Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

gryhmr
02.09.2012 , 08:44 AM | #1061
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagerinho View Post
subjective.

a LOT of people had the ilum bug, hardly any people suffer from the oh so serious health issues.
only a few people a year get hurt on roller coasters. lets not make sure they're safe.

StephenReid
02.09.2012 , 08:45 AM | #1062
Quote: Originally Posted by gryhmr View Post
So this isnt going to be changed til march?!
No; as I said, "changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share." Discussions on that specific issue have been happening since early yesterday and will wrap up today. Hopefully I'll be able to share more later on when you can expect a patch, but it won't wait until March or until 1.2.

I mentioned that broader UI customization options are coming during Game Update 1.2 because many others in the thread had opinions on the UI of the game, generally.

Last but not least; add-ons are still under discussion, but there's no current timeline for when that functionality might be implemented. While add-ons would give a lot more potential options (assuming a robust add-on community), there will still always be many people who want to use the game's default UI (new players, for example!). Therefore it's important for us to ensure the UI that we have works well, hence our ongoing development and expansion of UI options.

grucho
02.09.2012 , 08:51 AM | #1063
Ok so people actually get physically sick because of this change and BW does nothing? One thing is it being just worse UI as you can't see what ability you can use due to constant gray out. But completely different one is people suffering from illness while playing due to crazy flashing. This is no longer whine because I don't like it case, this is people not being able to play because they are just simply getting sick. If this doesn't call for immediate fix then you just lost another ton of subs BW, good job!

Viiru
02.09.2012 , 08:55 AM | #1064
If only the ability thats coming off cooldown does the animation, i think that may fix the issue. but other than that, i have no problem with the way it is now. no sickness at least lol.

ToliverGrey
02.09.2012 , 08:55 AM | #1065
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
No; as I said, "changes will be made to the global cooldown and we'll bring you more information when we have a solid timeline to share." Discussions on that specific issue have been happening since early yesterday and will wrap up today. Hopefully I'll be able to share more later on when you can expect a patch, but it won't wait until March or until 1.2.
These would have been helpful to say yesterday. As it is, the post yesterday created confusion because it offered no timeline, but then immediately began discussing UI changes in 1.2, which made a lot of people tie the two together and think "oh, no more changes to the UI until 1.2 in March."

Curson
02.09.2012 , 09:06 AM | #1066

I mentioned that broader UI customization options are coming during Game Update 1.2 because many others in the thread had opinions on the UI of the game, generally.

Last but not least; add-ons are still under discussion, but there's no current timeline for when that functionality might be implemented. While add-ons would give a lot more potential options (assuming a robust add-on community), there will still always be many people who want to use the game's default UI (new players, for example!). Therefore it's important for us to ensure the UI that we have works well, hence our ongoing development and expansion of UI options.
Is there a way we can make these addons available by the official swtor.com website? Third party sites like curse.com were shady and I'm pretty sure they were the reason I got hacked back before the Authenticator came out.
▒ ▒ Iscariot ▒ ▒
Harbringer

Join Us

Seyyal
02.09.2012 , 09:08 AM | #1067
i like the way it is now, however i understand that it is physically bothering some people.

I would like to see the mechanics remain but the color, transpanency, and flashes be custommizable. also things that are out of range need to be a different color etc.
"He's no good to me dead"

CFourPO
02.09.2012 , 09:15 AM | #1068
Quote: Originally Posted by grucho View Post
What about abilities that proc on having dot on target like bounty hunter. You have absolutely no hope to see it as useable because everything is grayed out all the time.
That's my biggest problem with it. It isn't making me sick or anything. It is just not functional, state-dependent abilities were the main reason I was looking at the hotbars to begin with. Some long cooldowns were hard to see before and the new UI does fine for that with the flash for me.

Ultimately, I'd prefer countdown numbers at 10 seconds below.

Glzmo
02.09.2012 , 09:19 AM | #1069
Is an option to enable chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat also slated to be part of these "broader UI customization options during Game Update 1.2"? They are an important and much requested (G)UI feature that's been promised to be a high priority item but still missing, after all.

cipher_nemo
02.09.2012 , 09:20 AM | #1070
I don't like them. It's not "horrible" or "terrible" for me, but it's annoying.

I post since the poll is locked even though it was started just yesterday. I guess you didn't want to see the "They're terrible" choice skyrocket into like 90%?