Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Poll: What do you think about the new changes made to global cooldown UI in 1.1.2?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new changes made to the global cooldown UI in Patch 1.1.2
They're good! 1,075 31.10%
They're terrible! 1,972 57.04%
I don't care either way. 410 11.86%
Voters: 3457. You may not vote on this poll

bandraoi
02.09.2012 , 04:51 AM | #1001
2 months and nothings really been fixed we get new content to divert attention while game breaking bugs like ability delay are just masked with a horrendous cd effect

Agenteusa
02.09.2012 , 04:51 AM | #1002
The new UI CD system plainly sucks. There´s no kind word I can use to describe it unfortunately.

The white borders suck, the greying out of all buttons sucks, if you are using abilities fast it kinda bugs since the cd finishes and you still have white borders all over and buttons greyed out...

I honestly am ashamed to say that your best shot at it was the beta.

I mean is it really that complicated?? You have several ways of solving it, the most common being.

Either put countdowns on CD´s and ungrey the active abilities or even easier just keep the active abilities as normal buttons and grey out the abilities on CD.

Sparckus
02.09.2012 , 04:52 AM | #1003
Much better than before, always room for improvement.

ebmccown
02.09.2012 , 04:55 AM | #1004
Quote: Originally Posted by Naroga View Post
I dislike the new UI a lot.

There are two main problems:

One: The Global Cooldown causes ALL abilities to flash when it's up. This means all of your bars will flash white every 1.5 seconds.

Two: Using ANY ability causes all of your abilities to go grey and they don't fade back in until after the Global Cooldown is up. This is a huge problem when you're a class that spams abilities every second, such as a Jedi Sentinel. Basically, the abilities never light back up and are in a constant state of fading grey and flashing. Because of this, you can't tell what abilities are ready, whether or not you're in range, or if you have enough resources to use the ability.

I play a Sentinel and it is almost impossible to determine when abilities are off cooldown. During my hardmode raid last night, my entire UI was constantly greyed out or flashing, which made it impossible to determine which abilities could be activated.

I could not monitor Merciless Slash, Cauterize, Overload Saber and Zealous Strike properly. I basically had to guess when each was ready to use. The other raiding Sentinel in my guild was having the same issues.

And don't get me started on the flashing every 1.5 seconds...
^ this. I'm a sentinel too with same issue.
K a e l e f t h A r t e r i u s W a t c h m a n S e n t i n e l
A s c e n s i o n S t r i k e s B a c k B e g e r e n C o l o n y

Unrealzero
02.09.2012 , 04:56 AM | #1005
Hurts my eyes and is bright. If I quick look down and up it hurts. :C

Iskallt
02.09.2012 , 05:03 AM | #1006
Didn't get a chance to vote!

"They're terrible!" <-

jbodzioch
02.09.2012 , 05:05 AM | #1007
My brain is not defective so I like it. Ppl that are affected by the flashy lights have poor codeing and optimization.

Gnugthreeonefive
02.09.2012 , 05:07 AM | #1008
The original system was best. In fact, the only problem with it is for abilities with long cooldowns - it's hard to tell when they're completely off cooldown, since a couple seconds will only be, say, 2/120 parts greyed out.

To solve that, I humbly suggest the option for using a countdown timer in seconds (aka the addon Cooldowns for WoW).

Facadas
02.09.2012 , 05:11 AM | #1009
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

We recently implemented a change to the global cooldown UI with Patch 1.1.2 and we realize that it has been a hot topic here in the Forums. In an effort to prioritize any new changes to the UI, we wanted to poll the community on their opinion of the current global cooldown UI. Please vote in the poll above! As a reminder, please only vote with the cooldown UI changes in mind.
Give more time for ppl to vote?
Aniway i like this ui changes, many ppl don't. What i think you guys should do is STOP ENFORCING THIS CHANGES!
Seriously why can't we just chose from styles of bars?

Then again i like this one better then the previous ones, but option are a must in any MMO

drksidejunkie
02.09.2012 , 05:13 AM | #1010
Yes - the new cool downs are quite possibly the worst change made to the game so far.

It was fine how it was when the game launched - it got slightly worse with the next change - but this change just kills your eyes.

Please just allow us to mod the UI ourselves.

With user produced content we could have had all this sorted already instead of almost 2 months down the road still sitting around twiddling our thumbs waiting for a fix.