Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

MAC - Pre-Game Download Client??

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SparnY
12.15.2011 , 01:34 PM | #1
Hi, How do i get the download game client on a mac?
I can't run .exe files on a mac....

any ideas anyone? just want to start the download ready for my pre-order on my mac.

Thanks
Tom
SparnY
----------------------------
The Sith Galactic Empire

Redducs
12.15.2011 , 01:38 PM | #2
Unfortunately SWTOR doesn't run on any mac platform.

Just use purchase Vista and partition a Windows drive, like I did.

You'll be up and running after that.

Packetdancer
12.15.2011 , 01:39 PM | #3
There's no Mac OS X version of SWTOR. However, if you have an Intel Mac, you can use Apple's Bootcamp tool to install a copy of Windows as well and run SWTOR on your machine that way. Then you just run the SWTOR_setup.exe like a normal Windows program.

Hope that helps!
Pahke Stardancer (Jedi Sentinel, Save Taris)
Writer, photographer, software engineer, GAMER.

Mckor
12.15.2011 , 01:40 PM | #4
There is not Mac game client. You're going to need Windows, in one form or another, to play the game. The easiest way to do this is to use Bootcamp to set up dual boot, then boot your Mac into Windows to play.

Xaryell
12.15.2011 , 01:41 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings,

In regards to running the client on a Mac, Star Wars: The Old Republic is currently being developed for the personal computer (PC) using the Microsoft Windows operating system.

While we recognize that there are other operating systems and platforms available for games today, at this time our development is specific to personal computers running a Windows operating system.

I hope this answers your question.

Xaryell | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

gidzFM
05.20.2012 , 06:52 AM | #6
thats crapy i think they should make one for make

Master-A
05.20.2012 , 07:52 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by gidzFM View Post
thats crapy i think they should make one for make
Maybe in the future when windows is no more or when gaming in mac is more common
The Progenitor

HackenSlashem
01.15.2013 , 08:16 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaryell View Post
Greetings,

In regards to running the client on a Mac, Star Wars: The Old Republic is currently being developed for the personal computer (PC) using the Microsoft Windows operating system.

While we recognize that there are other operating systems and platforms available for games today, at this time our development is specific to personal computers running a Windows operating system.

This explains why there aren't more sith...we all know MAC users are evil. (Disclaimer...I'm writing this on my MAC)

OwenBrooks
01.15.2013 , 08:26 AM | #9
Oooh Your just Evil .................

mechazirra
06.03.2013 , 08:45 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Xaryell View Post
Greetings,

So this is a 2011 post, and as far as I can tell there still isn't a mac client. (Not trying to complain, just trying to sum up what I understand as it is so far : )

Is there still plans to make a mac client?