Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

NMM Eternity Vault Damage Increased?

Ahraa
02.08.2012 , 08:47 PM | #1
Last week my guild basically strolled through all of Nightmare EV, this week we come in and get to Annihilation Droid XXR-3, and it seems like his missile barrage's have gotten a massive buff.

Anyone notice this?
Mek | Mercenary | Body Guard

Officer of Lithium | The Constant

Brownprobe
02.08.2012 , 08:54 PM | #2
Did you guys used to have a Marauder throw down his 90% accuracy debuff? Cause that doesn't work on bosses anymore.

Ahraa
02.08.2012 , 09:40 PM | #3
We did, but it was not the fact that the bosses missiles were not hitting us before, it's the sheer amount of damage going out now.

Malakriss
02.08.2012 , 09:55 PM | #4
Try not all standing on top of each other and avoid the splash damage?

Iwipe
02.08.2012 , 10:40 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Malakriss View Post
Try not all standing on top of each other and avoid the splash damage?
stack together so you can be in sorc'/sages healing circle range..

LordIske
02.09.2012 , 12:28 AM | #6
It is doing more damage on all difficulty settings. Whether this is a bug or intended I don't know. There was also a rumor of other bugs with EV now such as problems with aggro tables and supposed fixes not actually working etc.

All I know is last night when we did 16 man we got wrecked on the droid. Before he was a breeze on both 8 and 16. Even when we tried on norm mode his missiles were doing 15k+ damage 2 people.

Ghobe
02.09.2012 , 12:40 AM | #7
His damage was a joke on Hard :\ we thought it went down.
Highest Parses: 2304 DPS 2439 DPS 2553 DPS
Ranked: #12 Zorn & Toth Nightmare #21 Writhing Horror Hard
Records updated last: 12/18/12.

jonnybigboy
02.09.2012 , 01:52 AM | #8
Same as above. We wiped once on droid as nobody stepped out when they had that thing on them and as we're a bit melee heavy that was it. So a 2 shot

Ahraa
02.09.2012 , 02:02 PM | #9
We finally decided to do it on HM, at this point gear to us is irrelevant and the only purpose to raiding is for the mount...

After switching it to HM, the damage felt less than a joke, like people were hardly dropping.

I don't know what was going on last night, whether it was that the group as a whole was playing bad, not being able to kill something we have one shot numerous times in the past, or that the damage was more more intense and caught us off-guard.

Either way, Bioware, fix this please.. that or be sure to include in the patch notes that a boss has been buffed..............

PiercerPro
02.09.2012 , 02:12 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahraa View Post
Last week my guild basically strolled through all of Nightmare EV, this week we come in and get to Annihilation Droid XXR-3, and it seems like his missile barrage's have gotten a massive buff.

Anyone notice this?
Are you talking about Missile Barrage (multiple single targets over approx 10-15sec), Salvo (Boss sits down and launches 3-4 missiles as a time at random players for 10-15 sec), Targeted Strike (Single random player targeted, 3 missiles hit them Knock them, and all nearby playersm down/back and leaves a fire dot on them and all other players in nearby range)?

Cause if it's missile Barrage then I'm sorry to say your group is just bad and not moving out of avoidable DMG.

If Your talking about Targeted Strike, then I'm sorry to say again your group is bad and stacking too close together/not having the targeted player move out of the group. A single player hit by this should be no problem for your healers to heal through.

If your talking about Salvo, then you should be using the Turret Pillars to LoS the boss to reduce Raid DMG. If you are having a hard time beating the enrage using this strat have 1-2 Ranged DPS stay out during Salvo and DoT/DPS the boss. If they get low on HP have them move back to cover and have other DPS take their spot. Regardless at roughly 10% he will do another Salvo, for this last one have your entire group stack at the bosses feet and burn the boss down.

Hope this helps.
"A TV can insult your intelligence, but nothing rubs it in like a computer."
Kurn lvl 50 Corruption Sorcerer