Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

GamewizX
02.08.2012 , 03:18 PM | #561
Quote: Originally Posted by Thesseract View Post
Gah imbedded my replies within the quotes. I'm too lazy to fix.
No worries, I think the debate has taken its course. Bioware is working on a change and there really is nothing that can be done to try and force them to work on it faster. When the change is ready to be implemented, whether by hotfix, patch, rollback, etc., it'll be implemented.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

reillan
02.08.2012 , 03:18 PM | #562
I've only really experienced it on my lvl 33 Sentinel. The biggest problem I have on him is that the icons for about half of my attacks are this greyish-blue color that is very, very close to the same color as the greyed-out icon that shows the skill is still on cooldown.
Band of Hope & A Light in the Dark - Christian-based Shien guilds.

rocdogg
02.08.2012 , 03:18 PM | #563
The change didn't bother me, nor did it impress me. I would have preferred something in the floating combat text. My preference is to be able to keep my eyes on the action rather than my action bars.
Wonder, Bliss, Joy, Bliss, Cheer
Sith Wyrm - Republic - The Basin

Thesseract
02.08.2012 , 03:19 PM | #564
Quote: Originally Posted by GamewizX View Post
No worries, I think the debate has taken its course. Bioware is working on a change and there really is nothing that can be done to try and force them to work on it faster. When the change is ready to be implemented, whether by hotfix, patch, rollback, etc., it'll be implemented.
Agreed. Consensus reached. All we can both do now is hope they somehow find a solution that please both parties and fast.

Jivefenix
02.08.2012 , 03:19 PM | #565
Hi everyone,

We will be bringing down servers for four hours on February 9th, 2012 from 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) until 6AM CST (4AM PST/7AM EST/12PM GMT/1PM CET) in order to deploy a patch. This patch will resolve the following:

Killing players on Ilum will now grant Valor and mission credit as intended.

All servers will be offline during this period. This deployment is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Upcoming Patch

Date: Thursday, February 9th, 2012

Time: 2AM CST (12AM PST/3AM EST/8AM GMT/9AM CET) to 6AM CST (4AM PST/7AM EST/12PM GMT/1PM CET).

All game servers will be offline during this period. This deployment is expected to take no more than four hours.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Doesn't look like anything will be changing tomorrow

bbates
02.08.2012 , 03:19 PM | #566
I'd play a little more on the test server if it had copy character option or maybe increased experience not sure if it does, if it does I might make might lightside character there for fun then I could test the bugs and have easy leveling to see the story.

As it stands I thought it was a big improvement. I think it would be a little more helpful if we could fully customize the UI to go along with it. Also more bar options at some point. I think what makes it bad is I have bars all over my screen that flash left right two in the middle. If I could have three bars in the center or even an option like WAR one bar with twobars under it that basically overlap the top bar that would be great.

Keep the changes maybe a little less bright and you have a winner. :-)
Zero 55 Merc, Tubbington 55 Mara, After 55 Sorc, SleepyBear 55 Opp, Tulduro 55 Jugg Mirand'a 55 Ptech, Naughtengton 55 Sage, Helle'quin 52 Gun,
Proud member of Animosity! The Firefly Legacy!

ptwonline
02.08.2012 , 03:19 PM | #567
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicksDigHarleys View Post
Why is every UI "improvement" worse than the one it replaced? What two year old easily amused by flashing lights thought it was a good idea for practically the entire UI to flash every 1.5 seconds?

Can I have the launch UI back please and just open it up to modders? The way you guys are going, the next improvement will audible tones that make animals cry, or some chick with a super annoying voice say "ready!!" every time the GCD refreshes.
I suspect it's a microcosm of an overall problem in software design: concentrating on fixing issues individually instead of redesigning everything to work properly and cohesively.

skepticck
02.08.2012 , 03:19 PM | #568
Quote: Originally Posted by keltonz View Post
Something like that is exactly what I suggested earlier. Thanks for pointing it out, made by Bioware no less!

Dragon Age Origins Cooldown

Check out the CD timer on the ability he has on the first slot. Great stuff!

Do this again!
it's definitely better than the current one for sure but i still think this one : http://youtu.be/3vu70sWL2pA?hd=1&t=5m

is more informative and easier to read (imo)

maxbaby
02.08.2012 , 03:20 PM | #569
Damn. Can't choose the reply.
UI is not horrible because I kinda got used to the flashy stuff.
But it is not splendid and could be improved further down the line.

The scrolling CD line is still confusing since I don't see how many seconds left on cooldown without hovering mouse over icon. The global cooldown could be handled in a different way. For example, darkened with a thinner CD line and no flash but it is up to community.

I am used to it the way it is.

Galithor
02.08.2012 , 03:22 PM | #570
I like the new UI cooldown animations just fine except for one thing.

I primarily play a Vanguard Trooper, and the High Impact Bolt ability is normally greyed out until you select a debilitated target. Previously, the greyed out HiB would light up like other normal use skills behind the GCD animation, so I knew it'd be available when the global cooldown completed. The new animations don't allow for any feedback on it's availability until after the animation completes. Obviously, this slows reaction time while waiting to see if it's available or not.

The Blitz skill suffers from the same issue with the current animation.

I suppose all such situation based skills on other classes have the same problem.