Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware please CHANGE the WZ medal system.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Bioware please CHANGE the WZ medal system.

Patrickgf
02.08.2012 , 01:26 PM | #11
Agree .... this is like the 10,000th post on this I'm pretty sure its on every single page of the pvp forum. BW should have taken notice by now. Til they do I will continue my support for the cause.

nophere
02.08.2012 , 01:26 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Internicio View Post
for this reason a lot of people will vote for healers for mvp
if I see a useful healer (and not just one dmging and healing himself) he gets my mvp vote
I also vote heals for the MVP but heals still get the shaft pretty hard.

nophere
02.08.2012 , 01:28 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Patrickgf View Post
Agree .... this is like the 10,000th post on this I'm pretty sure its on every single page of the pvp forum. BW should have taken notice by now. Til they do I will continue my support for the cause.
Ahh I have not seen it before or I would have just bumped an older thread with my thoughts.

My bad.

iLLaDeLpHLife
02.08.2012 , 01:33 PM | #14
Good players get medals and win objectives. The system works fine

Why are you all so concerned about what the next man is doing.

nophere
02.08.2012 , 01:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by iLLaDeLpHLife View Post
Good players get medals and win objectives. The system works fine

Why are you all so concerned about what the next man is doing.
Because the WZ's are only 8 people deep and every person makes a big difference for the TEAM.

And obviously if there has been threads and threads about this very issue the system does not work fine.

threas
02.08.2012 , 02:14 PM | #16
The medal system works fine in voidstar and alderaan because the fighting usually takes place were you need to be anyways, yes sometimes you get unlucky and your door or your canon gets completely ignored but that is not often the case. In Huttball though focusing on medals is completely detrimental to your team, you can't even make the medals huttball oriented because that would lead to selfish play (pass the ball? hell no i get a medal for scoring, etc).

nophere
02.10.2012 , 06:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by threas View Post
The medal system works fine in voidstar and alderaan because the fighting usually takes place were you need to be anyways, yes sometimes you get unlucky and your door or your canon gets completely ignored but that is not often the case. In Huttball though focusing on medals is completely detrimental to your team, you can't even make the medals huttball oriented because that would lead to selfish play (pass the ball? hell no i get a medal for scoring, etc).
it does not work fine in any WZ. People still chase people all the way across the map in alderaan trying to kill fleeing enemies when they are are the only 1's on the turret only to have someone sneak in from behind to cap it. In Voidstar they are fighting on bridges instead of watching doors. Hell half the time there is 2 whole teams on the same door and nobody watching it at all.

formulaic
02.10.2012 , 06:27 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by threas View Post
The medal system is mostly fine - it's a decent counter to someone AFKing their way through a match. The 'players running off' problem has a little to do with medals, instead it's mostly due to boring guard duty.

I would suggest:
- cap the number of medals (or the rewards from those medals).
e.g. >6 medals, and you'd only get 6 medals. So you aren't playing to game the system.
- award medals in huttball more logically. (damaging the ball carrier, carrying or being near the ball carrier etc).
- award "turret defender medals" if <=2 players are defending a turret. Leave the existing medals for turret defense in.
- look at providing another map-specific stat or 2 for MVP voting. e.g. "length of time guarding a turret with <=2 players" on alderaan, distance ball carried, carrier 'sacks', bombs planted, plants/bridges interrupted or disarmed.

RobyBaggio
02.10.2012 , 06:45 AM | #19
Agree, but not enough and nor do the relevant people care.

They lost 15% subscribers in the first month. Will see what happens in the next few months.

nophere
02.10.2012 , 07:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by RobyBaggio View Post
Agree, but not enough and nor do the relevant people care.

They lost 15% subscribers in the first month. Will see what happens in the next few months.
LOL they lost a lot more than that. I have no "facts" but Im going to say as of now its around 50%.