Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tank assassin stats question.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Tank assassin stats question.

Teh_Yopt
02.09.2012 , 02:25 AM | #1
Hello!
I've read several guides on Tankassins (including compendium on this forum), but there is a small point that is still not clear for me. What shall i stack if i have a choice between Endurance and Willpower? Considering other games i played Endurance for tanking is always top priority, because more beef you have the better. But considering Tankassins i've read that "willpower is everything, it is your primary stat!!" and "endurance is not that great, because there are no talents that scale from your endurance or depend on it in any way". So does it mean that i should get item with +20 endurance and + 40 willpower, for example? Or for tanking Endurance is still pretty important, willpower goes right next to it, so i should choose items with +40 enduracne and +20 willpower? I understand how does other (mitigation) stats work, so please do not refer to them. My only problem is between Endurance and Willpower.
Thanks =]

Jasith
02.09.2012 , 03:18 AM | #2
Depends on how much endurance you already have I'd say. Willpower increases your threat generation, Endurance increases your hp pool. Which do you need the most?

Depending on what you're gonna be tanking I'd prioritise endurance until you have a healthy HP pool (17-18k), then pick willpower if your threat is low. Sadly in Columi gear your stats are mostly locked in. You can move enchancements to get rid of the useless accuracy, but still you'll wind up with ~22k HP and a fixed willpower at the end.

Teh_Yopt
02.09.2012 , 04:08 AM | #3
ic, thanks for your thoughts =] im lvl 46 now, so guess i should get to 50 first and try some HM flashpoints to see what will i need more.

Zilod
02.09.2012 , 05:04 AM | #4
for a tank endurance... hp is one of the main focus for a tank and considering that defense and shield doesnt apply to a good portion of attacks, we need a solid buffer.

wp is good for dmg but a tank doesnt really need to max his dmg, as aggro is not a big issue with the taunts we have in swtor