Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Poll: Would this prevent afk's or quitters?

netskink
02.08.2012 , 01:42 PM | #1
Hello

I was wondering if the following system would prevent afk's or quitters in pvp.

Vote kick to prevent afk's.

1. Add a vote kick option. If your team thinks you can't cut it or you are afk, you can be vote kicked. If you are kicked there is no penalty other than having to re-queue. However, you can not be vote-kicked once you reach a certain amount of damage or objectives.

2. You can only initiate a vote kick once per match. You can vote as often as you like.

Quitters

1. A deserter counter is implemented. When your toon is created it is set to zero.

2. Every time you voluntarily leave a match, you increment the deserter counter.

4. Every time you finish a match, you decrement the deserter counter. Your deserter counter can never be set below zero.

5. If your deserter counter is greater than zero, you can not queue for a match.

6. Once a day your deserter counter is decremented.

7. On server reboot, your deserter counter is zeroed.

Somalin
02.08.2012 , 01:49 PM | #2
So basically if you get one of the various bugs that results in you getting kicked out of the warzone you're not allowed to play another one for the rest of the day? Sounds awesome.

joeypesci
02.08.2012 , 02:05 PM | #3
Should be no penalty for leaving a warzone. It's a choice. If people are disconnected or crash then they'd be hit too. It's the same old rubbish that happened on SWG where there were to high penalties for dying in PvP which meant I never bothered to PvP because it wasn't fun. Grinding a Jedi for hours only to lose loads of XP because you die isn't fun.

Grubfist
02.08.2012 , 02:08 PM | #4
Premades would coerce people into playing games their way.

sumfizz
02.08.2012 , 02:11 PM | #5
Nope.

Any group vote option concerning one player would be abused. All it takes is one brat to spot somebody who offended him in general chat to abuse the vote option as revenge.

Rhazesx
02.08.2012 , 02:13 PM | #6
Nothing will stop me from leaving a warzone where its 5-0 with 10+ minutes left and the premade has no intention of scoring that last point until 15 secs is on the clock. You might kick my *** but I'm not going to let you R Kelly me for 10 minutes so you can boost your epeen.

Mistercynical
02.08.2012 , 06:55 PM | #7
30 minute lockout for deserting. afkers/dcers can suck it up for 20 mins till the debuff ends. worked great in Rift.

Rabbican
02.08.2012 , 07:45 PM | #8
You know what we did with vote kicks in WOW, in addition to kicking afk players, guildies (premades) would vote kick people right before the game ended to piss them off, if they were under-geared, or for general buffoonery.
Shards of Alderaan, Helm of Graush, 50 Jedi Sage: Deceiver
Operation Latte Thunder, Helm of Graush, 50 Operative: Watcher

wiggs
02.08.2012 , 07:54 PM | #9
rift had a report afk toggle and you couldn't reenter a warzone for 20 minutes(i think) if you left one.

Easy.

netskink
02.09.2012 , 07:51 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Somalin View Post
So basically if you get one of the various bugs that results in you getting kicked out of the warzone you're not allowed to play another one for the rest of the day? Sounds awesome.
Read line number 2 again.