Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quickslot lock driving me nuts. DEVS PLZ FIX!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Quickslot lock driving me nuts. DEVS PLZ FIX!

Dispatch
02.09.2012 , 11:58 AM | #1
This quickslot lock is in the most inconvenient place possible, If you are off by a little bit by trying to click your number 1 ability, you unlock your quickslot bar and the next thing you know it, you're playing musical abilities with your quickslot during a fight and deleting abilities on accident that you really need. I swear sometimes it unlocks itself when you zone.

Varcan
02.09.2012 , 12:00 PM | #2
You click?

Better get a flame retardent shield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ARMofGod
02.09.2012 , 12:02 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
This quickslot lock is in the most inconvenient place possible, If you are off by a little bit by trying to click your number 1 ability, you unlock your quickslot bar and the next thing you know it, you're playing musical abilities with your quickslot during a fight and deleting abilities on accident that you really need. I swear sometimes it unlocks itself when you zone.
This is just one more example of how this game is fail. R.I.P. SWTOR.
Please join my new community events group! For Empire players only, I call it Friends-United Empire-Alliance. Or FU EA for short!

jonglynn
02.09.2012 , 12:03 PM | #4
You know, some people like to use the mouse........

I've had this happen before and it's frustrating.

The Lock icon is in a stupid place, it has no business being millimeters from the buttons being clicked.

Just move it the preferences menu or somewhere that isn't routinely clicked.

Redial
02.09.2012 , 12:04 PM | #5
lol. uh oh., this thread is trouble.

better delete quickly

ihateyouall
02.09.2012 , 12:04 PM | #6
clicker detected. Rofl
I HATE YOU

jazzllanna
02.09.2012 , 12:07 PM | #7
Well binding would help that from happening but if you must click

There is also a lock button in your options so if you do have to click it won't move anymore.

I would recommend trying to play without clicking though. Adjust your bindings so that they are easier to hit... don't use 7-= change those to better keys like shift 1,2,3,4,5. Once you get use to using keys instead of clicking your reactions will be much faster.
Wichita Gunslinger
The Harbinger
Spoiler

Elyree
02.09.2012 , 12:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
...little bit by trying to click your number 1 ability...
I think I see the problem. Do you keyboard turn also?

Endur
02.09.2012 , 12:17 PM | #9

ugig
02.09.2012 , 12:20 PM | #10
Some ppl click, thats their way of doing things, maybe small hands or stiff fingers makes it difficult for them to hit all those keybinds, I myself was a clicker up untill recently and i still click on some abilities. Being a "clicker" should not make you the target for flames, I have seen some very good players that were clickers.

And to the OP, I too have had what your describing happen, it is very annoying and yes I think at times it unlocks on zoneing by itself because I have had it happen at times when i wasnt even hitting the abilities near the unlock, on a related note, I have also noticed my relics being removed from my left hot bar completely from time to time when i zone.