Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

GamewizX
02.08.2012 , 03:23 PM | #571
Quote: Originally Posted by Thesseract View Post
Agreed. Consensus reached. All we can both do now is hope they somehow find a solution that please both parties and fast.
Agreed.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

DarthKeredias
02.08.2012 , 03:24 PM | #572
Quote: Originally Posted by Jivefenix View Post
Hi everyone,

We will be bringing down servers for four hours on February 9th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 6AM CST (4AM PST/7AM EST/12PM GMT/1PM CET) in order to deploy a patch. This patch will resolve the following:

Killing players on Ilum will now grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

All servers will be offline during this period. This deployment is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Upcoming Patch

Date: Thursday, February 9th, 2012

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) to 6AM CST (4AM PST/7AM EST/12PM GMT/1PM CET).

All game servers will be offline during this period. This deployment is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Doesn't look like anything will be changing tomorrow
That is freakin' ridiculous! I care more about the UI then freakin' Ilum, that just freakin' pisses me off.

amidoingitrite
02.08.2012 , 03:24 PM | #573
Just change the shading

Rhila
02.08.2012 , 03:24 PM | #574
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
Agreed.
I've been saying 'off button' since yesterday.
I wonder what this button does...
*BOOM!*
Whoops!

lightyearbuzz
02.08.2012 , 03:25 PM | #575
The change makes it almost impossible to plan ahead on my Smuggler.

The Dark ICONS are unreadable until the GCD is over so you have .25 of a second to pick the next ICON or what spell to use.

The Flashing is BURNING my EYES and is useless since it is actually after the GCD so my spell bar stays dark or greyed out 90 % of the fight.

Four spell bars all flashing is distracting and pointless....my EYES !

There has to be thousands of spell bar methods out there surely you aren't incapable of looking at the 999 well done spell bars and ICONs ?

keltonz
02.08.2012 , 03:26 PM | #576
Quote: Originally Posted by skepticck View Post
it's definitely better than the current one for sure but i still think this one : http://youtu.be/3vu70sWL2pA?hd=1&t=5m

is more informative and easier to read (imo)
Thats interesting... has the clock style radial fade with the timer. And I think that works fine, when you only have a few abilities on CD like that video shows.

However, as a Marauder I often have 10+ abilities on cooldown. Having countdown timers on all of them would be a bit too overwhelming if you ask me.

Maybe the clock style radial fade default, with an option to show timers?

Jivefenix
02.08.2012 , 03:26 PM | #577
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthKeredias View Post
That is freakin' ridiculous! I care more about the UI then freakin' Ilum, that just freakin' pisses me off.
As do I

Ohh if you wanna see the patch notes

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...18#edit2656718

xHPx
02.08.2012 , 03:26 PM | #578
My opinion: Provide options! The UI is uncustomizable by add-ons. The least you could do is prove as many options as possible for your own UI. Why should the minority not get to keep these new flashy ones? I ask this even tho I voted that I dislike them.

PS. PLEASE implement the option to disable smart cam >_> It's soo frustrating not being able to cast area spells on someone behind you while running...

vandana_
02.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #579
How about a following poll: What do you think of cooldowns before patch 1.1:

- The cooldown was working properly. Nothing wrong with it. No need to even touch it.

- The cooldown was so uncool. I prefer something shiny... maybe to see colours of the icons all the time... or some flashy, wash-out, disco effect. Or Justin Bieber's face on every icon.

- What's the UI?
V'ox

ptwonline
02.08.2012 , 03:27 PM | #580
Quote: Originally Posted by skepticck View Post
it's definitely better than the current one for sure but i still think this one : http://youtu.be/3vu70sWL2pA?hd=1&t=5m

is more informative and easier to read (imo)
Color scheme on it is bad. Orange/yellow numbers over orange/yellow icons? Bad.

But the basic idea...yes, it's good.