Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Flashpoints way to long !

Feliksiak
02.09.2012 , 06:02 AM | #1
In todays world, people are always in hurry.
Dont have a lot of time. Sure they have fun, they watch movies, play with kids, play games etc. But, every time phone will ring, your lady ask you to do something, some emergency situation happen, you can easily stop watching the movie, stop play with kid, pause the game etc.. Why because you dont interact with other people. When you do FP you need to be "free" for some amount of time. As more time you need to finish FP, as the rish you will be interrupted by something and force you to stop playing increase geometrically.
From my point of view I can not jump do FP in 30 min and log off (at least worth doing FP). Nice easy and fun. Lets take False Emperor normal. Nothing special, quite easy, no wipes, you go you kill you move, one area, second area, third, area. You are in normal gear, not damn good gear, but good gear. You checking the timer 1.30min and last boss still standing..
Come on. You know how may times i was interrupted by something from real world during run? at least 3 times, that i had to tell my mates 5/10 min afk...
Im not asking to make 10 min run, but for god sake, can you make FP 30 min, max 1h run.
Taking something from the past, you know which dungeons and raids were the most popular? The shortest ones! at least for casual players. Did you play world of tanks? You can jump do do 2/3 battles. (10 min one battles) and log off. Now i can log in and do some dayilies or find some datacrones. FP are way to long.

theblaznee
02.09.2012 , 06:14 AM | #2
Agreed.. Good post.. Maybe put it in the suggestions forum instead?
Don't mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness!

Fight hard, die well!

Dee-Jay
02.09.2012 , 06:15 AM | #3
You expect instant gratification which is the bane of modern MMO gamers.

What happened to actually investing into the fruits of your labor?

While I agree that the amounts of trash mobs are a little excessive and that trash is too mindless and easy I don't think Flashpoints need to be shorter or faster.

It should be a somewhat fulfilling and social experience, rather than a rapid grind for gear.

I think ~1 hour per Flashpoint is a good benchmark. Less if you're fast and don't wipe, more if you're slow and wipe a lot.

As said, I wouldn't mind seeing less trash while making it more challenging.

Thyse
02.09.2012 , 06:16 AM | #4
Game time is me-time, no one interupts my me-time.
If they do, I tell them to bugger off.

Should try it

achtungbabies
02.09.2012 , 06:21 AM | #5
Most of the flashpoints seem to take 30 minutes to an hour, on normal or hard.

It's already far too easy to get decent gear in this game. The last thing we need is shorter flashpoints.

Crixaliss
02.09.2012 , 08:12 AM | #6
I disagree that they're too long. I think for that first time you run them, yes they do take a while, but it gives you a good feeling of immersion and sense of story. Later, when you skip story and are just running for the gear really, you can easily slash the time they take. HM BT and Foundry can be done in around the 30 minute mark without too much trouble, and others don't need to take over any hour really unless theres problems - disconnects/wipes/etc.

Personally, I think the length is good

Ruuprect
02.09.2012 , 08:24 AM | #7
Wall of text crit for 9k, I AM BLIND.

midnyt
02.09.2012 , 08:26 AM | #8
We finish any FP HM in 30mins or less if we're doing a speed run. Maybe use the Spacebar more and get a better group.
Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!

Maglen
02.09.2012 , 08:27 AM | #9
More spacebar.
Deceptus Keelon - 50 Sorcerer Healer - Iron Citadel - Temerity
Server Firsts, NM 16M EV 1/26/12, NM 16M KP 2/2/12
A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!

darreke
02.09.2012 , 08:31 AM | #10
your doing it wrong...

FP's are too short, i want longer, more story driven, more bosses, more oh **** moments, MOAR MOAR MOAR..

stop whinning about getting too much and asking for less.. FP's aren't for you, stick to heroic 4.
Jupke Shagzwell
Freelance enterpreneur