Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

netskink
02.09.2012 , 07:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbican View Post
You know what we did with vote kicks in WOW, in addition to kicking afk players, guildies (premades) would vote kick people right before the game ended to piss them off, if they were under-geared, or for general buffoonery.
You would be immune if you had met a certain level of objective or damage points. I thought of that and put it in the comments.

SintLuciferNL
02.09.2012 , 07:56 AM | #12
But with the voting you get the option that some people don't vote. (Don't know why but they won't be bothert).

Just let the system see if a player is doing something. (damage, healing, taking damage, objective).

Oktaine
02.09.2012 , 08:00 AM | #13
On one hand I'm sick of people quitting as soon as we fall behind. On the other I'm like "good, go, maybe we'll get someone better who actually cares".
Oktaine - Shadow
Krockett - Scrapper
Jedi Covenant

xaven_
02.09.2012 , 08:04 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by joeypesci View Post
Should be no penalty for leaving a warzone. It's a choice. If people are disconnected or crash then they'd be hit too.
It's a choice to enter a warzone, no must. But if you actively "click" leave, you should be penalized.

Leaving by crashing is not leaving by button, so pure technical it's easy to identify cowards from crashers / disconnects.

kirorx
02.09.2012 , 08:10 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhazesx View Post
You might kick my *** but I'm not going to let you R Kelly me for 10 minutes so you can boost your epeen.
/lol. nice

kirorx
02.09.2012 , 08:11 AM | #16
I SAY NOPE. I drop out of huttball more often than not as soon as hear "take it away baron deathmark"

Ruuprect
02.09.2012 , 08:23 AM | #17
I would love a vote kick/leader kick option with no limit on it. Mostly for AFK'rs, but for other reasons as well.

Twin
02.09.2012 , 08:23 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by netskink View Post
Hello

1. A deserter counter is implemented. When your toon is created it is set to zero.

2. Every time you voluntarily leave a match, you increment the deserter counter.

4. Every time you finish a match, you decrement the deserter counter. Your deserter counter can never be set below zero.

5. If your deserter counter is greater than zero, you can not queue for a match.

6. Once a day your deserter counter is decremented.

7. On server reboot, your deserter counter is zeroed.
So, if i have to leave 1 match i get a count on my quit-o-meter -which effectively prevents me from joining a WZ - and the only way i can decrease that value is by...finishing a WZ?

Sounds awesome!
SKARECROW
The Crestfallen Legacy
Assassin | Sorcerer | Marauder | Sniper | Mercenary
"You should never trust quotes you read on the internet" Abraham Lincoln

Ruuprect
02.09.2012 , 08:45 AM | #19
PLEEEEEASE, give us /votekick!!!!!!

SirJoeStairs
02.09.2012 , 08:55 AM | #20
just 15 minutes of deserter buff will be enought!

no Joining WZ for 15 minutes.

No great changes are needed and it is not necessary to add VERY BIG punishiments..

Just 15 minutes will be enought

BUT DO IT!