Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Side points

Liljekrantz
12.15.2011 , 12:32 PM | #1
Ive just turned 14 and I am doing the quest where i need to kill the sith lord for my master the cyborg guy. Ive got 650 dp and 50 lp. The lp was a mistake but still its so little have I missed something I do all quests I see. Anyone else at the same part of the game with the same dp and lp?

Auskoris
12.15.2011 , 03:38 PM | #2
I've heard from other people that the Sith Inquisitor class doesn't get nearly as much DS/LS points as the Sith Warrior. Basically the story just doesn't offer as many choices. I've heard multiple people say they were already Dark Side I as Sith Warrior by the time they left Korriban. I'm level 15 and have about 880 Lightside points, 0 Darkside points, and have been using the Diplomacy skill to get about 200 of those points.

Unfortunately th SI class story just doesn't get us a lot of points like SW does...
Hadean Sith Assassin Davik's Estate
[█▓|X|X|X|█{}█╣ F E A R T H E C L E A R L I G H T S A B E R )

Munkerz
12.15.2011 , 05:45 PM | #3
I'm about half way to Dark rank II at level 15, via strictly questing. I can't compare myself, but there's a number to run on.
My stance on SWTOR: It's a good MMO that was overcompensated at launch in the server department. After the expected drop-off, we just have too many servers and not enough players to fill them. Though no doubt a logistic nightmare, a merge of about half the servers would make the game feel that much more populated.

Hooha
12.16.2011 , 12:09 AM | #4
During beta weekend I played in, I found that merely answering questions the way that felt right as a dark side character yielded dark side points and affection points at a good pace with my Khem Val as a SI-sorc. Reading about what your companion likes helps too.

By this I mean that I thought about my answers and answered them considering the outcome of the action (Siths hate failure) and the intelligence (Siths hate stupidity) of practicing some restraint to achieve my ultimate goal for myself or the quest NPC I spoke with. While early quests did not offer many points, as soon as I got my class quest at 10 finished I was well on my way to the 1000 points to get a Dark Side I item around level 11-12. I did do a lot of side quests if they were quick and on my way to Class quest.

In short - be strong, be brutal, be smart and the dark side will be strong with you.

Hope this helps.

PulpSaibot
12.16.2011 , 03:10 AM | #5
Don't post spoilers like that.

Archaon_Thrax
12.16.2011 , 03:34 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Auskoris View Post
I've heard from other people that the Sith Inquisitor class doesn't get nearly as much DS/LS points as the Sith Warrior. Basically the story just doesn't offer as many choices. I've heard multiple people say they were already Dark Side I as Sith Warrior by the time they left Korriban. I'm level 15 and have about 880 Lightside points, 0 Darkside points, and have been using the Diplomacy skill to get about 200 of those points.

Unfortunately th SI class story just doesn't get us a lot of points like SW does...
Unfortunatly, that's true. By the time the SW leaves Korriban he can already have enough points for Tier 1 DS/LS. Sith Inquisitor can get it as early as midway through his quests on Dromund Kaas.
I used to be Standard Edition, till I took a CE to the knee.
CE VIP since July 28th, 2011 @ 1:35 PM (GMT+1).

MareLooke
12.16.2011 , 03:35 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Liljekrantz View Post
Ive just turned 14 and I am doing the quest where i need to kill the sith lord for my master the cyborg guy. Ive got 650 dp and 50 lp. The lp was a mistake but still its so little have I missed something I do all quests I see. Anyone else at the same part of the game with the same dp and lp?
At least use spoiler tags for those that haven't gotten that far yet.

MareLooke
12.16.2011 , 03:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Archaon_Thrax View Post
Unfortunatly, that's true. By the time the SW leaves Korriban he can already have enough points for Tier 1 DS/LS. Sith Inquisitor can get it as early as midway through his quests on Dromund Kaas.
We got maximum 500 at the end of Korriban, if you stick to the chain of events and do BT with all DS options you can get to 700 when you arive at Dromund Kaas, about every other class has DS1 by then (assuming they always took the DS options).

On a related note; there's loads of conversation options that COULD give DS points in the SI story on Korriban, they just chose not to... So it would have been easy to fix by slightly tweaking existing quests (or just increasing the LS/DS point gain of some choices)

darkonnis
12.16.2011 , 05:02 AM | #9
Meh its a minor set back, im on about 1200 now without diplomacy at level 16. Granted i've now left DK, but i'm not worried
Darth Bain, Black Dawn Syndicate - 50 Assassin - Luka Sene
Valar Morghulis, Apotheosis - 50 Marauder - Luka Sene