Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaon Under Siege FYI


Lightsabeer's Avatar


Lightsabeer
02.08.2012 , 11:52 AM | #1
1.1.2
Kaon Under Siege
•Infected Mercenaries can no longer permanently stun players.

I think they may have left a few notes out cause im 99% sure some of the boss fights changed.. Beware!

While on hte subject...
Are the adds on the bonus boss supposed to be as insane as they are or possibly bugged? Our guild groups can kill the first wave of 3 but the second wave always wipes us. We are able to drop the boss before we die but we expect to die now with second wave of adds.
Of The Guild Fusion

Server Prophecy of the Five

Invictusthetaru's Avatar


Invictusthetaru
02.08.2012 , 11:53 AM | #2
The bonus boss fight is ridiculous. They are strong mobs that hit like champions.

tuckwd's Avatar


tuckwd
02.08.2012 , 12:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Lightsabeer View Post
1.1.2
Kaon Under Siege
•Infected Mercenaries can no longer permanently stun players.

I think they may have left a few notes out cause im 99% sure some of the boss fights changed.. Beware!

While on hte subject...
Are the adds on the bonus boss supposed to be as insane as they are or possibly bugged? Our guild groups can kill the first wave of 3 but the second wave always wipes us. We are able to drop the boss before we die but we expect to die now with second wave of adds.
drag the boss back to the area next to the first boss area. the turrets will help you dps him down and you will kill him before the adds get there. however, 2 waves of adds will come and wipe you but you will still down boss and be able to loot.

Wootle's Avatar


Wootle
02.08.2012 , 12:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by tuckwd View Post
drag the boss back to the area next to the first boss area. the turrets will help you dps him down and you will kill him before the adds get there. however, 2 waves of adds will come and wipe you but you will still down boss and be able to loot.
Or don't bother doing any of this and just CC the adds. You can even leave the last two of spawn two CC'd while you go back to and kill the boss.

Kamikaze's Avatar


Kamikaze
02.08.2012 , 12:45 PM | #5
CC two of the adds, slow the third. Kite it, kill it, and repeat.
----------JurMajesty----------
Jedi Guardian
Prophecy of the Five

Nessirin's Avatar


Nessirin
02.08.2012 , 01:12 PM | #6
I always bring 2 cc's to that dungeon (Not even on purpose 99% of the time, because a lot of classes have droid cc). Every time he casts the pulse, everyone pulls back to the sandbags, cc 2 adds, tank picks up the one that isn't cc'd, you burst it down, tank goes back to boss. Dps then pick the adds off one by one using cooldowns and stuns.

Its an easy boss. You just need coordination.

Hansuki's Avatar


Hansuki
02.08.2012 , 01:23 PM | #7
The real question is, why do Kaon at all?


No loot drops there exclusively

Nessirin's Avatar


Nessirin
02.08.2012 , 01:31 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hansuki View Post
The real question is, why do Kaon at all?


No loot drops there exclusively
Double chance at the helmet for those who don't have it, and one of the more entertaining flashpoint stories?

Hansuki's Avatar


Hansuki
02.08.2012 , 01:39 PM | #9
I did it twice when it came out for the story. headgear drops in foundry too (much better story there if you're into that)

ryuukhang's Avatar


ryuukhang
02.08.2012 , 01:42 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Hansuki View Post
I did it twice when it came out for the story. headgear drops in foundry too (much better story there if you're into that)
Headgear doesn't drop in Foundry (at least not the Columi token). Foundry drops Columi boots tokens. The only other place to get the Columi headgear is in Karagga's Palace.