Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

49 to 50 transition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
49 to 50 transition

Felene
02.09.2012 , 12:54 PM | #11
Ah good times.

Character just turn 50 and go to warzone try to get 3 wins.

Finish by doing a total of 15 warzone, 4 wins(one doesn't count) and 11 lost(Keep getting into warzone that already lost, 3 cap alderaan, 2m left turn 2 voidstar, 5-0 Huttball)

Typical I said.
Do this ASAP, do that ASAP, fix this you *****, fix that you *****, *** is this? FAIL! I unsub!

Don't you people ever grow up?

Moosestick
02.09.2012 , 12:56 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Flysparks View Post
Maybe you had 1000 merc and wz commendations and opened 5 bags for a total of 75 commendations and bought your weapon. As mentioned, I hit 50 the day before the patch and opened 9 bags for a total of 27 commendations, yielding NO new gear.

*edit: And, maybe you're one of those medal farming classes that racks up around 13 per game.
Opened my bags and got implant and relic. Waiting to buy anything with comms until i finish my two weeklys so i dont waste comms right off the bat.

http://i40.tinypic.com/jjldec.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/34xjclh.jpg

Orange gear minus a relic and implant.

Again, it is a L2P issue from my standpoint.

Flysparks
02.09.2012 , 12:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by iLLaDeLpHLife View Post
Stop expecting to dominate and get better
The OP does not whine, it states a problem and potential solutions. It is not a plea to make the game easier, it is a plea to not put fresh 50s in a nascar race driving a Ford Pinto. The problem is not that I'm not good, it's that my skill has literally NO POTENTIAL to shine, a direct result of the disgusting stack of numbers against me. It is a game of mathematics, at its root. I have 1 piece of centurion gear, btw.

KyoMamoru
02.09.2012 , 12:58 PM | #14
Treasure the moments of being undergeared in PVP; they are the prime time that you will learn how to utilize every skill your character has. Also, I'll post something I wrote on my server forum.

Quote:
The first thing you shouldn't do, is press that button for the Warzone. Once you hit cap level, you have to realize that you need to begin the process of approaching at least Tier 1 Gear, before you enter the arena. If you go into an Arena unprepared, you are just weighing down your team, while being blown up by Expertised geared players. There are a few things you can do to prepare prior to this, in the 1-49 Warzone while you're the big-boy with all your skills and talents. Consider the following a check list.

1) Make sure to get 1,000 Warzone Commendations, and 1,000 Mercenary Commendations prior to level 50.
2) Make sure that you have purchased your Champion Bag [Unique] prior to level 50.
3) During your leveling process, do Corellia Heroics that will provide you with level 49 purple modifications for your gear. They only cost two per part. This should be a natural part of your gear process, without much effort.
4) Make sure you have Orange Modable gear for every slot possible. If the trade off is worth it [sometimes is!], consider the Fleet Commendations for Belt/Bracers that you can modify.
5) Perform Illum and Belsavis level 50 Dailies to achieve 5x Artifact grade Modifications, Enhancements, and Armor Modifications.
6) Upgrade your weapon to a rating of 126.
7) Obtain Reuseable Medpack, Stimpack, and Adrenal. [If you're a serious PVP, this is a must unless you are supplying mats to a guild mate for blue level items.]
8) Purchase the final tier Crit/Surge/Power Relic.
9) Get your Matrix Cube.
10) Replace all your items with Purple items. Ears/implants usually go for 50k, and at level 50, you shouldn't have an issue obtaining the money to do so.

There are dailies in Ilum and Belsavis for level 50s that provide: level 50 Purple Modifications, Enhancements, and Armors. I know the Sith side quests are as follows:

Illum
Poisonous Strategy (Heroic 2+) - 3 Daily Commendations, Artifact Enhancement 22.

Belsavis
Old Enemies (Heroic 4) - 3 Daily Commendations and Artifact Armoring 22.
Freeing the Fallen (Heroic 2+) - 3 Daily Commendations and Artifact Mod 22.

Now, with your hard earned Daily Commendations, you can also purchase a Grade 126 Hilt/Barrel for your weapon, which should only cost 8 Daily Commendations. You can repeat this process every day, until you gear up. Your orange items will be -better- than Tionese items, due to the stats all being aligned to what you are attempting to do in PVP. Sure, you won't have set bonuses, but you'll be fine. I strongly recommend that you go with Crit/Surge Enhancements to allow you to have a better burst in PVP since you won't have any Expertise.

With your dailies out of you way, it's now crucial that you begin the process of acquiring Stimpacks/Medpacks to use in PVP. If you -really- want to be the best you can in PVP, you're going to be using Biochem. This means, you're going to want to go and do Black Talon to acquire Biometric Crystals. By the time your week of dailies is done, you should have acquired the materials to make reusable Stimpacks, an Adrenal, and a Medpack. Chances are, you can easily run these missions with your guild members who will already have acquired these parts.

