Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

caultonpos
02.09.2012 , 09:01 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistercynical View Post
30 minute lockout for deserting. afkers/dcers can suck it up for 20 mins till the debuff ends. worked great in Rift.
Are you kidding me.

Deserters get replaced. Deliberate afkers take up a space and do nothing.

Dcers and deserters get 10 min but not if game already started.

Afkers that are vote kicked and do no damage to the opposing team, nor heals get 1 hour ban.

SeptikAydz
02.09.2012 , 09:03 AM | #22
YA.... about that...

I'm sorry, but I will drop any match I want to ... your little "Leavers Stink" is not a valid statement. Premades = Wins, Pugs = Not Wins... Pugging is the worst thing in the world...

Go roll a premade
Da Foo i pity..... yesss....

goxwerd
02.09.2012 , 09:06 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
So, if i have to leave 1 match i get a count on my quit-o-meter -which effectively prevents me from joining a WZ - and the only way i can decrease that value is by...finishing a WZ?

Sounds awesome!

ROFL exactly OP fail there.

He really thought this through

No idea why people overthink it.

15 min deserter counts down while logged off.

ez.

netskink
02.09.2012 , 09:37 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin View Post
So, if i have to leave 1 match i get a count on my quit-o-meter -which effectively prevents me from joining a WZ - and the only way i can decrease that value is by...finishing a WZ?

Sounds awesome!
You jumped to your conclusion.

6. Once a day your deserter counter is decremented.

Mythicrose
02.09.2012 , 09:41 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
Read line number 2 again.
Easy to get around number 2...just restart the router or force TOR to end program from the task manager. I "accidentally" left the game and can get right back in (2 mins for the router rebooting).

netskink
02.09.2012 , 09:41 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by goxwerd View Post
ROFL exactly OP fail there.

He really thought this through

No idea why people overthink it.

15 min deserter counts down while logged off.

ez.
You also did not read the entire thing.

If its only a 15 minute ban, you could easily join a match, if it is not easy mode for you, quit. log to different toon, requeue and repeat. You lose 2 mins per match but grief 7 other players.

Do the ban for the day. Hell, if you want maintain a second counter as a history counter. Your ban is not one day, but 1+your history ban. If you /quit two matches then your timer has a 2 day expiration. 3? then 3days.

Sykomyke
02.09.2012 , 09:53 AM | #27
Adding in a deserter counter will only promote afks/derps.

What I mean by that is if you remove the option for people to leave, they'll just sit in some corner or just dance on the goal line with their clothes off. Or worse yet, they'll stand on the ledges and allow Warriors/Powertechs to leap to them making it easier for the other team to score.

I already deal with enough bull in warzones, I don't need anymore.

In short: Your suggestions are trash. NO. NO. Bad player....bad. Don't quit your dayjob and leave the development to the developers.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."
Sith Empire

Kabeorn
02.09.2012 , 09:57 AM | #28
I like the incrimental counter idea, but not the ban to join thing on it.

Start count at zero, everytime you volunteer to leave a match before it ends, add 1 to the count. Everytime you finish a match drop it by 1 down to 0. BUT....for each point above 0 you lose 1% off all rewards gained in a WZ. So if you volunteer to leave 15 matches and never finish one, you get a 15% reduction in all rewards in every match until you clear your counter.

That gives people the right to leave if they want, but they will pay for it if they abuse that right. And it doesn't stop them from playing and getting thier wins for thier quests, just thier rewards for being a quitter adict. And if they redeem themselves (stay in enough matches to clear thier debuff counter) then they lose nothing again.

Its a penalty that is 100% controlable by the player and allows for the freedom to quit if they wish. If your debuff is too high for you, dont quit for a couple matches until it is acceptable again.

Somalin
02.09.2012 , 10:02 AM | #29
Read line number 2 again.
I'm talking about being perma-knocked down, having the speeders not spawn for you, or just taking too long to load in a warzone already in progress and not having enough time left to get through the door. Basically anything that causes that 1 minute deserter timer to kick you from the game.

Twin
02.09.2012 , 10:37 AM | #30
You jumped to your conclusion.

lol right, so why the heck would you list that "winning a WZ would decrease the count"?

Secondly: You seriously think i should be excluded from the -only- content i do ingame for potentially 24h, just because i have kids that can wake up and need attention every now and then?

I guess your gameplay is more important then mine huh?
TWINMOON
"Click my -Referral Link- below for some helpful rewards
http://www.swtor.com/r/kBLBlJ
Reward Info: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends