Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

Wolfninjajedi
02.08.2012 , 02:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
are you serious? mace would have destroyed anikian at this peroid in time! Mace was 100x's better then obiwan was and obiwan and anikian were pretty much even steven. Mace Windu could probably have defeated or given sidious a better fight then yoda did(mind you fight between he and sidious wasnt accurate as he did all of that to lure anikian to the dark side) he was a MUCH better swordsman, could use shatter points, and still had amazing command of the force.

Now mace vs Vader during his height? now would have been much closer fight but during revenge anikian still had almost no real command of the darkside and while a great swordsman and duelist he still paled next to the other masters.
By this logic, Anakin should have died during the temple raid.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

sevenex
02.08.2012 , 02:11 PM | #22
Mace would have owned him. He's a mushroom cloud droppin' motha****er..... motha****er.

Castiel
03.22.2012 , 08:08 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
So you're saying it's not fair? I wasn't referring to who would win or lose, but rather the fact that there are no variables to take into account outside of their pure talent...
Dude, none of the fanboys on these here forums take any variables into account other than "It's canon, your opinion doesn't matter because I do not understand the concept of free will and I'm a total complete blind tool fanboy."

For every matchup, there's countless variables to take into account. None seem to understand that. It's like watching a football match with Man U vs another team that is statistically crappier. Can they win ? Absolutely. It all depends on so many things. Same goes for these "vader vs X" threads you keep seein'.

cupofwater
03.23.2012 , 03:20 AM | #24
Anakin.

Dooku would constantly out spar Mace Windu.

Anakin overpowered Dooku when Dooku was much more powerful and semi attuned to the darkside.

Although
The emotionally confused Anakin that faces Obi Wan, I doubt would be able to last more then a few moments against Mace Windu.
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."

Rayla_Felana
03.23.2012 , 04:12 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by cupofwater View Post
Anakin.

Dooku would constantly out spar Mace Windu.

Anakin overpowered Dooku when Dooku was much more powerful and semi attuned to the darkside.

Although
The emotionally confused Anakin that faces Obi Wan, I doubt would be able to last more then a few moments against Mace Windu.
When? they were equals in combat, and the RotS novel makes it clear he(Dooku) could have dispensed with Anakin multiple times in their duel.

cupofwater
03.23.2012 , 08:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
When? they were equals in combat, and the RotS novel makes it clear he(Dooku) could have dispensed with Anakin multiple times in their duel.
Go back and reread the fight between Dooku and Anakin and you will see who was in control of it. Yes Dooku was going to let Anakin win but he planned on not losing until he decided it was the right time. By no means did he plan on getting his hand chopped off and disarmed in a fluid movement, and then soon after decapitated. Dooku throughout the fight was 100% over confident and was duped into thinking he had the upperhand.. both Jedis started off using there un-mastered forms and quickly switched over putting Dooku in a tough position.
In Anakins "one on one moment" he 100% controlled the fight and this was when he was at his very best.

Movie Canon > Novel Canon
The movie shows Dooku getting overpowered and disarmed in the fight. His facial expression also showed unanticipated defeat.

Does colored font make your opinion more valid?
"SEDUCTION"
"The dark is generous, and it is patient."

DarthPsychonis
03.23.2012 , 08:55 PM | #27
As far as I can judge, with Anakin beating Dooku, he was the third most powerful Jedi at the time of Ep.III with Yoda and Mace roughly equal at the top, then Anakin, then Obi-wan close behind. Obi-wan did not beat Anakin through his own skill or power, Anakin just got pig headed and mad a stupid mistake, one even Obi-wan told him not to make. Mace would not "own" Anakin and it would still be a hard fight, but Mace would eventually come out on top. However, if Anakin had sustained none of his injures on Mustafar and grew to his full potential, he would have been more that twice as powerful and Mace or Sidious, and there would be no contest between them.
"Fear. Fear attracts the fearful.....the strong.....the weak.....the innocent.....the corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally."

Antares_Navaar
03.23.2012 , 08:56 PM | #28
For whoever said that it was canonically confirmed that Sidious was not actually trying against Windu in order to further bend Anakin's will to the dark side, I'd like to say in turn that this was /not/ canonically confirmed, and if it was, I'd like to see the proof.

