Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

30 Day Free Subscription With the Game...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
30 Day Free Subscription With the Game...

traceurjosh
12.13.2011 , 09:12 AM | #1
I have a question that has been bugging me for a while, after hearing that with every copy of the game, you receive 30 days free subscription. I have bought other MMO's before, which claimed this aswell, however i ended up having to PAY for a subscription for my 30 days free to be activated.

For example, i bought a months membership, which activated my free 309 days therefore i have 2 months.

Will i have to subscribe to claim the free 30 days membership or not?

BTW: I already have a 60 day game time card on the way for end of early access, so im not being cheap, im just curiours if it is TRULEY 30 days free (e.g. log in and play instantly for 30 days, then subscribe)
(//////////*////[\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \\\\)

GlennVincke
12.13.2011 , 09:14 AM | #2
Yes, you will have to choose a type of subscription to activate your 30 days free. however, if you are not satisfied with the game after 30 days, you always can cancel your subscription. you will only be fee'd after those 30days
Member of Axiom

Mauryl
12.13.2011 , 09:15 AM | #3
You have to setup the sub on the 20th or whenever you activate your game, but you won't have any money taken out for monthly sub until day 30
Way I remember it, albatross was a ship's good luck, 'til some idiot killed it

NightHawke
12.13.2011 , 09:15 AM | #4
Not sure what MMO you are talking about.

Industry standard is you get 30 days with your purchase, but in order to activate your account, you generally need to start up a credit card. For those games that let you use a game card, your game time should start at the moment of activation (launch day not early access) and last the 30 days.

If this did not happen, then someone went awry.
Dark Legion's Empire Jung Ma Server

Live by the Sword,
Die from Bravado.

Ronaldius
12.13.2011 , 01:29 PM | #5
I understand youre probleme, you dont have a creditcard so you order a timecard, this however is deliverd to you on 20 dec.
Now you get the early access mail, do you have to give youre way of payment to enter early access?? I dont now myself, didnt get the mail, but have the same probleme.