Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

49 to 50 transition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
49 to 50 transition

trentman
02.09.2012 , 01:22 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Ancient_karp View Post
This game is a lot like life: Life isn't fair. Adapt, overcome, or learn to deal with it.
not why i play a *********** video game you ******e

Xallionn
02.09.2012 , 01:26 PM | #22
I dinged 50 a little before the bag change so I feel your pain about getting nothing out of them, however I certainly didn't have too much of an issue with the gear differences. In my first warzones I still made significant contributions to the group. Granted I'm a healer, but you should consider buying gear upgrades off the auction hall, or running a few flashpoints before heading into the warzones. Joining warzones at level 50 isn't much different than joining operations at level 50. You're better off gearing up a little before attempting them. Getting the Hilt and Armor mods or even some purple pieces go a long way towards letting you compete.

Delphis
02.09.2012 , 01:29 PM | #23
The transition from 49 to 50 pvp is horrible and very jarring.

You go from a nice, evenly balanced 10-49 bracket that is fun and fair to being sheer fodder for anyone (most) who have better gear than you. Expertise and gear mean too much in pvp for this game.

I had hoped for a better pvp experience but this game DOES NOT deliver.

Flysparks
02.09.2012 , 01:30 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by nexusgalaxy View Post
PVP should not be about grinding. I should be able to hop in a WZ at lvl 50 and play agasint someone who is 50 for 2 months and beat him if im the better player. Sure there should be pvp rewards but this exptertise stuff has got 2 go bro.
^ this. I don't know about the expertise part, but definitely the former. And, Moose, you're just determined to be blind to reason and make ridiculous accusations against me with no evidence. I never complained about 50s being in the universal warzones and will never complain about a class being gimped. Played WoW for 6 years and never pulled the underpowered card once. So, good job on being extremely closed minded and void of empathy.

xanix
02.09.2012 , 01:31 PM | #25
11 to 49 its about skill , 50 its about gear , simple

ForceWelder
02.09.2012 , 01:33 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashapotamus View Post
The op sounds like a solo'er to me.

ProTip: MMO's are designed and intended to be played with friends. Get some!

Can't complete your Ilum daily because you can't kill any level 50's? Group up WITH SOME FRIENDS and get credit for the dailies for every one in your group when you kill someone.

Struggling to get medals or win warzones? Group up WITH SOME FRIENDS and form a premade and learn some group tactics and see how much easier life becomes.

Don't have any friends? Lack the social skills to compete in the friend game? Cancel your account and slit your wrists but please don't forget to send me all your stuff first.
yep, do what the Imps do.

The first words out of most Imp player's mouths when they get on Ilum is usually one of the following ...

1. Any OPS running?
2. Any Repub action?
3. Invite plz

With the OP, it almost sounds like a lack of any real coordination on the Repubs side.
A member of Squadrons 1020 & 367.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Smashapotamus
02.09.2012 , 01:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by xanix View Post
11 to 49 its about skill , 50 its about gear , simple
11 to 49 is about skill when you're playing against lower levels who don't have all of their skills yet? I hate to burst your bubble, but the difference in power you have at 40+ playing against a guy who is 11-40 can be just as great as the difference in gear created by expertise.

It's essentially the same thing. To whine about one and not the other is illogical.
www.FistOftheEmpire.com
Promoting scrub shag'n & tea baggin.

ForceWelder
02.09.2012 , 01:44 PM | #28
To the OP, you think you have it bad?

Try playing as a new level 50 healer and then look at your performance in the mirror.

Healers get crap for medals and crap for MVP votes.

Yet they come back to play again and again.

They also tend to be the main targets of the other team players and I have played many warzones where I spent more time stunned or simply dead because I got marked as a healer early in the round and the opposing team have dedicated two players to keep me off the field.

Add in the nature of PUGS where your team mates are completely oblivious to you even keeping them alive and you end up dead again and again because your team mates simply don't understand basic tactics or more simply just don't care because they simply want to max out their damage numbers and actual winning is secondary.

Fast foward two weeks and that same newbie 50 healer (who couldn't get a 100k in healing / match if his life depended on it) is now a champion geared level 50 healer averaging over 200k healing a match while still dealing with idiot team mates.

And the kicker of it all ....

You may have over 200k healing but you still are the bottom of the medal list. Even when 2/3 of your team didn't even get 100k in damage.
A member of Squadrons 1020 & 367.

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever." - Shane Falco

trentman
02.09.2012 , 01:44 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashapotamus View Post
11 to 49 is about skill when you're playing against lower levels who don't have all of their skills yet? I hate to burst your bubble, but the difference in power you have at 40+ playing against a guy who is 11-40 can be just as great as the difference in gear created by expertise.

It's essentially the same thing. To whine about one and not the other is illogical.
not true, even a 40-49 braket would be balanced. Now go back to cheating and exploiting WZs with you punk *** guild.

rgizzie
02.09.2012 , 01:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Flysparks View Post
Terrible. I suppose, maybe this has been addressed by the change in epic bag contents but I can't say for sure, as I opened all my bags the day before the patch. I'd just like to point out the inherent flaw in the system:

You need 3 wins/9 wins for your daily/weekly.
You need to be capable of killing other players for your ilum daily/weekly.

Upon reaching 50, it's impossible to kill another 50 in a 1 on 1 fight. This, in conjuction with our server being heavy imperial (anywhere from a 3:1 to 5:1 ratio, as far as I can tell), completely undermines any real ability to complete my Ilum quests for gear. Allow me to thwart any of the standard "baddies are bad" attacks by saying, a 30-45% HP bonus is not (in any game I've ever played) negligible, not to mention the tremendous discrepancy in other crucial stats.

Concerning Warzones, I've gone from getting 8+ medals to <4. There have been several warzones in which I've been unable to even score a killing blow, as my attacks practically ricochet off a fully geared 50. Any game I'm in may as well be 7 vs. 8 as, almost every game, I'm outdamaged by healers.

My main problem here is that, obviously, this situation is not fun at all. This nullifies the entire purpose of the ****GAME***. Also, this is entirely out of focus with the practice of 10-49 warzones which mandate a decently level playing field.

Now, I'm never a fan of proposing problems without also proposing solutions.

1- Increase commendations per bag--- CHECK. Good job!

2- Perhaps make the daily quest only require 2 victories? But what might be a better idea is this: FIX THE BUG WHERE SOME VICTORIES DON'T COUNT TOWARD YOUR DAILY QUESTS. The bug used to be an inconvenience; at 50, it's absolutely enraging.

3- come up with some programming to better match teams, putting a low geared 50 on a team with 7 high geared 50s.

Concerning Ilum-

1- Make a daily/weekly that rewards you for destroying vehicles.

2- Implement a stat-equalizing function similar to what's in 10-49 for the open pvp zone.

3- Implement NPCs for whichever faction is outnumbered which not only aid them in battle, but also count for the daily/weekly kill quests for the opposing faction.

I'm just spitballing here. The game is about fun, after all.
All they need to do for people who don't have a lot of time and just want fun is this:

just make a naked warzone. No armor, no expertise. Just 50's vs 50's. make a daily and weekly along with that. Maybe more wins or something. I would do it.