PvP.
Comprehensive list of Tricks, Hints, and Tips for Warzones. You might learn something new!

Howbadisbad's Avatar


Howbadisbad
02.09.2012 , 03:34 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by cupofwater View Post
Good Operative:
Knocks sorc down
Starts rolling keyboard, doing insane burst damage.
Sorc CC's operative, Operative breaks cc or waits out the small CC timer
Stuns sorc and starts doing insane burst damage yet again.

What you are forgetting here:

-Operatives do not deal insane burst to anyone with equal gear

-Sorc also has a CC breaker and has more than one CC

-Sorc can force sprint to get away without needing to CC Operative

Aside from this, 1v1s rarely ever happen in warzones unless you are opening on bads who are out of position. 1v1s do not win WZs either, Operatives can't contribute anything to the team that another class already does just as well, if not better.

Madhatteer's Avatar


Madhatteer
02.09.2012 , 03:36 PM | #24
Hi my name is cupofwater and I started a thread where I state everyone else is wrong and I'm right. Go ahead and make an argument and I'll tell you why you're wrong.........

Are you fn serious?

cupofwater's Avatar


cupofwater
02.09.2012 , 03:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
Sniper.
Snipers can constantly do the most single target damage and can succeed in many different aspects of there own class. They also tend to go unnoticed in warzones and are able to rack up top damage.
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."

cupofwater's Avatar


cupofwater
02.09.2012 , 03:37 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Madhatteer View Post
Hi my name is cupofwater and I started a thread where I state everyone else is wrong and I'm right. Go ahead and make an argument and I'll tell you why you're wrong.........

Are you fn serious?
I'm telling people how each class can succeed in there own way and also trying to make a thread that isn't about based on the OP crying about certain classes or why there own class is terrible
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."

Howbadisbad's Avatar


Howbadisbad
02.09.2012 , 03:38 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Delavager View Post
Operatives can heal themselves, Assassins cannot.

Operatives opener is much better than Assassins.

PvP is not Black and White.

Two people staring at each other pressing the attack button doesn't define balance in PvP.
Concealment operative heal is weaker than Assassins overall better survivability, if your enemy is allowing you to cast your 2.5 sec weak heal in a fight or is not dealing far more damage than it can heal then they are doingitwrong.

Operatives opener is not significantly stronger than Assassins. It is stronger, but not strong enough to be seen as a viable choice over Assassin considering Operatives are weaker everywhere else.

Delavager's Avatar


Delavager
02.09.2012 , 03:38 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibbie View Post
A person's ability to "succeed" with a class in a team-based PvP system against other players of varying skill and gear levels does not make that said class "balanced."

The word succeed is incredibly vague and subjective, and as such, it can be twisted and redefined such that all classes could "succeed" irrespective of actual class balance.

Balance should be indicated by a class's ability to perform very specific roles as well as other classes can perform those roles. If one class can perform better than other classes and perform better in a greater number of rolls, than that class is not balanced.

You defended that Operatives can perform well, but if an Assassin can do the same things but better, than Operatives are not balanced. "Succeeding" is irrelevant.
In the same note, "Balance" is also very vague and subjective, probably equally if not more so than "succeed".

Defining balance is almost impossible. You cannot limit it to roles either because a class is balanced as a WHOLE. For example, between Assassin and Operative, you have to take into account healing and guarding. How do you equate ASsassin's ability to guard to Operatives ability to Heal? How do you compare Operatives Opening Burst to Assassin's sustained dmg and built up burst?

It's all subjective.
Comprehensive list of Tricks, Hints, and Tips for Warzones. You might learn something new!

Howbadisbad's Avatar


Howbadisbad
02.09.2012 , 03:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jibbie View Post
A person's ability to "succeed" with a class in a team-based PvP system against other players of varying skill and gear levels does not make that said class "balanced."

The word succeed is incredibly vague and subjective, and as such, it can be twisted and redefined such that all classes could "succeed" irrespective of actual class balance.

Balance should be indicated by a class's ability to perform very specific roles as well as other classes can perform those roles. If one class can perform better than other classes and perform better in a greater number of rolls, than that class is not balanced.

You defended that Operatives can perform well, but if an Assassin can do the same things but better, than Operatives are not balanced. "Succeeding" is irrelevant.
This post is 100% correct

Delavager's Avatar


Delavager
02.09.2012 , 03:41 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Howbadisbad View Post
Concealment operative heal is weaker than Assassins overall better survivability, if your enemy is allowing you to cast your 2.5 sec weak heal in a fight or is not dealing far more damage than it can heal then they are doingitwrong.

Operatives opener is not significantly stronger than Assassins. It is stronger, but not strong enough to be seen as a viable choice over Assassin considering Operatives are weaker everywhere else.
A) That's your opinion.
B) Better survivability doesn't applies in scenarios where you aren't taking damage.
C) You can heal other people, you can't "Survive" other people.

And since you will counter with "Assassin's can guard other people" which is true, how do you compare guarding with healing? Two different abilities with different uses.
Comprehensive list of Tricks, Hints, and Tips for Warzones. You might learn something new!