Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

mightylawngnome
02.08.2012 , 04:17 PM | #641
The poll options are a little black.

I wouldn't say it's terrible I'd say it's "meh".

In all honesty any of the three iterations already pushed to live would suite me just fine as long as you add a numerical display.

Ruhx
02.08.2012 , 04:18 PM | #642
Quote: Originally Posted by dipstik View Post
man. i really liked the new ui. i hope they don't cave and revert back to not bing able to tell when you 45s cd was ready to pop.
I'm not sure if you PvE or PvP more, but for me a 30 second or longer timer never gets used twice unless it's a story arc fight or I am soloing something meant for a group. So being able to tell at a glance that a long timer is not ready vs having my hotbars all lite constantly or flashing every few seconds isn't a comparison. The latter is much much harder to deal with.

harpuax
02.08.2012 , 04:18 PM | #643
Quote: Originally Posted by Zalera View Post
I think it needs more tweaking but it does help me not have to stare at my bar as much.
I find just the opposite, I have to stare at the bar more now since I cannot see what abilities I have the resource for until the GCD ends. Therefore I am watching the bars waiting for it to end so I can quickly make my decision and hit that ability with as little downtime as possible between casts. Whereas before I only needed to glance down at some point during the GCD to see what my next attack would be and begin spamming it so it fired instantly as the GCD ended. If I wait for the "Flash" then look down I waste even more time between abilities. Spending more time watching bars equals less time watching the fight and that can be dangerous.

Darthmonick
02.08.2012 , 04:19 PM | #644
I like the new look, I think it gives it a tech feel to it, crisp and clean.

But my suggestion is to allow players to change the color of it, some will like it darker some will like it brighter. So a color wheel of options would work nicely.

plus, 1k people out of 1.7 mill subs isn't a lot of complaining.
~Darth Monick~

JacienOrdo
02.08.2012 , 04:20 PM | #645
I think its a joke I cant play the game and they need a poll to tell them this was a bad idea.. when PVP on Illum is being fixed right away. I'll post here like I posted on the other thread with over 1000 posts on it. Forward your complaints here.. Yell at their boss' boss' boss' boss and maybe they'll get the hint.

To Lawrence F. Probst III - Chairman of the Board
EA Corporate Secretary
Electronic Arts Inc.
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065

To the better business bureau.
3033 Wilson Blvd, Suite 600
Arlington, VA 22201
"I'm just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe."

captortn
02.08.2012 , 04:21 PM | #646
The changes aren't horrible, but neither are they good. Given that the GCD is approximately 1.5 seconds, the entire UI bar flashes every 1.5 seconds basically all of the time people are in game. I wish there was a way to disable the pretty obnoxious "ready" flash for those of us that don't really appreciate it.

Cybermeister
02.08.2012 , 04:21 PM | #647
I wouldn't say they were 'terrible', but they're certainly not 'good'. I didn't think it was possible to make the interface any uglier but this patch achieved it... and personally I had no problem with how they were before.

RoadtoArkham
02.08.2012 , 04:22 PM | #648
Didn't even notice the changes till the forum started drowning in QQ.
Hail to the King, baby.

EternalFinality
02.08.2012 , 04:22 PM | #649
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
The poll is to cement the feeling of the forum community. Stephen already acknowledged that the UI will be changed.

There is absolutely no justification for ridicule. Voice your displeasure in a mature, adult way, and provide a possible solution.
So the poll is pointless. Got it. We already knew that though.

I don't see how cracking intelligent jokes isn't "adult" or "mature." Adults don't like to laugh?

Davfor
02.08.2012 , 04:23 PM | #650
A good start but for abilities that are to use for stunned or etc are shaded as well when they can be used at that moment. The only reason why I don't like that is because even though some things a re stunned and the ability is said to use again them when they are stunned, I still cannot. Other times I can so when the CD happens (shading the icons) I cannot tell. But a good start but not liking all of it. A little tweaking and you are good.