Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Alot people forget that this game is new...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Alot people forget that this game is new...

pursang's Avatar


pursang
02.08.2012 , 06:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by PeacefulViolence View Post
Excuses, This is a 2012 game, it needs to launch with the standard features otherwise why play it? Tera is launching with an LFG tool and a combat log and everything, i'm probably going to switch over to that game because it is going to have everything i want in an MMO right out of the gate.
TERA Online has also been out for more then a year in South Korea.

Just sayin'.
"He who slays monsters must look at himself to make sure he does not become the monster."
- Nietzsche

Kurate's Avatar


Kurate
02.08.2012 , 06:08 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobbergs View Post
People are whining for Dungeon Finders, Damage Meters, Threath meters, Healing Meters, Balanced PVP etc etc. And I understand that, cause I want those things aswell.

BUT stop saying that SW:ToR is a failed game because they don't have all this, while for example WoW does. WoW had NOTHING, and I repeat NOTHING, of this at launch.


So let me give you abit of an insight what was available at WoW's launch.

Dungeon Finder? No, there was a tool similiar to the "Who" tool available in SW:ToR. They improved it by time, and so will also BioWare do.

Balanced PVP? Not even close. Some classes was absolutely unbeatable if played with a sense of skill, while some didn't stand a chance even when mastered. This is actually true. PVP in Vanilla WoW was not balanced at all. Not to mention that it took over a year to actually make things kind of balanced.

Different kind of "meters"? No. Damage meters like Recount are add-ons. An add-on is something you add on to your game, to make it better. Add-ons are created by the community. Combat logs are requierd to make add-ons like these and they aren't available yet in SW:ToR. But, people were fine without all those add-ons in the what some call "the best time" of WoW, the start.

Bugged raids? There was not a large amount of bugs in the raids on start, but why? Because nearly all fights were tank and spank, exept Ragnaros and Onyxia, and these bosses didn't have any really complex mechanics. With today's standard of boss fights, it's alot harder to create completely bug-free fights. As time goes, BioWare will fix this issue aswell.



I'm getting tierd of people making assumptions that WoW had everything it has today at start, because it didn't. It's been improving, and SW:ToR will do aswell. The developers have just completed an awesome game, that really gives you a relation to your character, your companions and people you interact with during the story-line. All this due to the absolutely awesome work with the voices and quests overall.


I could make an list what SW:ToR had from the absolute start, that WoW didn't have, but I'll skip that, since it will take ages. Just think of it..


give me dual spec and i don't give a rats *** if nothing happens in other patches for 3 months
Kurate Level 50 Sniper Terentatek

<pKers>

TheHeadCapper's Avatar


TheHeadCapper
02.08.2012 , 06:08 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Thodra View Post
QFT

compare TOR now with WoW now. WoW launch does not matter at all
Thats a good point and WOW is boring and hasn't been worth subscribing to in 5 years. With the dumbing down of talents it's even worse. I won't even get into pandas.

Comparing the two right now there is no doubt why i am here and not playing wow.
The formula 'two plus two equals five' is not without its attractions

nabrass's Avatar


nabrass
02.08.2012 , 06:09 PM | #14
The 7 years of content that wow has over SWTOR is manly outdated content.

Who runs naxx10/25 in level 80 heroic blues at level 80? Who runs ulduar 10/25 in naxx epics at level 80? hardly anyone, that content is no longer relevant so you can no longer count it when comparing it to SWTOR.

When comparing games you must compare current content and relevant features, in this regards wow wins despite having a much shorter development time.

Dirtybomb's Avatar


Dirtybomb
02.08.2012 , 06:09 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by OtterNation View Post
i like turtles!!!!!!
mmm. turtles wrapped in bacon

Kuriby's Avatar


Kuriby
02.08.2012 , 06:12 PM | #16
WoW/Rift was boring at launch couldn't get past level 30

WoW/Rift more players then SWTOR

SWTOR super addicting, 2 weeks at level 50

SWTOR super boring now

Gives WoW/Rift another try

Realizes SWTOR is years behind.

Unsub SWTOR, sub Rift

Waits patiently for SWTOR in 2 years

Docsis's Avatar


Docsis
02.08.2012 , 06:12 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by PeacefulViolence View Post
Excuses, This is a 2012 game, it needs to launch with the standard features otherwise why play it? Tera is launching with an LFG tool and a combat log and everything, i'm probably going to switch over to that game because it is going to have everything i want in an MMO right out of the gate.
and bugs... don't forget the bugs... or is that a SWTOR exclusive?
My signature will be closed because it is off topic.

FezzikVIzzini's Avatar


FezzikVIzzini
02.08.2012 , 06:12 PM | #18
Sorry but this is all failed logic. Just because a competitor did not have those features when it launched 8 yeatrs ago has no bearing on this game at all.

This game has to be judged against what is available right now - not on what was available all that time ago. The fact that there is no LFG, damage log etc is unacceptable by today's standards. People expect those kind of things to be present.

Sorry to use the tired car analogy but hows this ?

if you bought a new car and it did not have airbags would you be satidfied if the salesman told you not to worry - they would have them soon. And anyway, the main competitot to your car range didn't have them when it launched, had poor brakes and had a tendency to catch fire. Yours has brakes and is relatively fireproof.

No, I didn't think so. Time passes, products get better (or should do)

Yogol's Avatar


Yogol
02.08.2012 , 06:13 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Bobbergs View Post
stop saying that SW:ToR is a failed game because they don't have all this, while for example WoW does
WoW didn't spend 2 years hyping their game... if you hype the game as much as Bioware hyped SWTOR, OFCOURSE people will expect it to, well, work...

Plus... to my knowledge, Bioware gave no indication that they agreed on the points. I may have missed it, but I didn't see a post of a DEV saying, yes, level 50s, we know you are bored, yes, we know you want to find groups, yes, we are working on it.

The only reactions I saw so far was ''you outleveled the others, deal with it'' and ''reroll'.
Yogol. Rebel without a cause. Often without a clue too.
Founder of The Fruitfly Guild, the one-day-beta-guild for one-day-beta-characters.

Evray's Avatar


Evray
02.08.2012 , 06:13 PM | #20
You say: This game is new, heres my long list of excuses as to why they screwed up making a game.

I say: This game has been in development for 4 years, doesn't have extremely basic features, was rushed out the door, and has been out 2 months and has had more patches that BREAK the game than patches that fix it.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.