Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why pvp is balanced

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why pvp is balanced

cupofwater
02.09.2012 , 02:58 PM | #1
Tell me a certain class that cannot succeed in pvp and I will tell you how they can and how they have.

I have yet to see one class that cannot dominate a pvp game
depending on the player playing it.

Learn to play your classes role and you will help your team succeed. Hitting top damage doesn't mean you are helping your team win in WZs or helping your team at all.
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."

Gregory-IRL-Bria
02.09.2012 , 03:00 PM | #2
Qft..
Harbinger PvE server (because prophecy of the five pvp server died )

Characters
Xostean 65 Guardian
Gregory-IRL 65 Scoundrel
Susser-Tod 65 Sage

KatrinaKatt
02.09.2012 , 03:01 PM | #3
5 republic defenders vs 8 empire guild Premades as attackers in Voidstar--all night long.

Dominated.

Each class has their own merits, granted, but imo pvp needs # balance before starting

Howbadisbad
02.09.2012 , 03:02 PM | #4
Concealment Operative

As in helping your team not running around opening on random baddies who are out of position.

Also make sure you also explain how a Sith Assassin will not fill the role you state and do it just as well, if not better.

Medicine Operative

State how they are superior to Sorcerer in PvP.

cupofwater
02.09.2012 , 03:05 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KatrinaKatt View Post
5 republic defenders vs 8 empire guild Premades as attackers in Voidstar--all night long.

Dominated.

Each class has their own merits, granted, but imo pvp needs # balance before starting
As a republic player, you can have much more chemistry with your team overall, teams with a few trooper healers, sage healers, sentinels can dominate pvp WZs. I have seen some awesome troopers/counselors/sentinels on my server that can dominate pvp.

Sorry your server lacks the numbers for full pvp but look at it this way... you can have 8 man premades with the lacks of other republics queueing up
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."

Roak
02.09.2012 , 03:08 PM | #6
class balance is fine imo

it is everything else that is balls.
things need to change
We have some of the most experienced PvP developers in the world on this teamô
~
You have no play time.

LilxWaffle
02.09.2012 , 03:09 PM | #7
All the classes are balanced. But each class has their weaknesses.

Sith Sorcerers will get PWNED ALL DAY by Operatives. Sorcerers are strong vs. Sith Warriors though. (at least thats what ive seen)

The classes are great and i love them. EA has made a great game with balanced classes, fair pvp, and a great storyline. so, in otherwords, there is NO best class.
iWaffle
Sith Inquisitor
"Those who engage in battle hoping to live will surly die. But those who enter battle expecting death will surly survive" - Me

Howbadisbad
02.09.2012 , 03:11 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by LilxWaffle View Post
All the classes are balanced. But each class has their weaknesses.

Sith Sorcerers will get PWNED ALL DAY by Operatives. Sorcerers are strong vs. Sith Warriors though. (at least thats what ive seen)

The classes are great and i love them. EA has made a great game with balanced classes, fair pvp, and a great storyline. so, in otherwords, there is NO best class.
If Sorcs are getting pwned by Operatives then the Sorcs are bad/doingitwrong.

nvmvoidrays
02.09.2012 , 03:12 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Howbadisbad View Post
Concealment Operative

As in helping your team not running around opening on random baddies who are out of position.

Also make sure you also explain how a Sith Assassin will not fill the role you state and do it just as well, if not better.

Medicine Operative

State how they are superior to Sorcerer in PvP.
if only.

gtdead
02.09.2012 , 03:13 PM | #10
Class balance is fine, wz design is bad. Everyone knows that by now. A class that has knockback is 43957639576924385245 times better than any other class in huttball. Easy stuff to comprehent.
Belphegor - Lord Calypho
Battlemaster Marauder

Operative in the makings.