Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Team Death Match?


Mcleavestein's Avatar


Mcleavestein
02.08.2012 , 11:18 AM | #1
How about a team death match warzone? From everything I've see, that is what players tend to do in Warzones anyway. So instead of fighting it, why not embrace it with a Warzone who's objective is simply to kill the other team faster than they kill you? The only game I have seen with anything like this is Guild Wars, and it was awesome.

10v10. Start with a ticket of 60 for each team. Every kill takes one off the ticket. Whichever team hits 0 first loses, with a 15 minute time limit. Highest score wins if time runs out.

Fun easy system.

Mcleavestein's Avatar


Mcleavestein
02.08.2012 , 03:51 PM | #2
Really? No interest at all? .... bump....

Tattum's Avatar


Tattum
02.08.2012 , 06:46 PM | #3
i`ve been thinking about simmilar thing..

like that idea..
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
BW doesn't listen to their community at all and they pretty much never interact with the community on their forums...

maradigamer's Avatar


maradigamer
02.08.2012 , 06:48 PM | #4
I wish they would do one in hopes that people would get their fill of it, then play the other warzones to win instead of to farm.

Laoi's Avatar


Laoi
02.08.2012 , 06:52 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mcleavestein View Post
How about a team death match warzone? From everything I've see, that is what players tend to do in Warzones anyway. So instead of fighting it, why not embrace it with a Warzone who's objective is simply to kill the other team faster than they kill you? The only game I have seen with anything like this is Guild Wars, and it was awesome.

10v10. Start with a ticket of 60 for each team. Every kill takes one off the ticket. Whichever team hits 0 first loses, with a 15 minute time limit. Highest score wins if time runs out.

Fun easy system.
thats how it should have been from the start. infact screw all this objective based roleplay ********. thats not pvp. pvp = 2 teams kill each other, nothing else.

also make it 4v4 or 8v8 max and make it a smart system that puts 1 healer 1 tank 2 dps in each team. or double of each incase of 8v8.

wait what, that would make the game competitive!. means a noob might die in the process and come to the forum to cry. cant let that happen ofc!

so we will never get it :<

longgrassgrows's Avatar


longgrassgrows
02.08.2012 , 06:53 PM | #6
i like it...but Dps would own and tanks would have very little use
My beats your

DrekorSilverfang's Avatar


DrekorSilverfang
02.08.2012 , 06:57 PM | #7
TDM would kill every other WZ because people would only play it(or keep leaving the others if you couldn't choose).

CandiceAurora's Avatar


CandiceAurora
02.08.2012 , 07:00 PM | #8
I like the idea - would be nice if it operated like Huttball in the sense that we could have Republic verses Republic, etc, if needed. Although, I'd have to insist on a quitter penalty, it drives me nuts to see folks bail on teams just because they're losing, and I think for a death match this could be made much worse. Good idea though, especially given folks do this already in warzones. Objectives? What objectives?

Quote: Originally Posted by lazerpewbang View Post
PVP IS A FAIL IN THIS GAME THAT IS WHY THEY LOST 900k SUB atm and are left with ONLY 465k
Pulling numbers out of no where without substantiated evidence?

- { T o s c he S t a t i o n P o w e r C o } -
{ Helleraine | Hellaine | Hellaina }

Mcleavestein's Avatar


Mcleavestein
02.09.2012 , 11:09 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by longgrassgrows View Post
i like it...but Dps would own and tanks would have very little use
I disagree. Tanks and healers would stay the most important, because it doesn't just matter if you kill the other team. You have to live yourself or your ticket goes down. A tank with guard on the healer, and taunts, would be EXTREMELY useful for keeping a team alive.

Delavager's Avatar


Delavager
02.09.2012 , 11:17 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DrekorSilverfang View Post
TDM would kill every other WZ because people would only play it(or keep leaving the others if you couldn't choose).
This. I think a deathmatch warzone would be great, but this would be the consequence.

Quote:
i like it...but Dps would own and tanks would have very little use
False. Tanks/Healers would own for sure.