Tionese vs Orange Gear
I know many of you are like, "Well, I can just run Hard Modes and level 50 Instances and get Tionese gear!" Well, that gear isn't worth the time or effort. Let's look for a moment at gear for an Operative:

Tionese Set: [Armor only.]
Cunning - 497
Endurance - 520
Power - 194
Accuracy - 160

Orange Gear with level 50 daily Mods:
Cunning - 602
Endurance - 636
Critical Rating - 191
Surge Rating - 195

Now, remember, the Tionese gear requires you to spend an hour or two doing instances, and hoping for a random drop. I have one guild member who has ran BT ten times and hasn't gotten a single drop. Conversely, you could spend the week getting the enhancements/mods/armor which allows you to skip straight to Tier 2 instances. If you have guild members that are willing to help you, the mission rewards are actually TRADEABLE. It is possible to get all your parts for your level 50 gear in a single day, if your guild is willing to help. Do not waste your time trying to get this gear.

Important Disclaimer
PVP gear isn't the best gear in the universe. I know, shocking. Yes, expertise is AMAZING, since it functions in three major aspects of PVP, but you can still dramatically increase your viability as a level 50 if you focus purely on burst damage. One trade off in the PVP Champion gear is the Accuracy Dump Stat in the mods in the gear, so while wearing Champion Gear, a character can find themselves with substantially lower Critical and Surge ratings. To give you an idea, if I'm wearing my PVE set, I have ~37% Crit and 80% Surge, but when I'm in my PVP gear, I'm at 31% Crit and 66% Surge. That's a pretty substantial difference.

Also, this guide was written at 3am, so there may be errors in it, but the gist of it is all the truth.
Quote:
Centurion Gear
Armguards - 25
Belt - 25
Boots - 39
Ear - 21
Gloves - 39
Headgear - 39
Implant - 21x2
Jacket - 39
Secondary Weapon - 24
Pants - 39
Primary Weapon - 72
Relics = 14x2
Total = 432 Commendations.
Champion Bags Required to Obtain All = 29

Champion Gear
Armguards - 44
Belt - 44
Boots - 67
Ear - 67
Gloves - 67
Headgear - 67
Implant - 36x2
Jacket - 67
Secondary Weapon - 41
Pants - 67
Primary Weapon - 123
Relics - 24x2
Total = 774 Commendations.
Champion Bags Required to Obtain All = 111
Battle Master Bags Required - 51.6

Moosestick
02.09.2012 , 01:00 PM | #15
The OP does not whine, it states a problem and potential solutions. It is not a plea to make the game easier, it is a plea to not put fresh 50s in a nascar race driving a Ford Pinto. The problem is not that I'm not good, it's that my skill has literally NO POTENTIAL to shine, a direct result of the disgusting stack of numbers against me. It is a game of mathematics, at its root. I have 1 piece of centurion gear, btw.
You are the OP, and you are whining.
Few weeks ago: ITS THE 50'S THAT ARE CAUSING ME TO LOSE.
Now: OMG ITS GEAR!
Future: MY CLASS IS GIMPED, IT'S STILL NOT ME!

Granted, the forums are the place for people that just ragequit to vent.

nexusgalaxy
02.09.2012 , 01:07 PM | #16
PVP should not be about grinding. I should be able to hop in a WZ at lvl 50 and play agasint someone who is 50 for 2 months and beat him if im the better player. Sure there should be pvp rewards but this exptertise stuff has got 2 go bro.

Flysparks
02.09.2012 , 01:16 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Moosestick View Post
Opened my bags and got implant and relic. Waiting to buy anything with comms until i finish my two weeklys so i dont waste comms right off the bat.

http://i40.tinypic.com/jjldec.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/34xjclh.jpg

Orange gear minus a relic and implant.

Again, it is a L2P issue from my standpoint.
I dunno man. Maybe you're a sorcerer so your damage isn't mitigated by armor? I lost literally half my damage, going from 150k+ to <75k; >3k backstabs to <2.5k

cosmov
02.09.2012 , 01:17 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by nexusgalaxy View Post
PVP should not be about grinding. I should be able to hop in a WZ at lvl 50 and play agasint someone who is 50 for 2 months and beat him if im the better player. Sure there should be pvp rewards but this exptertise stuff has got 2 go bro.
You totally clueless.Expertise wasnt implemented as reward for pvp grind,it was implemented so freshly dinged 50`s and ppl who play for pvp only wont be stomped by ppl in high tier raid gear.Remove expertise and you will be rolled all day long by raiders in rakata.

KyoMamoru
02.09.2012 , 01:18 PM | #19
What hurts a burst class the most in the transition is players go from having an average of 11,000 hp to an average of 16,000 hp. Aside from that the fact that people actually have all their talents, and moves on their bar.

cosmov
02.09.2012 , 01:21 PM | #20
I dunno man. Maybe you're a sorcerer so your damage isn't mitigated by armor? I lost literally half my damage, going from 150k+ to <75k; >3k backstabs to <2.5k
So 10% decrease on backstab equals 50% of your damage?Somewhere in your post i smell lotsa fail.