Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Error Text Turned Off

System_TOR
03.17.2012 , 09:44 AM | #101
/signed I love the game but I hate this error text spamming my screen, I do not think I can take it much longer.

striderki
03.17.2012 , 11:53 AM | #102
Per the test server, the combat text cannot be moved or disabled in the 1.2 patch.

Binaris
03.24.2012 , 09:58 AM | #103
signed. yeah the one part of the ui you cant change in 1.2 is the only dam part i care about.

rhozac
03.24.2012 , 12:40 PM | #104
/signed & bump

Also wish to disable 2 sounds.

1. clicking sound when you hit an ability that fails to activate or cant activate.
2. clicking sound it makes when any ability activates.

Part of the same contributing negative impact on the total game experience.

Sangrey
03.29.2012 , 01:38 PM | #105
Signed. This really is annoying. Please give us the ability to turn it off, or at least move it out of the center of the screen.

DagonAoA
03.30.2012 , 10:36 AM | #106
Signed. This is a major gameplay experience detractor for me. Everytime I play, I'm annoyed by it. I can't help but be, it's in the middle of my freakin face. I prioritize my ability usage through macros so error text generation is unavoidable. Please let me move it or turn it off. Thanks.
█╬╬╬╬╬╬█|{|███████████████████████████████████}

Binaris
03.30.2012 , 10:18 PM | #107
they talked about this is this weeks q/a. at least working on it is better then silence. btw, i understand a lot of people do use 3rd party macros. but don't tell them. and sure as hell don't broadcast that it is why you want these disabled. unless you never want to see them disabled of course.

Yvin
03.31.2012 , 02:08 PM | #108
Hey everyone!

Please see this week's Community Q&A, where Damion Schubert, Principal Lead Systems Designer, addresses this community request:

Quote:
Asphen: Can we get an option to turn off the combat error text in the center of my screen?

Damion (Principal Lead Systems Designer): We will be looking at adding the ability to move and/or turn off banner text and error text (the two kinds of text that appear in the middle of your screen) as part of the GUI customization system in a future patch. This isn't a trivial issue, however - in some cases, fairly vital information is given to the player here, and we'd need to be sure that in these cases the text gets rerouted someplace for a player to review. So short form, yeah, we're thinking about it, but no ETA for you at this time.
Hope this helps!

glintz
04.14.2012 , 12:14 AM | #109
Now in 1.2 the error sound causes other sounds to not play. Please remove the error text and the sound.

Ghost_Hz
04.17.2012 , 05:44 PM | #110
Yea i played my jedi for about an hour right after 1.2 i was excited to get into the legacy stuff, unfortunately i opened the tab once for a quick look then had to kill a mob.

I always hated the red text but the new 'beep' associated with it just makes me insane. I don't even like having fly text on, then this happened. Whether it happens 10 times in 1 second, or 1 time in 10 hours, I don't want it. I understand it conveys information, but believe when i tell you, i don't need it, nor have I ever.

Considering cancelling my account, i haven't even felt like logging in (and haven't) since then b/c it ruined my favorite character. But if this keeps up there would be no point in paying for something i don't use.