Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dungeon Finder

Templeo
02.08.2012 , 11:43 AM | #21
Yeah, hopefully those spoiled brats won't come again.... They ruin both IRL and In game -_-

TarikGur
02.08.2012 , 12:31 PM | #22
Have fun playing an empty game all by yourselves. And when they realise they arent making enough money they will just cancel all your hard work and stop putting any money back into the game and eventualy kill it off.

have fun with that. It should be nice and quiet for you in there.

Templeo
02.08.2012 , 12:56 PM | #23
Unfortunately, that won't happen dude.

It's not people like you they make the money on
It's the people that doesn't whine about everything, and actually enjoy and appreciate the work BW puts into the game..

TarikGur
02.08.2012 , 12:59 PM | #24
Time will tell, dude. I guess you know how they make money and I dont, you are the worlds smartest person.

RockoBizzaro
02.08.2012 , 01:10 PM | #25
I'm think everyone is sick of the blasts in General for LFG/LFM.

The dungeon finder function in WoW was nice. What I liked even better was the LFG/LFM implementation Turbine did for DDO. Group lists with specific quests/raids displayed and you were able to display what classes you wanted.

Nice for a leader, nice for a browser.

Taimedown
02.08.2012 , 01:14 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Templeo View Post
Unfortunately, that won't happen dude.

It's not people like you they make the money on
It's the people that doesn't whine about everything, and actually enjoy and appreciate the work BW puts into the game..
lol, wow it actually IS the casual player they make money on. It has nothing to do with ppl who do or don't whine. The casual player tends to be the majority of the player base. They keep active subscriptions much longer than hardcore.
I know far to many hardcore players who clear content seriously fast, cancel thier subs, and re-up when new content comes back, then rinse and repeat.
Nothing wrong with that at all, makes finacial sense to me actually, but EA/BW loses that money for those subs, while the casual is still grinding to 50 or gearing up at 50 continuing thier subs.

Tauntis
02.08.2012 , 01:18 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by TarikGur View Post
Time will tell, dude. I guess you know how they make money and I dont, you are the worlds smartest person.
What he's saying is true, Tarik. Bioware expects to make their money off of the people that actually like the game, and realize how much of a major project it is to create an MMO, and maintain, polish, and add-on to it.

On a different note, a big problem that I have with players I encounter in MMOs is that they are impatient and whiny. They expect that, because they have been handed/experienced certain things in other MMOs that they have played, that they must be there in the current MMO they are playing. Oh, I can't have a flying mount to make questing faster in SWTOR? Might as well unsub, this game sucks. WoW has virtually no glitches, but then this Star Wars game has a few small problems. Might as well forget about what the first couple months of WoW were like and unsub! Stuff like this^ is what really gets to me.

TarikGur
02.08.2012 , 01:32 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tauntis View Post
What he's saying is true, Tarik. Bioware expects to make their money off of the people that actually like the game, and realize how much of a major project it is to create an MMO, and maintain, polish, and add-on to it.

On a different note, a big problem that I have with players I encounter in MMOs is that they are impatient and whiny. They expect that, because they have been handed/experienced certain things in other MMOs that they have played, that they must be there in the current MMO they are playing. Oh, I can't have a flying mount to make questing faster in SWTOR? Might as well unsub, this game sucks. WoW has virtually no glitches, but then this Star Wars game has a few small problems. Might as well forget about what the first couple months of WoW were like and unsub! Stuff like this^ is what really gets to me.

The problems arent small, and they arent few. This game was made with 10 year old expectations. Im not whining for silly issues. Im complaining about serious design issues that bioware SHOULD have anticipated and placed in the game to begin with.

If you buy a car and it breaks the next week, do you just take it as is? Or do you complain and have them fix it? If you buy a dvd that is scratched do you just throw it away and say oh well? If you order food when you go out to eat and the cook makes your steak wrong or sends you the wrong order, do you just sit there and smile and do nothing?

I dont want the game tailor made for me. I want the game made with MODERN requirements in place! LFG is a joke. AH is a joke. Resource gathering and crafting is pretty much a joke. They thought they could just sell us a traditional story driven bioware game, and not implement what all current MMO's should have. Not because WoW has them or any other game has them, but because they are the standard for the current MMO market.

Thats like buying a car without a seat belt and the dealership telling you that they didnt want to be like all the other car brands out there, so they decided to not put seat belts in. Seat belts are standard today, and the issues that I complain about are standard in MMO's today. same thing!

ryuukhang
02.08.2012 , 01:48 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by TarikGur View Post
LFG is a joke. AH is a joke. Resource gathering and crafting is pretty much a joke.
LFG IS a joke. But implementing an LFG system (if it is global) will remove any accountability for your actions and how you treat your groupmates. I will agree that they need to make a better LFG interface, but not something that auto-pairs you. That defeats the purpose of the second M in MMO.

AH is not really a joke, it's just not convenient because you can't just search for what you want right away.

Resource gathering and crafting is a joke, how? Resource gather/crafting in other MMOs required you personally to take time to get the materials and spend time crafting. Here, your companions gather for you. They craft for you. You don't have to do anything other than order them around.

Jellison
02.08.2012 , 01:49 PM | #30
Ooh lookie, another idiot seeking to destroy TOR's community!
Flagging and getting flagged, all day every day.