Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make lightsabers or buy them?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Make lightsabers or buy them?

otterscrubber
02.08.2012 , 03:57 PM | #1
I am playing a Jedi Sentinel. Just hit lvl 20, obviously I'm dps so I want to keep up with the jones' to make sure I'm not falling behind on dps. My question is should I work on either learning to make lightsabers (or finding someone I can pay to make them) or can I buy better ones from vendors?. If buy, which are the best ones to buy as you level? PvP? Commendation? Other? I'm finding it hard to determine the best way to stay geared up, the GTN often does not have what I am looking for. Thanks for any advice.
This internet could be a nicer place, let's start here.
Whatever you read in my posts, I actually really like SWTOR

livnthedream
02.08.2012 , 04:06 PM | #2
your best bet for leveling is finding some orange gear/weapons you like and keep the mods/hilts/armoring upgraded. hilts/armoring/barrels determines the level and damage of your gear.

dreamdahon
02.08.2012 , 04:21 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
your best bet for leveling is finding some orange gear/weapons you like and keep the mods/hilts/armoring upgraded. hilts/armoring/barrels determines the level and damage of your gear.
I agree. I would use any orange lightsaber till you hit 50 just keeping the upgrades updated when you can. Besides as far as im aware, the only craftable lightsabers are lvl 48+ but those can be critted on and best you can get till you get to higher raiding stuff

Owsley
02.08.2012 , 04:22 PM | #4
Lightsaber schematics are only available at the highest level Artiface. Artiface will allow you to craft hilts, crystals, and enhancements, all of which you can use to upgrade a moddable lightsaber. You usually get an orange lightsaber as a mission reward. You also can find them on the commendation vendors.

DarthDemens
02.08.2012 , 05:52 PM | #5
pretty much every lightsaber you get as a quest reward (including your starting one from Tython) is fully moddable.

Just keep it updated with commendation items.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

otterscrubber
02.09.2012 , 06:42 PM | #6
Ah, this helps, i did not know you could upgrade the damage of the lightsaber by upgrading the hilt. I though it only upgraded the stat bonuses. Learn something new every day.

I'm assuming armor works the same way?
This internet could be a nicer place, let's start here.
Whatever you read in my posts, I actually really like SWTOR

Lemina_Ausa
02.09.2012 , 07:09 PM | #7
Armoring upgrades the armor value of armors.

Raelstrom
02.09.2012 , 07:25 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDemens View Post
pretty much every lightsaber you get as a quest reward (including your starting one from Tython) is fully moddable.

Just keep it updated with commendation items.
Not true. Many lightsabre rewards are not moddable.

Venator-Falco
02.09.2012 , 07:38 PM | #9
As an Artifice you can keep your Orange lightabres up to the level of the best available all the way up until you hit L50, then Daily quests allow you to get Hilts that are better than what you can craft, and Hard mode or Operation Instances can give you better gear again.
Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape.
What man is a man who does not make the world better.

ScarletBlaze
02.09.2012 , 07:41 PM | #10
You can also get lightsabers from comms that are modable. So there are various ways to get orange lightsabers.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR