Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

Kabeorn
02.09.2012 , 01:48 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
How can i make a guaranteed loss worse? -Please elaborate.

So because im a parent i shouldn't be allowed to play the content i like, when i want?

Or ooh i get it, as long as my kids are my priority i shouldn't queue? So, you're telling me to either prio the game over my kids or wait til they are adults?

Well, thats that then i guess. Ill see you in 17 years or so, once the kids leave the nest. Oh boy, cant wait - must be so much content to do by then!!!
Hey, I'm all for the family first thing, I do it myself. But lets be real here ok. Your kids are your responsibility, not mine. And your kids should not be justification for making my life miserable, just yours. So please, lets not make this about who has kids and who doesn't, because thats just childish. We all accepted the responsibility of having them, and we all accepted the responsibility of raising them. Joe and Fred over there may not have, so dont make them suffer because we did ok.

Time to move on and off the family/kids topic already. Life happens, we each make the bed we sleep in, its ours to bear, on our own. So bear it and stop using it as an excuse or a justification for special treatment.

Mrtomie
02.09.2012 , 01:48 PM | #62
Voting would be abused to non-afkers such as ragers, spammers, baddies.

Perhaps set a limit on how many you can leave per day, I'm sure BW would F it up somehow with the programming. After 5/5 leaves, any leaves after wards will result in losing X amount of Valor (maximum of 2 levels) or get a Valor debuff where they only gain 20% valor instead of 100% for 24 hours.

RedEnsign
02.09.2012 , 01:53 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistercynical View Post
30 minute lockout for deserting. afkers/dcers can suck it up for 20 mins till the debuff ends. worked great in Rift.
You mean how to avoid getting the debuff you just die and stay dead till the timer is almost up then run out, die again, repeat so your team has to play a man or more down with no chance for replacements? Cause that's how you easily avoid the debuff AND screw the team over. As for a vote-kick, bring it on. The first time you don't call out incoming, pass the ball, or fail to fight on the door, you're getting vote kicked. That's how that poor idea will work, I guarentee it.
The gamer in me hates that my boss, Bob I., sold EA the rights to make Star Wars games. The investor in me can retire early though due to Bob's decisions.

-Fenix
02.09.2012 , 02:00 PM | #64
Lol, threads like these are pure comedy. Sadly, I think the OPs are serious.

Twin
02.09.2012 , 02:20 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Kabeorn View Post
Hey, I'm all for the family first thing, I do it myself. But lets be real here ok. Your kids are your responsibility, not mine. And your kids should not be justification for making my life miserable, just yours. So please, lets not make this about who has kids and who doesn't, because thats just childish. We all accepted the responsibility of having them, and we all accepted the responsibility of raising them. Joe and Fred over there may not have, so dont make them suffer because we did ok.

Time to move on and off the family/kids topic already. Life happens, we each make the bed we sleep in, its ours to bear, on our own. So bear it and stop using it as an excuse or a justification for special treatment.
Saying that you "shouldnt queue when you have RL priorities" -And reffering to my kids isnt a legit argument, simple as that. Because that really does mean i shouldnt queue before they are out of the house.

There have been other much better suggestions then preventing ppl to do content. Such a denial of gameplay is contraproductive, which is why im arguing against it.

It all boils down to: If i get punished for leaving a WZ with completly legit reasons, be it kids or any other RL situation - I wont be in this game very long.
Punish those who systematicaly does this, sure - but NOONE else should suffer consequences.
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

CuriousK
02.09.2012 , 03:04 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
Hello

I was wondering if the following system would prevent afk's or quitters in pvp.

Vote kick to prevent afk's.

1. Add a vote kick option. If your team thinks you can't cut it or you are afk, you can be vote kicked. If you are kicked there is no penalty other than having to re-queue. However, you can not be vote-kicked once you reach a certain amount of damage or objectives.

2. You can only initiate a vote kick once per match. You can vote as often as you like.

Quitters

1. A deserter counter is implemented. When your toon is created it is set to zero.

2. Every time you voluntarily leave a match, you increment the deserter counter.

4. Every time you finish a match, you decrement the deserter counter. Your deserter counter can never be set below zero.

5. If your deserter counter is greater than zero, you can not queue for a match.

6. Once a day your deserter counter is decremented.

7. On server reboot, your deserter counter is zeroed.
I can see where you are going with this, and I agree there has to be some penalty to withdrawing from games in order to not saddle one team with a rotating stream of deserters making it virtually impossible to compete, let alone obtain a victory.

Your suggested steps though, I dont believe would have that effect.

1 day ban is ridiculous, make it commessurate with the time they would have to sacrifice being in the game, 15-30 mins is appropriate. As pointed out by another post, its worse for the game if they sit there afk, than if they leave and take the deserter debuff.

My other comment would be this simply addresses the symptoms, and not the problem. (why are they deserting in the first place) a proper matchmaking system, and better class balance for each warzone would make it so that those massive lop sided wins and losses just dont happen. You would immediately see a drop in the deserter rate if the current matchmaking system (is there even such a thing?) didnt make 90% of games a lopsided roflstomp for one side or the other.

The number of games ive played where they were challenging competitions (not where we simply rolled the other side, or were absolutely destroyed) would be 1 in 5 at best in my experience.

Again I can see you want to try and deter deserters and improve the game for those that want to stay in and compete... but these suggested fixes wont accomplish that.

CK

Seriasx
02.09.2012 , 03:09 PM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistercynical View Post
30 minute lockout for deserting. afkers/dcers can suck it up for 20 mins till the debuff ends. worked great in Rift.
Actually they will just log out and do something else.

We don't have 24 hours a day to play video games, eat and sleep.

astrocanis
02.09.2012 , 03:27 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by caultonpos View Post
Are you kidding me.

Deserters get replaced. Deliberate afkers take up a space and do nothing.

Dcers and deserters get 10 min but not if game already started.

Afkers that are vote kicked and do no damage to the opposing team, nor heals get 1 hour ban.
Hmm. I could go with no penalty for deserting but 10-15 minutes for an AFK. The problem is that sometimes RL interferes - wife aggro, for instance. Would you rather that I AFK and not be replaced or that I leave and you get someone in quickly?

I would say DC and Deserters are not penalized. This will open up the queues for those that actively want to play and then a 10-15 minute penalty for AFK will slow those folks down as well.

kirorx
02.09.2012 , 03:58 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Sykomyke View Post
Adding in a deserter counter will only promote afks/derps.

What I mean by that is if you remove the option for people to leave, they'll just sit in some corner or just dance on the goal line with their clothes off. Or worse yet, they'll stand on the ledges and allow Warriors/Powertechs to leap to them making it easier for the other team to score.

I already deal with enough bull in warzones, I don't need anymore.

In short: Your suggestions are trash. NO. NO. Bad player....bad. Don't quit your dayjob and leave the development to the developers.
/THIS i have to agree with.