Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

ELECTRICJUDGMENT
02.08.2012 , 11:08 AM | #11
Mace Windu, hands down. To be honest, I was rather disappointed with how easily he was killed off in the film. He has far more experience and knowledge of the Force than Anakin and even Obi-Wan at that point, 1 on 1 he would have overpowered Anakin quickly. He was such an accomplished and skilled Jedi, I think that's part of what makes his death so sad and unfortunate.

DarthHarvey
02.08.2012 , 11:11 AM | #12
Anakin holds out for a bit but is ultimately overpowered by Mace's assault, for the same reasons other people in the thread have said.

Darth Krayven - Sith Juggernaut Pureblood - 50

Castiel
02.08.2012 , 11:22 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SiLiZ View Post
While I agree that in a saber-fight Master Windu would overwhelm Sidious, when it came down to using the Force, which it would, Sidious wins every time. And it is a well known canonical fact that Sidious acted as if he was losing to Windu to encourage Anakin's fall to the Sith.
He lost fair & square, deal with it.

CFourPO
02.08.2012 , 11:33 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Anastayria View Post
boy looks to windu.... windu tells him "hand me my lightsaber boy".... the boy looks confused....and askes "which one master jedi" windu looks at him with a serious face and replies "the one that says...."BAD MOTHERF***KER".... the end lol
Yep. No question.

Asuka
02.08.2012 , 11:35 AM | #15
Windu could have pwned them both.

RoadtoArkham
02.08.2012 , 11:56 AM | #16
Windu went out like a punk. Since it was contractually stated that this was not to happen, I maintain that Mace Windu survived his fall.

At this point he joined the Tusken Raiders, subtly guiding Luke and Obi-Wan into meeting each other, while running ****** mother****er interference on stormtroopers long enough for the Millennium Falcon to escape the planet.

He later got the only other black man in the whole universe, Lando Calrissian, a job in Jabba's Palace. Thus explaining how Jabba did not notice that one of his guards was clearly Billy Dee Williams.
Hail to the King, baby.

Lokai
02.08.2012 , 12:04 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
This is a fair fight, no Palpatine to distract Mace Windu. Who would win this rematch?
are you serious? mace would have destroyed anikian at this peroid in time! Mace was 100x's better then obiwan was and obiwan and anikian were pretty much even steven. Mace Windu could probably have defeated or given sidious a better fight then yoda did(mind you fight between he and sidious wasnt accurate as he did all of that to lure anikian to the dark side) he was a MUCH better swordsman, could use shatter points, and still had amazing command of the force.

Now mace vs Vader during his height? now would have been much closer fight but during revenge anikian still had almost no real command of the darkside and while a great swordsman and duelist he still paled next to the other masters.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

Gantoris_Aym
02.08.2012 , 12:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lokai View Post
are you serious? mace would have destroyed anikian at this peroid in time! Mace was 100x's better then obiwan was and obiwan and anikian were pretty much even steven. Mace Windu could probably have defeated or given sidious a better fight then yoda did(mind you fight between he and sidious wasnt accurate as he did all of that to lure anikian to the dark side) he was a MUCH better swordsman, could use shatter points, and still had amazing command of the force.

Now mace vs Vader during his height? now would have been much closer fight but during revenge anikian still had almost no real command of the darkside and while a great swordsman and duelist he still paled next to the other masters.
So you're saying it's not fair? I wasn't referring to who would win or lose, but rather the fact that there are no variables to take into account outside of their pure talent...

wrong_turn
02.08.2012 , 01:39 PM | #19
In a straight up lightsaber duel, I am inclined to pick Mace over Anakin. Its cannon that Mace out right beats Sidious in their duel despite Sidious being a master swords man (in terms of force power Sidious far out matches Windu but that's another matter, I'm just focusing on their saber duel).

If it were down to Anakin and Windu in a duel without force abilities. I don't think Anakin would stand a chance. He was a very talented swordsman, but no where near as skilled an Sidious who lost to Windu. But if you include force abilities I think the playing field is evened out a bit as I believe Mace was an expert duelist but not as strong with the force (if I remember right). Whereas I believe Anakin had a better balance of swordsmanship and force abilities.

In either case I think the real winners are the fans. Personally this is the match up I'd really like to see.
ịị◚◚◚◚ịịịị7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀) A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. -Master Yoda CE

MasterEddard
02.08.2012 , 01:53 PM | #20
Mace Windu defeated Darth Sidious. There is no doubt what so ever that he would most certainly have pimp slapped Anakin like the whore he is.