Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

Nitewolfe
02.08.2012 , 12:27 PM | #81
The new cool down light show is causing some of us physical discomfort. I personally have to take IBU's after a hour of game play to stop the headaches.

Svettly
02.08.2012 , 12:27 PM | #82
I'm not sure where people get the headaches but everyone is different. I am sure you guys will put in an option for people to set it how they like in the future. At least that is the smart thing to do. Just make a slider for people to set how bright it is to them and that complaint is solved. Then just add another color to indicate if the skill will actually be usable after the GCD is done.

I like the look with the setting I have. I would just like a red overlay or something on skills that have not procced yet.

DarthWarrior
02.08.2012 , 12:28 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by zandadoum View Post
bioware, stop wasting resources on TRYING to make a good UI. you'll never make everyone happy.

implement player made addons. end of story.
Yep.........

Duffz
02.08.2012 , 12:28 PM | #84
Is this a joke BW? You broke the ability bar for classes using rage / focus and now you're starting a poll if we like it? This is the best thing you came up in 24 hours?

No I don't like the changes, because GCD is being treated the same as CD. I can't look at an ability and tell if i can use it once the GCD is up. Don't darken the Ability Icons on GCD and 80 percent of the crowd is happy again.

Yndras
02.08.2012 , 12:28 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
I'll have to go for "terrible", but I'd rather vote between that and good.

The change seems very heavy-handed with fat inelegant borders around the icons, and it introduces a LOT of visual noise to the UI, with a good bunch of elements starting for flash a lot. In comparison, cooldown indicators in other games manage to convey the same or more information without basically flashing the entire screen, so go forth and ste^W be inspired!

In the long run, maybe experiment with a more visible, optional, and click-through global indicator centered around the PC, showing global cooldown and times for some important cooldown groups (medipacks!) around the character. A quick net search shows the WoW addon IceHUD as an example, but maybe not quite as annoying and limited to CD and maybe health. (The really popping and annoying UI elements can be left as an exercise to the modders once customisation is in place.) To be useful and have acceptance this will need at least the customisation facilities shown in the last video so players can move it around, resize it, and change opacity.
Have you played wow lately? It's the same thing in swtor. They have always flashed, they added a white border to highlight it.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Vlacke
02.08.2012 , 12:28 PM | #86
I voted that it's good, i personally have no issues with it.

Scar
02.08.2012 , 12:28 PM | #87
Quote: Originally Posted by MercArcher View Post
For cooldowns - Like it

For GCD - Hate it
Hate is a strong word. I would prefer something less ostentatious, but sort of captures the feeling I have about it.

British
02.08.2012 , 12:28 PM | #88
It's gone from being a little anoying to ridiculous! I really just pressed anything last night as I had no idea what was on cooldown

Sholagar
02.08.2012 , 12:29 PM | #89
So I guess they didn't bother reading through any of the 1000s of posts about why this UI is so bad.....

gryhmr
02.08.2012 , 12:29 PM | #90
The new Ui makes me dizzy and the game unplayable.