For those saying that Windu would beat Kenobi, I find this hard to accept, but easily debatable. While it can be said that Kenobi would have lost against Maul had Maul not bragged toward the end and let his guard down as he did, Kenobi still did take Grevious one-on-one, beat Anakin, and accomplished all he did by mastering one of the most basic saber forms there is. Not to mention, while Windu could have been being modest, in the ROTS novel he did give implication to Kenobi's being a better duelist than he himself was. But then, I could be misinterpreting that where he actually was saying -potentially- better. But to shorten that, I think to say Windu would flick Kenobi away is idiotic, and their match would be one unpredictable.

As for Anakin, I do think that Windu would beat him. It would be a tough fight, but Windu really is more experienced than either him or Kenobi, and the fact that he /did/ invent and master a form of saber combat that would turn any other Jedi to the Dark Side is nothing to be taken lightly.
Neither dark nor light, but both all the same.
Neither hero nor villain, but both all the same.
Neither balanced nor chaotic, but both all the same.
Neither alive nor dead, but both all the same.

Wolfninjajedi
03.23.2012 , 09:08 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Antares_Navaar View Post
For whoever said that it was canonically confirmed that Sidious was not actually trying against Windu in order to further bend Anakin's will to the dark side, I'd like to say in turn that this was /not/ canonically confirmed, and if it was, I'd like to see the proof.

For those saying that Windu would beat Kenobi, I find this hard to accept, but easily debatable. While it can be said that Kenobi would have lost against Maul had Maul not bragged toward the end and let his guard down as he did, Kenobi still did take Grevious one-on-one, beat Anakin, and accomplished all he did by mastering one of the most basic saber forms there is. Not to mention, while Windu could have been being modest, in the ROTS novel he did give implication to Kenobi's being a better duelist than he himself was. But then, I could be misinterpreting that where he actually was saying -potentially- better. But to shorten that, I think to say Windu would flick Kenobi away is idiotic, and their match would be one unpredictable.

As for Anakin, I do think that Windu would beat him. It would be a tough fight, but Windu really is more experienced than either him or Kenobi, and the fact that he /did/ invent and master a form of saber combat that would turn any other Jedi to the Dark Side is nothing to be taken lightly.
Theres just one problem with that though, yes Mace did invent his own form however that didn't make him immune to the drawbacks of it. I seem to recall someone posting, about the ROTS novel that Windu was boarding lining darkside because it was using Palpatine's own darkness against him(or something to that effect). Now Mace could probably win, but then if he did I really doubt he would be a jedi at the end of it all because of Anakin's emotions being so very high I doubt he would be able to contend with all those emotions being drawn into him.

I say probably win because the only reason, Obi-Wan won against Anakin was because he was THE master of Form 3, not to mention he knew Anakin better then anyone. Mace however, doesn't and those were two key points in which aloud Obi-Wan to win.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

BrandonSM
03.24.2012 , 12:05 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Anakin, he pretty much was a jedi master in skill by ROTS and seeing as Mace isn't THE master of Form 3 he wouldn't be able to defend for long against Anakin's wailing with his form. Sure Mace uses Vapaad but Anakin's anger would probably push Mace over the edge and cause him to turn to the darkside as well seeing as he was boarder lining it with Palpatine. Plus Anakin defeated Dooku, who couldn't be defeated by Mace unless one of them got the drop one eachother. And yes I know Palpatine didn't beat Mace...but were talking about Anakin here, who was a master with his lightsaber form Palpatine was more in tune with force powers then lightsaber combat(though he was skillful in that regard too.)

Mace was a master of all 7 forms and created one of them. Let me tell you here.

In Saber Combat, Mace beats most if not all but Luke Skywalker. As fanboyish as that sounds, you really need to read up on him. His ability with Shatterpoint and Vapaad makes him an unstoppable force.

In Force Combat, he would still beat ROTS Anakin because of Shatterpoint. Not sure about Vader, but ROTS Anakin yes sir ee.

Mace spars with Yoda to a draw yet, he can't even use Vapaad correctly against Yoda because Yoda is light-sided. This is why he can beat Anakin. Vapaad channels the user's Inner Dark Side and the Opponent's Inner Dark-Side and using that to fuel the user's attacks.

Mace is THE Master of Vappad like Obi-wan is THE master of Soresu.

Edit: Again, sparring with Dooku. He Couldn't use Vapaad in its prime against light-siders! And he sparred with Dooku when Dooku was Jedi. And he'll be sparring with raging geese!
Hapan: "This creature has information that could lead us to a woman who has been kidnapped. We will get that information."
Luke: "This woman is a citizen of the New Republic, and if you do not take your hands off her, I will take your hands off you."