Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

Wolfninjajedi
03.24.2012 , 07:04 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Antares_Navaar View Post
Right after Mace fought Sidious, Anakin would have eaten him for breakfast. Mace would already have been exerted and worn out. But I believe the implication was a fresh duel.
Though! The OP never did quite state clearly, if this was ROTS jedi knight Anakin or ROTS sith lord Anakin. I know its really a minor thing, but just thought i'd point it out.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Slamuel
03.24.2012 , 07:10 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by BrandonSM View Post

Mace was a master of all 7 forms and created one of them. Let me tell you here.

In Saber Combat, Mace beats most if not all but Luke Skywalker. As fanboyish as that sounds, you really need to read up on him. His ability with Shatterpoint and Vapaad makes him an unstoppable force.

In Force Combat, he would still beat ROTS Anakin because of Shatterpoint. Not sure about Vader, but ROTS Anakin yes sir ee.

Mace spars with Yoda to a draw yet, he can't even use Vapaad correctly against Yoda because Yoda is light-sided. This is why he can beat Anakin. Vapaad channels the user's Inner Dark Side and the Opponent's Inner Dark-Side and using that to fuel the user's attacks.

Mace is THE Master of Vappad like Obi-wan is THE master of Soresu.

Edit: Again, sparring with Dooku. He Couldn't use Vapaad in its prime against light-siders! And he sparred with Dooku when Dooku was Jedi. And he'll be sparring with raging geese!
How do you guys know mace created a form, how do you know all of these forms, and where can I find out about them?
Copy this signature if you believe Timothy Zahn should take over the EU.

Rayla_Felana
03.24.2012 , 07:11 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Though! The OP never did quite state clearly, if this was ROTS jedi knight Anakin or ROTS sith lord Anakin. I know its really a minor thing, but just thought i'd point it out.
It makes a huge difference to me, Vader had a very different combat style, regardless of it being the same form, he was using Shien by the time he was battling Obi-Wan, Shien is a far more aggressive version of Djem-So.

Not only that but Pre-Mustafar Vader was still very clearly emotionally compromised.

Against the likes of Obi-Wan and Windu he is simply outmatched by experience.

Rayla_Felana
03.24.2012 , 07:13 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Slamuel View Post
How do you guys know mace created a form, how do you know all of these forms, and where can I find out about them?
This.

Should tell you everything you need to know about Lightsaber combat and it's several forms.

Slamuel
03.24.2012 , 07:15 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
By this logic, Anakin should have died during the temple raid.
who did he have to fight? younglings?

Rayla_Felana
03.24.2012 , 07:16 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Slamuel View Post
who did he have to fight? younglings?
There were many Masters there as well, such as Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig whom he defeated handily.

Slamuel
03.24.2012 , 08:56 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
There were many Masters there as well, such as Shaak Ti and Cin Drallig whom he defeated handily.
forgot about shaak ti.

lorddarklon
03.24.2012 , 11:28 AM | #48
I would have to say Anakin. He defeated Dooku who was also one of the great Saber masters. Anakin lost to kenobi because he trying to out do his former master
"There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing…only me" - Creed of Ruin

BrandonSM
03.24.2012 , 11:35 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by lorddarklon View Post
I would have to say Anakin. He defeated Dooku who was also one of the great Saber masters. Anakin lost to kenobi because he trying to out do his former master
And Mace is arguably the 2nd greatest Saber Master.
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."