Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alot people forget that this game is new...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Alot people forget that this game is new...

Ashnazg
02.16.2012 , 04:16 PM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
So passively being dissatisfied and wanting to see the game fail but not actively voicing that in a post is what you meant?
His original point was why bother posting on the forums.

I said: A) you have a right to be pissed off, B) you have a right to want to see the product/company fail as a warning to others in the industry (maybe I should have phrased it differently: e.g. You are RIGHT in wanting to see it fail as a warning to the industry) and c) It benefits new players to have both types of opinion on the forums.

I never said Bioware didn't have the right to censor their forums. I am quite cognizant that it is their private property.
Invisibility Mode - 55 Operative
Invincibility Mode - 31 Powertech
Enraged Mode - 35 Juggernaut

GalacticKegger
02.16.2012 , 04:20 PM | #562
Quote: Originally Posted by Vodalus View Post
What that plan neglects is human emotion and psychology. There is a reason that a craft store will have 100 different colors of paints or sewing thread when 80% of the sales come from white paint or black thread: customer perception. Customers want to feel like they have options and choices, even if they don't exercise those options. If they don't have them, they will go elsewhere. That doesn't show in pure data form gathered within the confines of sales numbers (or in-game metrics).
So true. Just wish adding features to an MMO was as simple as ordering thread in a variety of colors. And GZ (as well as JO) make me a little nervous too.
"I bled protecting The People's right to free speech; thus I reserve the right to make them bleed for abusing it."
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ~ Edmund Burke‎
"There is no instance of a country having benefitted from a prolonged war." ~ Sun Tsu

Vodalus
02.16.2012 , 05:47 PM | #563
Quote: Originally Posted by GalacticKegger View Post
So true. Just wish adding features to an MMO was as simple as ordering thread in a variety of colors. And GZ (as well as JO) make me a little nervous too.
I think it all comes down to poor planning. I know I harp on a few specific examples, but they really do illustrate how backwards things are at BW Austin.

Instead of a working on a search function for the market, the UI team spent time going back and forth with fog-of-war and redesigning the map to have a hex-grid. Frankly, I'd have rather they left the mini-map as it was in July/August (no icon options/toggles) and worked on the market UI. . . or the companions closing windows issue. . . or the overlapping UI parts. . . or, ideally, putting in UI customization- let me move more than just the chat box (which has nowhere to go since nothing else moves) and allow me to scale the UI so it works for my set-up.

But, we got a drop-down (pop-up?) icon toggle list for the mini map, fog-of-war, and a hex grid instead.

(Oh, and what is so hard about having weapons show in the item preview if you have gear showing already? I guess it's just too technical for these professionals.)

They prioritized the icing before the cake.
I'm not a hater, I'm a disillusioned and disappointed fan.
"I spent a good 5 or 10 minutes searching around the preferences because I was sure a feature like this would not have been omitted."- A simple quote that I have seen countless times; This is what is wrong with TOR in my book.