Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

Scramilton
02.08.2012 , 12:10 PM | #21
I like the changes, but if this many people hate them, then definitely do something about it. Though I'd prefer other game-breaking bugs be fixed first...like in operations. So much time has been wasted with bugs. I guess that's what the free month was for, but I think we deserve another one.

BlutImAuge
02.08.2012 , 12:10 PM | #22
Why must it be a love/hate situation? Instead of adding an on/off toggle, I propose the addition of an Opacity Slider.

Let us define how visible the new CD effect is. Those that despise it can set it to 0, those who swear by it can keep it at 100 and the rest can customize it until it's just right.

Decemberist
02.08.2012 , 12:10 PM | #23
I'm pleased to see a poll like this in response to all the complaints since 1.1.2's changes. My personal feedback is as follows:

1. The graphic for longer cooldowns is perfectly fine. It's very clear when a skill is nearing the end of its cooldown.
2. The universal FLASH as the GCD ends is bad (I feel that it's giving me a headache and my eyes rarely spend much time on my action bars).
3. Skills should remain lit in some way if they are available for use despite the GCD being in effect. While you may argue that one should know one's "rotation" or "priority", there are times during encounters where that rotation is going to be of lesser importance than movement and be disrupted. I'm fortunate as a DPS Commando and can simply watch my Charged Barrel count and/or the Gravity Vortexes on my target. Not all classes have such cues.

Thank you.
Imogen aka Siouxsie
<Legends>
Hedarr Soongh US PVP

EvilGoodOne
02.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #24
its strains my eyes and causes headache, how do you think, do i like it?!!
A rocket launcher gives me all the spiritual peace I need.

Arkerus
02.08.2012 , 12:11 PM | #25
The design is close to what is needed.

I like how the "window" is tracked across all abilities and it covers abilities that are on cooldown.

The problem is abilities that are OFF cooldown are still very dark and hard to read. This happens in combat. When I am out of combat everything lights back up and its easy to read again.

Why is that? If an ability is available why is it not lighting back up?
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

PyxisNautica
02.08.2012 , 12:12 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by zandadoum View Post
bioware, stop wasting resources on TRYING to make a good UI. you'll never make everyone happy.

implement player made addons. end of story.
I'm going to agree wholeheartedly with this. Let the hivemind have access to the API so they can relieve some of the gamebreaking issues that you guys are creating.

Amby
02.08.2012 , 12:12 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

We recently implemented a change to the global cooldown UI with Patch 1.1.2 and we realize that it has been a hot topic here in the Forums. In an effort to prioritize any new changes to the UI, we wanted to poll the community on their opinion of the current global cooldown UI. Please vote in the poll above! As a reminder, please only vote with the cooldown UI changes in mind.
I voted 'they're terrible' but I don't want to be overly negative. I feel the new UI changes have one glaring problem. I'm a Jedi Guardian, and not a GCD goes by that I'm not hitting SOMETHING as quickly as I can. The constant flashing of the entire bar makes it very difficult to see the icons beneath, and be able to see what abilites are greyed out and what abilities are ready for use.

I suggest you tweak the alpha on the GCD to make it more transparent, to make it easier to see the buttons underneath while the GCD animation is underway.

Grimgrey
02.08.2012 , 12:12 PM | #28
Gave it a day because I didn't want to reject it before trying it out for a while.

The new cooldown graphic is just too bright. It obscures all the skill icons during the global cooldown and generally gets in the way instead of helping identify the timer for skills on longer cooldowns.

I really don't like it.

Ignath
02.08.2012 , 12:12 PM | #29
I'm indifferent to the changes of the GCD on the UI. Doesn't affect me in the least. It is bright, but I think it helps me notice when my GCD is up, even when not staring directly at the bars. Lots of QQ on the forum though...

EDIT: Reading one of the above posts, I agree that an opacity slider for the GCD pulse may be a good way to go. Will get rid of the whining of a VERY vocal minority and will give more customization to the UI, which IMO is sorely needed.
Quote: Originally Posted by Coinspinner View Post
Seek courage in your own mediocrity, for it is your lot in life.
No one can stop the Darwinism that is MMO gaming.

Benfynyn
02.08.2012 , 12:12 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Invalid_Integral View Post
When else would you expect them to ask you? Before you had ever seen it?
24 hours ago. When the forum went nuts and they started "investigating".

Quote: Originally Posted by Invalid_Integral View Post
It was on the PTR, but I'm sure you didn't test it out there did you?
Nope. I tested and was ignored in beta. Why should I pay to continue to test and be ignored?
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post

After some investigation, it appears that there was some miscommunication between teams and this patch note was not intended to be included in this last patch.