Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware developers and QA-Dept. Are you awake? Fix your game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Bioware developers and QA-Dept. Are you awake? Fix your game.

JustTed
02.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Axtor View Post
Read my post again, with thought, dear sir.
But as an executive memo:
-its bugged

And i didnt expect a perfect game. But there comes a time when progress needs to be made.
You really need to read this. You have a fantasy view of how software development works.

Axtor
02.08.2012 , 05:53 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JustTed View Post
You really need to read this. You have a fantasy view of how software development works.
Its not a fantasy to want to enjoy content that was released bugged, fixed to be less buggy and fixed again to be more buggy.

CharagonIGN
02.08.2012 , 05:54 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post
sounds like you need to be patient and let the game mature, hence my comment about it only being released for a short time.
So you agree that this game was launched pre-maturely.

Evray
02.08.2012 , 05:57 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by CharagonIGN View Post
This. Bioware has not a clue what there doing. Bunch of rats running in wheels trying to power the engine that is SWTOR, except half the rats are running in a completely different direction, perfectly cutting 50/50 into their work.
I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Lunacy
02.08.2012 , 05:57 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by CharagonIGN View Post
Not at all. Having been a beta tester for many months prior to release, I'm happy to see what the game has become. I'm unhappy to see unrealistic expectations based on a game that is light-years (no pun intended) ahead of previous MMO releases in terms of bugs and software issues.

Ravoss
02.08.2012 , 06:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Axtor View Post
Nice to see some constructive feedback from you sir.
I though i was pretty patient for 4 hours this evening wiping on soa´s missing platforms. But to keep in tone with your comment, have you, as an MMO veteran, not been having any issues on SOA nightmare? Or have you, as an MMO veteran, not done him yet?
Have I done him? No, do I want to? Meh.

My comment is related to your inability to see this as a general MMO issue (Did you raid in WoW?) and something that takes a little bit to fix. I can see you are pissed after 4 hours, so here is a peice of advice, take a break. PvP? Level an Alt?

It was you and your peeps decision to beat your heads against a wall for early content wins. This is the price you pay, you will get no pity from me or Vets like me.
Co-GM of The Argent Legion
Sith Armies - Central Time

Axtor
02.08.2012 , 06:03 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post
Not at all. Having been a beta tester for many months prior to release, I'm happy to see what the game has become. I'm unhappy to see unrealistic expectations based on a game that is light-years (no pun intended) ahead of previous MMO releases in terms of bugs and software issues.
I agree it was a very solid launch.
What i dont agree with is bugged content, that bioware knows is not working, knonws that they have patched it, and with just 30mins internal testing knowing it to be still bugged after patch and the patch after that.

Liljuicester
02.08.2012 , 06:35 PM | #28
Axtor, just so you don't feel like your the only one.

My whole guild has the same point of view you do.

I give it 1 or 2 more weeks until my raiding group falls apart and moves on due to bugs growing so annoying.

As for the guy that said take time and do something else while they fix the bugs (i.e. PVP or level an alt).....First of all PVP in SWTOR right now...ugh do I dare stab my eyes out...and leveling an alt, sure when no one else is on and I'm bored....But the whole reason to level to 50 is to experience end game or "ugh" PVP. Those of us who like to raid with friends are finding it very frustrating.

At the end of the day...Bioware/EA had a fantastic oppurtunity to grab a large market of the MMORPG gamers, with such a large following of Star Wars fans (much like WoW had a large following of Warcraft fans). Needless to say the only thing keeping this game alive is those with hope still left things will get better. When that hope starts to fade so will this game. All we are saying is that hope is fading...fast. Not for 1 or 2 of us, but for a very large population that still play this game.

Gojko
02.08.2012 , 06:42 PM | #29
I am also disappointed with the amount of bugs in this game, i really thought bioware will release stable quality game considering their name and amount of money they invested.

But ok, every mmo start is like this i thought to myself, and was hoping that next month they will remove all most annoying bugs and then started to work on end game boss balancing and bug fixes... but almost 2 months passed and i have feeling they are now fixing lvl 30 stuff that nobody needs, and end game is left unchecked.

This is not the first MMO out there, it shouldnt need 2 years to become playable, especially since everyone knew upfront what are expectations of this game.

I just wish we finally start to see come changes with every patch, and not just to put 10 lines of text, with tabs going to middle of page, triple spacing between every line, double spacing between every word, titles in double the font just so it looks bigger...

M.

todorovh
02.08.2012 , 07:17 PM | #30
I'm a member of Axtor's guild - Singularity, also I used to be employed as a full time QA tester, considering the stuff we've been seeing, Bioware's internal QA are either incredibly stupid, or just non existent. Bugs are both obvious enough and consistent enough to easily be reported and should have been fixed in early testing. We should not be waiting for these sorts of issues to be fixed 8 weeks AFTER release.

Yes I fully understand that MMOs have extremely complicated systems at work, which can generate an incredible amount of random, extremely hard to reproduce issues - this does not apply to the stuff we've been experiencing on a regular basis.

I won't even touch the subject of PVP !!

I'd also like to make another point - this is not some unknown 3rd world country developer, whose employees get paid a cup of rice per week, developing the next WoW clone.

This game combines one of the greatest brands EVER - Star Wars, known world-wide for over 3 decades, with one of the greatest developers - Bioware, which has been consistently delivering great games for over a decade.

How on EARTH did both Lucas and Bioware let this happen, considering they had plenty of cash to spend - $200-300mil. To put that into perspective - Titanic ( the movie ) had a $200mil budget. Avatar - $300mil budget, Grand Theft Auto 4 ( most expensive video game till now ) - $100mil - all 3 of these being large scale projects, employing hundreds ( if not thousands ) of people around the world.

I do very much like the game and I do very much hope that Bioware will find a way to optimize their work flow and provide speedier fixes.