Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

LarryRow
02.08.2012 , 05:34 PM | #731
I am not a fan of the new cooldown animations. It doesn't braek the game for me but I feel it is significantly harder to play, especially for sith warrior / jedi knight characters for reasons stated above. Here are some solutions, Bioware, just for you:

1. Give players some options for customizing the look. At the very least, let us choose between original, second try, and current incarnation.

2. Separate(!) the GCD from the rest of the noise. How about a 1.5 second gray clockwork animation around your character portrait? How about a small bar that slides across above the center quickslot? Not sure why you layered gcd over ability cd. In the same direction!

2.a. Have you tried a vertical left to right wipe for the gcd and keeping the horizontal top to bottom wipe for the regular cd?

3. Abilities should only be gray when needed conditions (range, resources, lucidity, position, etc) are not met. Otherwise they should be lit up with the horizontal ability cooldown wipe, if applicable. The GCD should be somewhere else or look different.

4. Yes, I understand there are some abilities that do not respect the GCD. They need a badge or other indicator (similar to stealth, guard, etc) that indicate at a quick glance they can be used at any time.

I understand there is a lot of information to convey every 1.5 seconds of combat. I also know parsing all the suggestions and coming up with a plan will be difficult. I only ask that the solution is available asap, provides no ambiguity to the player, and has some degree of customization. Thanks!

DarthKeredias
02.08.2012 , 05:35 PM | #732
So they closed the poll, does that mean they got the point that we need a UI hotfix and fast? lol.

O-Deka-K
02.08.2012 , 05:35 PM | #733
My opinion, which I've stated before, is to simply:

Separate the GCD animation from the CD animation

The flashing wouldn't be so bad if it only applied to regular CDs. After all, you'll probably only have 1 or 2 abilities finishing CD at the same time. Seeing it flash after every 1.5 second GCD is a bit ridiculous, especially since the ability queue window lets us queue up the next ability up to 1 second BEFORE it flashes.

Thesseract
02.08.2012 , 05:38 PM | #734
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKeredias View Post
So they closed the poll, does that mean they got the point that we need a UI hotfix and fast? lol.
They'll probably now start a new poll to see if we should use the results of this poll.

DarthKeredias
02.08.2012 , 05:40 PM | #735
Quote: Originally Posted by Thesseract View Post
They'll probably now start a new poll to see if we should use the results of this poll.
Or maybe they'll make a poll addressing the poll asking whether or not we like polls.

Rustid
02.08.2012 , 05:44 PM | #736
This is the first post I have made to the forum and that is because the new GCD effect makes me feel sick after playing for roughly 30min. The only other videogame to do this to me was Battlefield 1 + 2: Bad Company due to the ratio of the size of weapons vs the size of characters on the screen. I hope they fix it soon as I have to stop after 45min - 1 hour of gameplay.

DarthDemens
02.08.2012 , 05:45 PM | #737
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
Changes are definitely going to be made to the UI in response to initial feedback we received after the patch was deployed. (Very little feedback was received on the PTS Forum before the patch was deployed to the live servers, otherwise changes may have been made before the patch's deployment.)
I'd be more than happy to help test patches, but I'm not going to spend half of my play time leveling a character on the PTS just to do it.

If you want us to use the PTS, we need a premade or a character copy.

It simply will not get tested otherwise.
Oh, great . you live on in our hearts!
Comprehensive Guide to Space Missions

gryhmr
02.08.2012 , 05:46 PM | #738
they are bringing servers down for Ilum, I really hope they revert the UI change to what it was at least until they have a final solution. That way everyone getting sick can actually play instead of be pissed off and on the forums.

StrikeOfLight
02.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #739
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post

And I've been posting in yellow since I first joined the forums back in 2009. That's not changing anytime soon.

GamewizX is completely correct. I knew this fellow way back when the OT was flourishing, and I myself used a gold text w/ bold highlights. GamewizX is an intelligent person with an aptitude for writing that isn't often seen anymore. If I remember correctly, he is also a perfectionist.

Even if some of you have disagreements in opinion, he is an excellent person and I will vouch for his caliber any time it is brought into question.

HeavensDemise
02.08.2012 , 05:49 PM | #740
Well if I could have voted I would have went with "They are Good". I love the new look and I really hope you find a way for people to keep using it that like it.