Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

General PvP Skill Level

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
General PvP Skill Level

Olympic's Avatar


Olympic
02.09.2012 , 08:10 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ImURmaster View Post
You mean like yesterday when I was soloing in Ilum yesterday and my record was 3 wins and ~100 loses....















Was 3-1 when numbers where equal though

Open PvP is almost entirely about numbers.
But you probably do high DPS in war zones.

Delolith's Avatar


Delolith
02.09.2012 , 08:11 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Deshie View Post
Let me guess you want so called "competitive" PvP in ToR that's why you never made the cut in WoW PvP and especially Arena. All of you can hate on WoW but I doubt you have brains or skill to actually reach more than 1.5k rating and that is saying something.
Lol try games like Darkfall which actually needs player skill....then come back here to even use the phrase PvP or make any kind of generalizations like these about people you have no idea about.

On the other hand I believe that SWTOR atm has some specific classes/builds that require the most player skill compared to other theme/carebear MMOs out there (like RIFT, WoW etc).
"As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
"....also the bane of meaningful MMORPG PvP" ~ me

zeroburrito's Avatar


zeroburrito
02.09.2012 , 08:13 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Delolith View Post
Lol try games like Darkfall which actually needs player skill....then come back here to even use the phrase PvP or make any kind of generalizations like these about people you have no idea about.
darkfall has the biggest gear/level gap in the history of pvp games.

HORRIBLE display of skill.

Deshie's Avatar


Deshie
02.09.2012 , 08:13 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Foamslinger View Post
Sounds like this person likes WoW better.
Oh I do indeed like WoW PvP more than Swtor PvP but It doesnt mean I think WoW PvP is the end of end. Now what?
Rahul - Assassin - Kai Khan

Delolith's Avatar


Delolith
02.09.2012 , 08:19 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by zeroburrito View Post
darkfall has the biggest gear/level gap in the history of pvp games.

HORRIBLE display of skill.
No. For the first 4-5 months it didn't
"As instanced dungeons became popular, the whole world of MMORPGs became an entrance lobby to instanced dungeons. In my opinion, today’s MMORPGs are like theme parks – guaranteed fun with limited choices." ~ Jake Song
"....also the bane of meaningful MMORPG PvP" ~ me

Deshie's Avatar


Deshie
02.09.2012 , 08:21 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Silverspar View Post
You know, the OP sounds like he's one of those WoW PvPers, who believe that is a skill based game. But really, this has been a gear based game and people knew that. But honestly, anyone claiming that skill is removed just because they can mash a few buttons doesn't seem to get it. Skill is using tactics, your abilities and so forth smartly. Anytime I see someone preach about the lack of skill in this game because they got yanked into a fire trap or pushed off a ledge I just roll my eyes, because they are one of those people that prefer the herp a derp method of standing toe to toe and trading blows with people.
Nice presumption but however you clearly stating your own demise. Swtor pvp lacks complexness. Just looking at how you post tells me alot about you. If you think fire traps and acid are great. I have no problem with that because it's part of the game so why would I "cry" about it. If you actually read my post you would understand what I said instead of trying project your image of a QQ on me.
Rahul - Assassin - Kai Khan

Deshie's Avatar


Deshie
02.09.2012 , 08:24 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SenatorPalpaTANG View Post
You say this, and play an Assassin? We're all about cooldowns and well timed CC.
Maybe if you are still living life playing 31 deception. Everybody runs tank hybrid spec now days if you havent realised. And it hardly has any coooldowns and it's probably the best 1v1 spec in game.
Rahul - Assassin - Kai Khan

Red_Cruiser's Avatar


Red_Cruiser
02.09.2012 , 08:26 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by SenatorPalpaTANG View Post
You say this, and play an Assassin? We're all about cooldowns and well timed CC.
I'm not sure if trying to game the resolve bar is really what most people find fun about PvP nor should it really be the "upper tier of SWTOR PvP skill".

Foghorn Leghorn says: "I say, I say, that fella is moving again, son...somebody, I mean somebody slap another stun on him!"

It's especially bad as a healer, because all of our defensive abilities were given to tanks. It honestly feels like playing half a class.

SpiffyJr's Avatar


SpiffyJr
02.09.2012 , 08:27 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Deshie View Post
Maybe if you are still living life playing 31 deception. Everybody runs tank hybrid spec now days if you havent realised. And it hardly has any coooldowns and it's probably the best 1v1 spec in game.
Good thing this game is based around 1v1 PvP.

Deshie's Avatar


Deshie
02.09.2012 , 08:28 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Orangerascal View Post
Omg qq me and premade are awesome yo

.
.
.


TBH 90% of arena players are 'scrubs' too. You can easily get to 2300 with the right comp and macros. Until rated warfronts comes out, you can't really judge the pvp in this game.

Even if you so say "90%" of wow arena players are "scrubs" it doesnt change the fact they still better than ToR "scrubs"
Rahul - Assassin - Kai Khan