Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quickslot lock driving me nuts. DEVS PLZ FIX!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Quickslot lock driving me nuts. DEVS PLZ FIX!

vrok-
02.09.2012 , 12:24 PM | #11
Dear devs, please make abilities unclickable so we don't have to deal with bad players. Thanks in advance.

Kalantris
02.09.2012 , 12:25 PM | #12
The worse problem is, that the side bar is too close to the edge of the screen. I play windowed obviously and have random stuff there, that's not bound to anything. Speeders, buff, regeneration, that sorta stuff. If you click just a tad too far to the right your game goes boom, because you just resized the window by like one pixel, so everything needs to load again. Awesome .

Regards,
Kalantris
Voluntas Vincet Omnia

drdarpa
02.09.2012 , 12:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
This quickslot lock is in the most inconvenient place possible, If you are off by a little bit by trying to click your number 1 ability, you unlock your quickslot bar and the next thing you know it, you're playing musical abilities with your quickslot during a fight and deleting abilities on accident that you really need. I swear sometimes it unlocks itself when you zone.
The quickslot lock is the least of your problems.

Dispatch
02.09.2012 , 12:28 PM | #14
Yes I click, there is no advantage/disadvantage doing things one way or another. I am faster at clicking and have no problems in WZ's other than the damn lock unlocking my quickslots.

jonglynn
02.09.2012 , 12:32 PM | #15
Yes I click, there is no advantage/disadvantage doing things one way or another. I am faster at clicking and have no problems in WZ's other than the damn lock unlocking my quickslots.
Agreed, I enjoy clicking......Sure, if I wanted to setup my hotkeys I might be a bit faster, but I just don't give a damn to do so.

I love how people don't want to fix an obviously bad UI element because of the way THEY play.......

I bet if everytime they accidentally hit the Spacebar it removed their weapon they would ***** pretty quick.

ugig
02.09.2012 , 12:35 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by vrok- View Post
Dear devs, please make abilities unclickable so we don't have to deal with bad players. Thanks in advance.
Being a clicker doesnt make you a bad player, I was a clicker all the way through Rift and was considered to be one of the better healers on my server/faction. Now stereotyping all clickers as being bad players does make you a bad person..or rather an elitist jerk

kuNEE
02.09.2012 , 12:35 PM | #17
You guys are retarded, why dont you help him by showing him why clicking is bad and that he would get better if he starts playing with his keybinds, instead of bashing him and act like little dumb kids.
xfire: darkyfox
TheTZ Community www.thetz.net

Elyree
02.09.2012 , 12:37 PM | #18
Really?? Because it doesn't sound like you are all that accurate when clicking.

Megaherz
02.09.2012 , 12:41 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Elyree View Post
Really?? Because it doesn't sound like you are all that accurate when clicking.
/Thread
When ever I see a dead fly on my window sill, one that wasn't there the day before, I always wonder how it died.. Did he have a stroke? Or maybe had a little fly heart-attack? Then I think that maybe he's just pretending to be dead so I won't swat him.... So I swat him! *G.C.

Foofie
02.09.2012 , 12:44 PM | #20
Until I got the Naga Epic and the Nostromo, I was a clicker. Never had a problem. Just a play style I guess.

I will say though I enjoy my two new friends from Naga though.
Master Foofie SWG Tempest Survivor FORCE Disciples