Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Giving a grace period for STAR WARS: The Old Republic
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Scargonar
12.18.2011 , 09:48 AM | #501
Noob question incoming

What the whole thing about the grace period is about? I plan to get my CE copy on 23 and start playing then. Is there a problem or what?

Tancredy
12.18.2011 , 11:12 AM | #502
Sure, some people think they could lose a few hours of playtime, or rather staying in queue more like it

For me personnally, the grace period works just perfect, since my physical copy is sheduled to arrive on the 21. via air mail from good ol England.

Macheath
12.18.2011 , 01:26 PM | #503
I'm not sure this accomplished anything, BioWare. The people who are in need of a grace period were those who's copy of the game is not due to arrive until the 28th or later. Extending early access to the 22nd doesn't help them.

This only affects players who are going to be getting their copy on the 21st or 22nd, which is a small number of those affected. And those people would have only been without access for a day or two at most. It's the customers who will be without access for a week or more that most desperately needed a grace period, but your system fails all of them. The grace period should have been 1 week.

Second, you say that you "can't" extend the grace period any longer. The word you're looking for is "won't." You can extend the grace period for any length of time, but have chosen not to. I don't appreciate the spin you tried to put on this, it just sounds sleezy when you try to claim that that's the best you could do, like it's somehow beyond your control.

-Macheath.
Remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Pulsuhundur
12.18.2011 , 02:08 PM | #504
Thank you very much, now I'm gonna get locked out of the game.

I won't be getting my copy of the game until after the 25th, according to the retailer, due to international shipping and because it's christmas, so this two day grace period does absolutely nothing to help me.

hodgoes
12.18.2011 , 06:02 PM | #505
Yay!!

Since i should be getting my hard copy on the 21st...

No DOWN TIME!!!

LOVE IT

hm... now back to my dark jedi

Warja
12.18.2011 , 06:46 PM | #506
As an Aussie I had to import a physical copy of the game and pay $15 shipping just to get a key to a game I can download (Origin won't sell us the digital version as the game hasn't been "released" here yet) This is just another kick in the guts. It's almost 2012, you'd think EA would understand the internet by now.

My estimated delivery date is the 3rd of Jan according to Amazon. No SWTOR for me for a fortnight

hodgoes
12.18.2011 , 07:30 PM | #507
Quote: Originally Posted by Warja View Post
As an Aussie I had to import a physical copy of the game and pay $15 shipping just to get a key to a game I can download (Origin won't sell us the digital version as the game hasn't been "released" here yet) This is just another kick in the guts. It's almost 2012, you'd think EA would understand the internet by now.

My estimated delivery date is the 3rd of Jan according to Amazon. No SWTOR for me for a fortnight
I am also a aussie...

As i previously said i am getting my copy of the 21st...

Who did you order your's through?

Shazbozoanate
12.18.2011 , 08:00 PM | #508
The easiest solution is to allow the pre-orders to buy a month of gametime and then when they get their game they can enter in the key at that time. Limit it to one month, that way people with the code who cancelled before getting it just get a month of "grace" they paid for and all of the pre-orders who are not getting their game when they should can not be penalized by a bad distribution system. Sorry if this was posted earlier as a solution, I didn't want to read all the pages of whining and no solutions offered.

Guibs
12.18.2011 , 08:38 PM | #509
This gets my vote. Nothing worst than waiting 35 minutes to log in to get the infamous black screen and get to wait again to log back in. Just horrible.

GdeBrown
12.18.2011 , 09:34 PM | #510
Edit - Never mind