Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

FrostyDroid
02.09.2012 , 03:12 AM | #961
Quote: Originally Posted by Dratten View Post
Seriously? Bioware? Really? You cannot copy your existing lvl 50 to the testserver?
Character copying is notoriously difficult to implement, since it requires access to highly secured data. I don't know ANY MMO that has had this feature at launch.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

FrostyDroid
02.09.2012 , 03:14 AM | #962
Quote: Originally Posted by vandana_ View Post
I don't recall any subjective opinion against cooldown displays as they looked like pre 1.1 at release.
You obviously didn't read the forum then.

Now, IMO, this is developers trying to be TOO responsive to the forums.

During testing, people asked for customisation, but apart from that where largely content with the action bar icons. But when the game whent live there was some extremely vocal complaining on the forum (which you obviously missed). The devs responded by rushing out and making knee-jerk changes.
Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgZoeller View Post
It's incredible because it is not true.
As for expectations, we've always said that are not making another Star Wars sandbox, we are creating a different game.
I quote Zoeller now. Zoeller quotes are cool.

Natrab
02.09.2012 , 03:14 AM | #963
Why don't they make CD effect same as http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/omni-cc ?

Tempuro
02.09.2012 , 03:14 AM | #964
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Hey everyone, thank you to all of you who gave constructive feedback here. We've closed the poll as we feel we have a good indication of your opinions. As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share.

Possibly more than any part of the game, UI is a very subjective topic, so we understand the varied opinions expressed here. The long-term aim for The Old Republic is to give players flexibility in their UI choices and the changes coming for Game Update 1.2 will allow for more of that.

I wanted to also address concerns about the Public Test Server. We're working towards enabling character transfers so you can move your own character across and test new patches. Other ideas to allow the testing of high-level content have been explored, but ultimately character transfer is what we want to allow for everyone.
hi stephen,

Maybe an opacity scaling bar in the pref menu would be an idea? then everyone could set the opacity of the effect themselves from '0' (i.e. similar to the old effect) to '1' (the new effect).

gr
IRA DEORUM is looking for allies for raid flexibility, partnering and plain old fun! Requirements: small guild, imperial, serious focus on end content and willing!

jediiceman
02.09.2012 , 03:14 AM | #965
Not that I got to vote which is silly since patch with these changes only went live 2 days ago but my vote is the changes sucked and I hate them!

Concession
02.09.2012 , 03:17 AM | #966
didn't get to vote: Option #3
I Support: SCPS, Sandbox, Community, Elitest Jurks, MMOers.
I HATE: Kotor fanbois, Single player gamers, Carebears, and kids.
CE VIP

Kelzyne
02.09.2012 , 03:18 AM | #967
Quote: Originally Posted by FrostyDroid View Post
Character copying is notoriously difficult to implement, since it requires access to highly secured data. I don't know ANY MMO that has had this feature at launch.
yup! now if i am not mistaking, this requires an additional dedicated server on a massive multiple raid array (to backup and deploy in real time) just for this alone. not that they dont have the budget..... but it is a huge undertaking. imagine double-ing everybody's characters across every server..
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.2GHz / 8GB / ATI 6950 / Hyper X SSD / GB 990FXA

Kelzyne
02.09.2012 , 03:20 AM | #968
Quote: Originally Posted by Tempuro View Post
hi stephen,

Maybe an opacity scaling bar in the pref menu would be an idea? then everyone could set the opacity of the effect themselves from '0' (i.e. similar to the old effect) to '1' (the new effect).

gr
im starting to wonder if these replies are scripted... i have read this reply before.....just someone else signed it..........lol
Phenom II x4 955 BE @ 4.2GHz / 8GB / ATI 6950 / Hyper X SSD / GB 990FXA

Takatin
02.09.2012 , 03:20 AM | #969
Ok, let me say my thing now.

I had issues with original UI cooldowns, but I got used to it and had no problems.
Then they implemented 1.1 - at first I was really glad, a bit later noticed some problems with skills that are nearly off cooldown, but nevertheless, I got used to it too and was perfectly fine.
Now 1.1.2 and once again new cooldown UI. At first it was chaos, I couldn't see a thing, in a couple of minutes I got used to it and now quite like how it's done. But still it is obvious that it will be changed again.

Now to get to my point: for the love of all that is holy, STOP CHANGING IT. Just pick one, any one of your UIs and stick with it. I don't mind a non-perfect UI, but please, please stop changing it every week making me(and other people) go through the process of adapting to something new. It really upsets me.
Take my launch, take my name
Take me where I cannot pay
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take KoTOR from me

emonas
02.09.2012 , 03:25 AM | #970
I have never seen a developer or what not just willy nilly change UI experience on a whim such as Bioware is doing.

I was not able to vote on the poll as it locked way way too fast, however I prefer the current iteration more than any previous.

The main issue is, UI experience will be different depending on the user, hence UI addons being so successful in other games.

Bioware.. no matter what you do.. half or more of your population will be unhappy with the design choice you make. Allow customization or you will be doing this keystone cop routine forever.