Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

Nastynas
02.08.2012 , 12:19 PM | #51
A poll? Really?
-the Kingslayer
-14th Prestige Black Ops

Iriquois
02.08.2012 , 12:19 PM | #52
Loved the changes, leave it be!
Iriquois Pliskin

Greencorn
02.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #53
I'm sorry to say that terrible doesn't come close, the game is unplayable for many in it's current state due to this.

LordMantequillas
02.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #54
Hurts my eyes.... some people have been saying some abilities still do not work... Seems to work okay for me but the Jedi Knight ability Dispatch doesn't seem to show up as available even tho it is (obviously last %20 of enemy mob life only) but it appears grayed out the whole time.

DarthKeredias
02.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #55
I suspect that all the people voting they love it are Miralukas.

aharoncagle
02.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #56
I think when people are genuinely having serious physical issues such as headaches, nausea and dizziness. The issue deserves more than a poll.

Grammarye
02.08.2012 , 12:20 PM | #57
The flashing effect every few seconds across the entire bar as you use skills needs to go. Flashing is used to draw attention - I have no objection to an important skill just off cooldown flashing (e.g. Whirlwind), or a skill that only enables under certain conditions and thus requires attention drawn (e.g. Riposte), but not the entire hotbar.

The cooldown itself is ok, although on long CD skills it becomes hard to spot if they have become available, because the availability indication of skills is still very hit & miss at best. A proper visible timer or countdown, or instead of a horizontal dropping bar, make it a circle that turns around, would be better.

Above all, make these things configurable!

Stop assuming you know how everyone wants to have their UI work. I don't mean total UI modding, I just mean that if you decide to implement some new UI feature that could be made optional, make it optional.
For 2000 Cartel Coins, a year-old game breaking bug may get fixed.
For $20, an epic death scene for your character is unlocked to end your overly expensive class story. Subscribers pay $10.

Yndras
02.08.2012 , 12:21 PM | #58
On a whole I like the change. No where near as bad a what some people are advocating. The icons greying out are annoying. It should remain lit up if it is not on it's own cool down.

The sky isn't failing like some people say however.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

Deresdod
02.08.2012 , 12:21 PM | #59
I think its a step in the right direction, but theres some things wanting in it. Its very difficult to tell which abilities are ready to use resource wise with these changes, and really, thats the the only issue i have.
< CATALYST >
⋆ ⋆Destroying End Game content since 2005.⋆ ⋆
@deresdod

bazutti
02.08.2012 , 12:21 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

We recently implemented a change to the global cooldown UI with Patch 1.1.2 and we realize that it has been a hot topic here in the Forums. In an effort to prioritize any new changes to the UI, we wanted to poll the community on their opinion of the current global cooldown UI. Please vote in the poll above! As a reminder, please only vote with the cooldown UI changes in mind.
I know many people avoid the forums because of how the crowd can get. A poll in-game would probably be a much better sample group. Also, someone else mentioned leaving comments in the poll - that would be great. I really like the new UI, however, I dislike abilities being darkened while the cooldown animation is happening. Overall, it's a much better improvement, but could use a tweak or two.