Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pyro damage in pvp

Mamm
02.09.2012 , 08:57 AM | #1
So. I have 2 battlemaster pieces+mainhand+jewelery, and my highest damage is
Detonator 3000-3500 crit, 1700 noncrit
incendiary 800 hit +300 dot (damn low)
Railshot 1500 and 3000 crit

627 expertise

And how kill anyone with so low damage? Yes, i have top damage in board, but i didn't see any results when i try killing guys.. And Rail shot can easy do deflect or covered, and i really think about back to arsenal build..

P.S. when i see operative stab me 4k-4k-4k damage combo, my soul is burning
Server: Lord Calypho.
Class: Bounty Hunter - Mercenary.
Name: Sader Bloodthirsty.
Level: 50. PvPrank: 64

Reenolols
02.09.2012 , 09:49 AM | #2
Sounds like you have bad mods and enhancements, and said operative does not. Put power/surge enhancements in your gear man. Makes a world of difference.
Reeno: Nub 70+ Operative | Reenow: 55+ Marauder
Reenopt: 53+ Powertech |Belgoth's Beacon|

Vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/Reeno23/videos

Joobbacca
02.09.2012 , 11:37 AM | #3
I have found the pyrotech to be pyrofail. As far as i am concerned it is a complete joke. I average about 35 kills per game as TM spammer specc. and have no fun at all. Being a ranged nuke is boring imho, its like playing a boomkin all over again. Either pick no mobility or sissy dmg. Merc pvp is broken save for bodyguards.
Moonfire aint got nothin on my BlasTech DL-44

Molltor
02.09.2012 , 01:25 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Joobbacca View Post
I have found the pyrotech to be pyrofail. As far as i am concerned it is a complete joke. I average about 35 kills per game as TM spammer specc. and have no fun at all. Being a ranged nuke is boring imho, its like playing a boomkin all over again. Either pick no mobility or sissy dmg. Merc pvp is broken save for bodyguards.
Are kills all that matter in WZ's??

Besides, both Arsenal and Pyro can be very good in PvP. I'm specifically an advocate of Pyro PvP over Arsenal as I prefer the mobility and survivability it has. I've found damage to be quite strong as a Pyro as well, sometimes my burst as Pyro can equal or even surpass that of Arsenal.

Damage is fine. Not as strong as Sorcs, but fine nonetheless.

Bamajawn
02.09.2012 , 03:22 PM | #5
I find that I can do good damage as a Pyro. However, the strength of the class is really more subtle, at least when your're focusing on WZ objectives. For instance, the DOTs are great for preventing takeover of objectives, and we have some good ones. Staying with the ball carrier in Huttball and blowing enemies off the ramps with the jet pack is another good trick. My favorite is to electro dart the guy in the fire trap.
Brotherhood of Chaos, Shadow Hand server

DrekorSilverfang
02.09.2012 , 04:01 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bamajawn View Post
I find that I can do good damage as a Pyro. However, the strength of the class is really more subtle, at least when your're focusing on WZ objectives. For instance, the DOTs are great for preventing takeover of objectives, and we have some good ones. Staying with the ball carrier in Huttball and blowing enemies off the ramps with the jet pack is another good trick. My favorite is to electro dart the guy in the fire trap.
Knockbacks are done better by Arsenal spec and the DoT's can be easily cleansed as unlike PT's you can't overload their cleanses with more DoTs then they can handle. You have two... one of which is not even reliable(CGC).

truffle_shuffle
02.09.2012 , 04:07 PM | #7
As a pyro specced merc you shouldn't be trying to 1v1 people or really even be trying for heavy burst, though its possible. I find I am most effective in this spec when staying with the group in warzones and applying heavy pressure to all targets, cycling through to put on dots, aoe with death from above, and really focusing on healers standing in the back by dotting them and tossing on TD and making them focus on surviving and not healing their team mates. Also remember to apply fusion missile if a couple of people are standing around with low health, it ticks for nonsense damage on people below 30%.

jorgehyde
02.09.2012 , 06:56 PM | #8
love pyro playstyle but, it is completely inferior to arsenal in pvp. you get way more utility, survival, and burst as arsenal. the "mobility" and sustained damage that pyro players tout is overrated and not very useful at all.

pyro is not the "pvp" spec, arsenal is.
STOOL ORTEGA, MERCENARY
EGADS ORTEGA, POWERTECH
FURNITURE THAT KILLS
REKATA MIND PRISON

LarkBenson
02.09.2012 , 09:08 PM | #9
If you have trouble PvP'ing as pyro, you're doing it wrong. Period. Sorry, but that's the truth of it.

Either that or your definition of PvP is just blowing up whatever red text is in sight and going for random 1v1s.

XyriusSES
02.09.2012 , 09:40 PM | #10
So much bad in this thread.