Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

GamewizX
02.09.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1071
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
No; as I said, "changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share." Discussions on that specific issue have been happening since early yesterday and will wrap up today. Hopefully I'll be able to share more later on when you can expect a patch, but it won't wait until March or until 1.2.

I mentioned that broader UI customization options are coming during Game Update 1.2 because many others in the thread had opinions on the UI of the game, generally.

Last but not least; add-ons are still under discussion, but there's no current timeline for when that functionality might be implemented. While add-ons would give a lot more potential options (assuming a robust add-on community), there will still always be many people who want to use the game's default UI (new players, for example!). Therefore it's important for us to ensure the UI that we have works well, hence our ongoing development and expansion of UI options.
Thanks Stephen. I'm interested to see what you guys have planned.
The Shadowlands -Ξ▒▓██ The Gamewiz Legacy ██▓▒Ξ- The Shadowlands
www.oldrepublicdads.com | Proud member of -=ORD=- | www.oldrepublicdads.com
Aaliyah - 50 Sage (TK) | Corthin - 50 Sentinel (CB) | Hartman - 35 Commando (GN)

AsheraII
02.09.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1072
I kinda like the new Global Cooldown looks. It may be a bit too bright and flashy, so perhaps it could be subtle-ized a little, but overall, I think it is on the right track for making it noticable, and actually better than the previous. So just tone down the "flash" a little, and it should be good.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Cerion
02.09.2012 , 09:23 AM | #1073
I missed the poll. May I suggest in the future that a poll of significance be advertized on the launcher? That way, those of us who don't live on the forums (and playing the game) can have a say in this game.

The new UI works fine for me.

Keta
02.09.2012 , 09:24 AM | #1074
Quote: Originally Posted by ToliverGrey View Post
These would have been helpful to say yesterday. As it is, the post yesterday created confusion because it offered no timeline, but then immediately began discussing UI changes in 1.2, which made a lot of people tie the two together and think "oh, no more changes to the UI until 1.2 in March."
Yup, and he was repeatedly told yesterday before he made that post that they had to tell people they were fast tracking a solution for people who are being made ill by the UI changes as well being reminded afterwards. He didn't and not peep in acknowledgement that there's a problem with the UI beyond lack of usability that many people (who aren't made ill) are finding with it. The next billing cycle isn't that far away.

DarrkLore
02.09.2012 , 09:24 AM | #1075
It wouldn't let me vote but I would've picked "it's good!"

I definitely didn't like the first change you made. But now that you made the abilities on CD darker again I'm happy. GCD is displaying properly now, it's easy to tell what's up and what's not. I don't have any complaints about it now. Except that maybe the flashing could cause a problem for epileptic people...
ε╬╣!!!!╠▀▀{}▀(████████████████████████████████████████)

Nitrosnwbrdr
02.09.2012 , 09:28 AM | #1076
Quote: Originally Posted by ToliverGrey View Post
These would have been helpful to say yesterday. As it is, the post yesterday created confusion because it offered no timeline, but then immediately began discussing UI changes in 1.2, which made a lot of people tie the two together and think "oh, no more changes to the UI until 1.2 in March."
How did it create confusion? Do people forget what separate paragraph mean anymore? He said

Quote:
Hey everyone, thank you to all of you who gave constructive feedback here. We've closed the poll as we feel we have a good indication of your opinions. As I said previously, changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share.
That was PARAGRAPH number one. Now in PARAGRAPH number two.

Quote:
Possibly more than any part of the game, UI is a very subjective topic, so we understand the varied opinions expressed here. The long-term aim for The Old Republic is to give players flexibility in their UI choices and the changes coming for Game Update 1.2 will allow for more of that.
If anyone took that as it being March til the UI is fixed more is just looking for something to poke at.

Fu-bear
02.09.2012 , 09:30 AM | #1077
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post

Last but not least; add-ons are still under discussion, but there's no current timeline for when that functionality might be implemented. While add-ons would give a lot more potential options (assuming a robust add-on community), there will still always be many people who want to use the game's default UI (new players, for example!). Therefore it's important for us to ensure the UI that we have works well, hence our ongoing development and expansion of UI options.

I think you can safely assume a robust add-on community, given the number of WOW players who moved from there, and I agree that the default UI should be functionable and suitable to play out of the box - so improvements in 1.2 will be very much welcome. I certainly look forward to what features will be instore. On that topic do you have any juicy info you could leek as to what is in store?

Don't be too surprised, however, if the resulting feedback from the UI changes is not a huge amount different from what you have now. The expectation of the players far outweighs what I think is realistically likely to be changed. I'm not trying to be overly negative, I just feel that any "default UI" in this day and age will be found wanting. Of course I would be very happy to be proved wrong on this
Master Yoda says: Slap you hard I will

darthtoph
02.09.2012 , 09:32 AM | #1078
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagerinho View Post
subjective.

a LOT of people had the ilum bug, hardly any people suffer from the oh so serious health issues.
Poll says otherwise. Either way, BW could have reverted the UI earlier today when they brought down the servers to patch Ilum, yet they chose not to. Why they didn't do that until they can provide a better UI - and now that they've admitted the new UI is not working as intended, is beyond comprehension and just a big FU to everybody affected by the constant flashing in ones peripheral vision resulting in headaches.
I don't judge a game by how old or new it is, I judge it by what it is when it is presented to me.

Nemmar
02.09.2012 , 09:33 AM | #1079
I dont mind the new UI, but there is a fundamental problem with it.

When all the skills flash white at the end of the GCD, i cant see any of my skill icons for a fraction of time. It doesnt stop me from playing the game, but it hurts my response time.
If that final flashing could go away, i'd be totally fine with it.

Varnoc
02.09.2012 , 09:33 AM | #1080
I love this game, but the new UI has to go. I disliked the last change they made but this is worse. So far the system at launch was the best so far.

The constant forced UI changes are really annoying. It takes time to adjust to these changes everytime they do them.

Since we now have seen three different versions, would it be so difficult to allow an option in the menu to choose between the three?