Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

EvilGoodOne
02.08.2012 , 06:11 PM | #761
Great, so ui fix will come out next month? Oh wow, my payment for this month just went down the toilet since i can't play with this strobe nonsense.
A rocket launcher gives me all the spiritual peace I need.

Dionan
02.08.2012 , 06:12 PM | #762
For a sentinel, this is bad, horribly bad. I just did my first WZ since patch and paid special attention to the bars - there were times when the ability was definitely available and up, and it was black on the bar. So it's unintuitive and also broken.

It's so bad, even though I have a full night of freedom from kids/work, I'm turning off the game and going to do something else.

Xneco
02.08.2012 , 06:14 PM | #763
Missed the Poll.. but you can add me to the "it is terrible" column...

plateaux
02.08.2012 , 06:16 PM | #764
This isn't complicated. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Look at other games that haven't mucked this up, and copy them.

Lakhesis
02.08.2012 , 06:19 PM | #765
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share..
Considering you're prepared to run a hotfix and maintenance when world pvpers in one zone aren't getting kill credit, I hope you're taking an issue that's actually making the game unplayable for some of us more seriously & have a similar timeframe for repairs in mind.

Oh, and you shut the poll before I could vote. "It's terrible" btw.

ToliverGrey
02.08.2012 , 06:22 PM | #766
Quote: Originally Posted by Lakhesis View Post
Considering you're prepared to run a hotfix and maintenance when world pvpers in one zone aren't getting kill credit, I hope you're taking an issue that's actually making the game unplayable for some of us more seriously & have a similar timeframe for repairs in mind.
Bioware's priorities:

A tiny % of players aren't getting full credit for Ilum kills.
ZOMG!!! Panic!!! Bring down the servers immediately and deploy an emergency fix!!!!

A significant chunk of players cannot play without getting a migrane, nausea, and/or vomiting.
Yawn. We'll fix it whenever. No big deal.

AfroZ
02.08.2012 , 06:23 PM | #767
It's fine. Stop messing with it.

(And I told my friends I would never post in the forum. LOL)
---
Afro Z

Duffz
02.08.2012 , 06:23 PM | #768
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share.
Thanks for the answer stephen, but is this really all you can tell us after 48 Hours? Can you please be a little more specific?

Will you change the animation, so that GCD and CD are treated different again? It's nearly game breaking for Rage / Focus etc classes to be unable to tell what abilities will be available when GCD finishes.

Will you change the animation, so people aren't suffering from a headache anymore? I'm personally not affected by this issue, but any health problems should be a top priority.

Do we really have do wait until 1.2, or are you planning a patch before march?

Thesseract
02.08.2012 , 06:24 PM | #769
Quote: Originally Posted by Lakhesis View Post
^This

Wasbeer
02.08.2012 , 06:28 PM | #770
Instead of outlining all the abilities that are on global cooldown try outlining the abilities that aren't on cooldown. :P