Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mobile Secuuity Key App WARNING!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Mobile Secuuity Key App WARNING!!!

D_Hawkens
12.15.2011 , 02:18 PM | #1
If you actually get the app to work and you start using your Security Key.....DO NOT uninstall the app.......EVER!!!

I had mine working on my phone and had to reset my IPhone because it wasn't backing up. Once I did this the app was no longer linked to my account. Called SWTOR and they blamed Origin. Called Origin and they blamed Apple. Called Apple and they want to charge you before they will even talk to you.

Nobody can reset the Security Key. If you have to reinstall the app then you will never log into the game again.

Been on the phone either on hold or talking to somebody who says they cannot help me for 7 hours. Sent out emails with no replies.

All I want is the Security Key authentication removed so I can play the damn game.

My last option through Origin is to refund my money. Maybe that is a hit to get out while I can?
i7 970@3.20Ghz (12 CPUs), 12GB RAM, Win7 Pro 64bit, Dual AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB

D_Hawkens
12.15.2011 , 02:29 PM | #2
Why can't anyone reset the Security Key?

Or fix the App?
i7 970@3.20Ghz (12 CPUs), 12GB RAM, Win7 Pro 64bit, Dual AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2GB

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 02:32 PM | #3
I have the same issue. See my thread for my ongoing struggle to get this unsuccessfully resolved:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=303682

threehoursleep
12.15.2011 , 02:38 PM | #4
Sorry to hear that, however you should have unbound the security app from your account prior to resetting the iPhone. WoW also had an authenticator app for mobile devices and it specifically warned you about this and also gave you a serial number to rebind the app to your account in case of trouble.

Are you sure there is no such failsafe for the Star Wars app as well? Or did you hurry over the instructions to get into the game faster?

D_Hawkens
12.15.2011 , 02:46 PM | #5
There is no failsafe for the SWTOR Mobile app.

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 02:50 PM | #6
Threehoursleep:

In my case, the website that you use to set up the security key malfunctioned and made it appear that it had not been properly set up. So when I deleted the app and tried to start the process again (I'm an idiot) it then informed me that the old process had actually taken and that i now was stuck with an account that was bound to my deleted security key app.

I was a WOW player who used their mobile authenticator without issue for many years and understood the process and what could happen if I deleted the app. I was duped by the malfunctioning website.

isntsean
12.15.2011 , 03:15 PM | #7
It looks like there may be hope after all, although this was posted earlier today.

https://twitter.com/#!/SWTOR/status/147338234102419456