Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation Boss Challenge

Doobyman
02.09.2012 , 02:58 AM | #1
Really, I hope in the next tier ops the bosses will be more challenging. Sure, nightmare is a bit of a challenge now for your average raid guild, but they are simply gear checks.

Gear check fights can be fun sometimes, but whole tiers should not be based around that. I suggest the devs take a look at why Rift and WoW raids are so successful, and how they are built (but don't copy WoW's "have to play with DBM" complexity).

I'd much rather have skill fights, than "I shoot big lasers at you" fights.

Aneurysms
02.09.2012 , 03:19 AM | #2
So what your saying is you expect them to focus the raid content around you and the rest of the hardcore players that want everything hard and a challenge? Not saying i don't like a challenge too but that seems abit selfish to me. You have to consider other players too not just yourself. And Bioware need to look at it from all angles so the content is enjoyable for every type of player.

fujeo-finel
02.09.2012 , 03:22 AM | #3
Anyone who asks for harder content is just stroking their e-peen.

Bladedakoda
02.09.2012 , 03:23 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Doobyman View Post
Really, I hope in the next tier ops the bosses will be more challenging. Sure, nightmare is a bit of a challenge now for your average raid guild, but they are simply gear checks.

Gear check fights can be fun sometimes, but whole tiers should not be based around that. I suggest the devs take a look at why Rift and WoW raids are so successful, and how they are built (but don't copy WoW's "have to play with DBM" complexity).

I'd much rather have skill fights, than "I shoot big lasers at you" fights.
I don't agree, Fl's lost alot of players for wow. They bought in FLR with a easy mode for a reason.

Doobyman
02.09.2012 , 03:31 AM | #5
I am by no means in a great raiding guild that one-shots everything. But I dislike the lack of interesting mechanics is all I am saying.

My post was about the TYPE of challenge, not that challenge didn't exist. Sorry if that was unclear.

And normal is for pugs, whats the point in Nightmare mode if it doesn't cater for people who like to raid and progress?

Bladedakoda
02.09.2012 , 03:37 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Doobyman View Post
I am by no means in a great raiding guild that one-shots everything. But I dislike the lack of interesting mechanics is all I am saying.

My post was about the TYPE of challenge. Sorry if that was unclear.

And normal is for pugs, whats the point in Nightmare mode if it doesn't cater for people who like to raid and progress?
I agree a whole raid of gear check is a bit errrr, hopfully they will make the next one a bit better. All i can think is that they are trying to ease new people who have maybe never played a mmo before into raiding.

Dastey
02.09.2012 , 03:56 AM | #7
I would like the current nightmare modes to be the difficulty of normal modes. Hard modes to be 25-50% harder and nightmare modes to be almost a whole new encounter that is atleast twice as hard as the normal mode.
It just doesnt feel satisfying killing a new boss atm. because you have only used a few hours of progress on them. Bring back the epic feeling of killing a new boss!

Doobyman
02.09.2012 , 04:13 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Bladedakoda View Post
I agree a whole raid of gear check is a bit errrr, hopfully they will make the next one a bit better. All i can think is that they are trying to ease new people who have maybe never played a mmo before into raiding.
Which is what Normal is for. But they should also show that raiding can be rewarding too.

Bladedakoda
02.09.2012 , 04:34 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dastey View Post
I would like the current nightmare modes to be the difficulty of normal modes. Hard modes to be 25-50% harder and nightmare modes to be almost a whole new encounter that is atleast twice as hard as the normal mode.
It just doesnt feel satisfying killing a new boss atm. because you have only used a few hours of progress on them. Bring back the epic feeling of killing a new boss!
Why, so you can feel special in the fact that other people don't get to see the content? I am sure it will look good on your resume, and that people will think you are leet IRL.

Bloodymoon
02.09.2012 , 04:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Bladedakoda View Post
Why, so you can feel special in the fact that other people don't get to see the content? I am sure it will look good on your resume, and that people will think you are leet IRL.
Because it is FUN.

Still, normal mode should stay puggable.
aka Moon