Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

6 champ bags, not one piece of gear.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
6 champ bags, not one piece of gear.

Twohit
02.08.2012 , 09:37 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Svensy View Post
Try being a battlemaster.
Precisely. What brilliant mind on their team thought battlemaster bags should contain only champion commendations instead of making it like the other commendation/gear prices? What BM wants more worthless champion commendations?

Karniel
02.08.2012 , 10:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Twohit View Post
Precisely. What brilliant mind on their team thought battlemaster bags should contain only champion commendations instead of making it like the other commendation/gear prices? What BM wants more worthless champion commendations?
Need to gear out all your companions?

JaxinRiens
02.08.2012 , 11:45 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Svensy View Post
Try being a battlemaster.
I've been BM since before 1.1 and I've only got 3 pieces >_>
Though the difference between champ and battlemaster isn't really that bad. (color is better for the bh).

the key here is that in a week you can be in full cent with a few pieces of champion. In 3 weeks you will be in full champion. Then you start the battlemaster grind, however bioware has already stated that in march when ranked warzones come out, battlemaster will be normalized for steady progression.

My guess is they are going to add a new weekly that grants a bag that always contains battlemaster tokens for one piece of gear.

That weekly would be something like "Win 5 Ranked matches".
Jaexin Riens :: Drakenus::Caenen Riens:: Daxcen Riens:ycen Riens::Reyla::Licena::Hark'Feyd'Ruatha::Kirynae Riens
"Those without power seek to gain it, those with power seek to exploit it,those without want of power are dead." Darth Maladus

Shlamorel
02.09.2012 , 01:17 AM | #14
I feel so bad for bioware...

They had gear tokens drop by a Random Number Generator, and they were hated on for it.

They change it to where you control what pieces you get by granting more commendations instead of random tokens, and they get hated on for it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but there is absolutely no way they can please everyone. I agree the change can be seen as frustrating, but they tried to adjust to what many people were complaining about.

With the past system, people complained that someone who puts in a little time could luck up and gear out quickly whereas someone could put in way more time and be screwed due to the nature of the random bags.

Now they get blasted for making the grind longer by making individual tokens drop less often and increasing commendation drops.

I seriously (this isn't directed at anyone, just a general thought) don't know what Bioware could do to please every player.

TiznaraN
02.09.2012 , 01:43 AM | #15
really? this change is great for everyone, I must have opened 75 bags by now and am only 3/5 champ......i got 8 ear pieces and 6 offhands. how do you not understand tokens are a good thing?

kshira
02.09.2012 , 02:13 AM | #16
What they could do is throw out RNG completely. They initiated a system that's a joke to begin with. I love them as a company but hate them as a MMO developer. I stopped playing my 50s for just these reasons. I'm hoping by March they actually fix this system so it makes sense.

Vid-szhite
02.09.2012 , 02:16 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by kshira View Post
What they could do is throw out RNG completely. They initiated a system that's a joke to begin with. I love them as a company but hate them as a MMO developer. I stopped playing my 50s for just these reasons. I'm hoping by March they actually fix this system so it makes sense.
That's pretty much what they did - the RNG is almost nonexistent in Champ gear now. They give you Champ Comms now so you can save up and actually pick the gear you want instead of being handed a random chance at getting 5 offhands.

Hiro_Vitality
02.09.2012 , 02:23 AM | #18
I don't see everyone's problem. I've gotten so much gear, my companions and I are in full BM gear with custom enhancements taken from extra pieces of PvP gear. Giving me a total of over 8 full sets of gear and I'm not even War Hero yet...

I have full dps and tank gear, and it is all super easy to get. After the patch, I've been able to buy 3 more pieces with all the commendations in the two days it's been out...
Czerka Corporation : ninja capping Karma players since day one!

www.Justin.tv/hopebaby !

bobothewizard
02.09.2012 , 04:28 AM | #19
I do have an idea. Change it back the way it was and make the piece that would drop from the bag able to buy any piece not just specific piece. You receive a champion token, go buy a piece of gear.

InquisitorJorus
02.09.2012 , 04:40 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by bobothewizard View Post
I do have an idea. Change it back the way it was and make the piece that would drop from the bag able to buy any piece not just specific piece. You receive a champion token, go buy a piece of gear.
some of us don't have scrub luck and get every pvp item as soon as they hit 50 and open up bags they saved for or get in their first weekly. this bag change is what they should have done since the start.

10 bags with commendations = 1 champion set item. That's almost a guaranteed champion item per week. This entire system is much fairer for fresh 50s and any current 50's who arent battlemaster rank and not fully champion geared.

Just because you were getting lucky doesn't mean everyone was. I know friends of mine who opened over 15-20 bags in a row and nothing but 3 commendations. Now they can do the same and have a minimum of 2 champion set items, and a lot of centurion gear options with the marks they get.

I hope the BM's get similar treatment soon, as it must suck for them if they're not lucky.
Maturity is not having to act your age, but knowing when to.