Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
ROTS Anakin vs ROTS Mace Windu

Gantoris_Aym
02.08.2012 , 09:47 AM | #1
This is a fair fight, no Palpatine to distract Mace Windu. Who would win this rematch?

SiLiZ
02.08.2012 , 09:51 AM | #2
This is actually a great match up.

The only logic I have is that Mace Windu is the best duelist outside of Yoda, and even created the Vaapad form that usually causes people to fall to the dark side. He is better than Obi Wan in a saber-fight. In every regard. And Anakin lost to Obi-Wan. Because of that I give the edge to Windu in this case. And I believe he was the Grand Master of the Order until giving it to Master Yoda.

/Windu

Edited for accuracy. Windu was the leader of the High Council as Master of the Order, while Yoda was still the Grand Master. He gave this title to Yoda. My apologies.

Also the Vaapad form does leave the user open to Force attacks. But Anakin is far to arrogant and inexperienced in effective use of the Force at the time to take advantage of this. And given the rarity of master Vaapad users, going toe to toe with one in saber combat was surprising and chaotic for those on the receiving end.

Rayla_Felana
02.08.2012 , 10:07 AM | #3
Sidious couldn't beat him, Anakin definitely couldn't, Post-Mustafar Vader? maybe, but not ROTS Anakin.

SiLiZ
02.08.2012 , 10:16 AM | #4
While I agree that in a saber-fight Master Windu would overwhelm Sidious, when it came down to using the Force, which it would, Sidious wins every time. And it is a well known canonical fact that Sidious acted as if he was losing to Windu to encourage Anakin's fall to the Sith.

galadimana
02.08.2012 , 10:17 AM | #5
Of course, Mace.

"There's a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."

I been sayin' that **** for years. And if you ever heard it, it meant your ***. I never really questioned what it meant. I thought it was just a cold-blooded thing to say to a mother****er before you popped a cap in his ***. But I saw some **** this mornin' made me think twice.

Now I'm thinkin': it could mean you're the evil man. And I'm the righteous man. And Mr. purple lightsaber here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the valley of darkness.

Or it could be you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that.

But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin, Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd. "

And then Mace cuts whiney little Anny in half, because little baby boy never heard anything so beautiful or so terrifying.

Wolfninjajedi
02.08.2012 , 10:23 AM | #6
Anakin, he pretty much was a jedi master in skill by ROTS and seeing as Mace isn't THE master of Form 3 he wouldn't be able to defend for long against Anakin's wailing with his form. Sure Mace uses Vapaad but Anakin's anger would probably push Mace over the edge and cause him to turn to the darkside as well seeing as he was boarder lining it with Palpatine. Plus Anakin defeated Dooku, who couldn't be defeated by Mace unless one of them got the drop one eachother. And yes I know Palpatine didn't beat Mace...but were talking about Anakin here, who was a master with his lightsaber form Palpatine was more in tune with force powers then lightsaber combat(though he was skillful in that regard too.)
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Logiick
02.08.2012 , 10:33 AM | #7
Anakin wins.

./hipster glasses

TheBentOne
02.08.2012 , 10:34 AM | #8
Mace Windu was the greatest duelest in the jedi order and a master of all seven forms. As powerful as ainnie was at the time i dont think the young, emotionaly confused jedi could withstand the full fury of the master of Vapaad.
I think the larger risk would be of an (rightfully) angry Mace giving himself over to the dark side in order to win.
I bow to no one and give service only for cause.
- From the Journeyman Protectors oath.

Gomla
02.08.2012 , 10:37 AM | #9
One sentence...

"I'm tired of these mother**** lightsabers in my mother**** face"

*Windu pulls out blaster and shoots Anakin*.

Anastayria
02.08.2012 , 10:42 AM | #10
boy looks to windu.... windu tells him "hand me my lightsaber boy".... the boy looks confused....and askes "which one master jedi" windu looks at him with a serious face and replies "the one that says...."BAD MOTHERF***KER".... the end lol
Light thinks itself the superior of the two sides but as fast and as powerful as the light may be it always finds darkness just ahead of it waiting patiently