Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same old nonsense

gofortheko
12.15.2011 , 01:45 PM | #1
I cant fathom why classes who have great dps at range not only get multiple forms of crowd control, but also they can just run around in circles and with the terrible range of melee powers never be hit. The worst I think is when my jedi guardian was facing a BH he just tanked him and beat me down easy. So not only does he have tons of Crowd control, dps, but he can tank as well or better than me.

I am hoping that Jedi's get better the higher you go, but I wont hold my breath. Ill keep trudging a long and try to figure out a good way to pvp, but with very little Crowd control, and zero snares I am finding it a rough go.

Lavacon
12.15.2011 , 01:52 PM | #2
Tim Tebow is a winner. He never gives up & finds ways to win.

More people should be like Tim Tebow.

Varcan
12.15.2011 , 01:54 PM | #3
They are known late bloomers. Stick it out if you like the general feel of the class. You get your CC late, and can get a bit more if you're Gaurdian spec.

The CC isn't that bad overall in my exp., and I play Shadow so its not like people like seeing me next to them.

When people are higher lvls there is more CC, but there's also more ways to break it for most classes. Make sure you get in a habit of using your CC breaker(lvl 9) ability as well.

Pro Tip: Never use charge abiity to start combat unless you absolutely have to. Save it for the knockback, or post stun.

Raddic
12.15.2011 , 02:01 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Lavacon View Post
Tim Tebow is a winner. He never gives up & finds ways to win.

More people should be like Tim Tebow.
Tebow has GOD on his side. Jedi Guardians have the lolforce.

Evuke
12.15.2011 , 02:53 PM | #5
you rolled a melee tank on and expected to do well in pvp? seriopusly if you want to own in pvp just roll a sorc like everyone else.

AmonRama
12.15.2011 , 03:41 PM | #6
Youre just feeling the effect of the poorly implemented bolster. Tank has zero advantage when everyone has generally the same health.

reofjsof
12.15.2011 , 03:47 PM | #7
bolster is a moronic mechanic

don't judge PvP at a low level--it's impossible to balance before everyone has their abilities and skill points

guardian gets a fair amount of CC, especially if you're defense spec

ShaggNasty
12.15.2011 , 03:50 PM | #8
90% of you sucking, is you. I've seen plenty of other people kicking butt. Maybe evaluate your playstyle? Are you going after "soft" targets? Do you have a healer? Are you running in a premade group or just solo que?

TEAM WORK > ALL

Skeptical
12.15.2011 , 03:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Evuke View Post
you rolled a melee tank on and expected to do well in pvp? seriopusly if you want to own in pvp just roll a sorc like everyone else.
No lie. I played a mach today and the Empire team consisted of all Sith Iquisitors with the exception of two spots and those were Agents.

StugLyfe
12.15.2011 , 04:01 PM | #10
WoW players are going to have a hard time adjusting to having no gear/level I win buttons.